GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. K

How to retro-fit skid trays, aerodynamic under trays, & stone guards to a MK7 Golf

The parts manager that I go to is freakin awesome. I get stuff for cost (because I spend way too much) and he will generally let me return things but I generally try to avoid it.
  2. K

OEM Wireless charger

With the non-vented charger, I could charge the phone in both directions without any issues. With the fan/vent taking up some of the pad real estate, I'm sure that limits the phone configuration for charging given that the cubby isn't all that big.
  3. K

OEM Wireless charger

Yes, this is exactly what I observed this morning. Seems to be working just fine.
  4. K

Rimless Mk7.5 Golf R interior rear view mirror retrofit to Mk7 R Golf.

Still does. Even has DLA. But before I removed that mirror just HBA.
  5. K

Hmmm without the compass and home link (my old mirror) is 3G0857511AC989.
  6. K

OEM Wireless charger

@bobloblawGTI, I'm pretty sure the fan didn't come on, on mine. Hmmm. More testing needed. Update: Fan does come on but damn this thing is finnicky. I'm hoping it eventually becomes more stable. Update to the Update: I ordered another one for the GSW.
  7. K

This is the rimless rear view mirror part number I used for both my MK7 Golf R and MK7 GSW that have HBA. The mirror has homelink and a built in compass (000072548F).
  8. K

OEM Wireless charger

@bobloblawGTI sid you notice the fan come on at all? Mine did not seem to activate upon installation. I’m thinking it’s temperature dependent.
  9. K

OEM Wireless charger

This is hilarious. I literally just did this about an hour ago. Unfortunately, it is regularly giving me the ‘unable to charge’ quite a bit. But I put it in there and I’ll see how it works out. Looks like I’ll probably need to remove my case. Hmm.
  10. K

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

That would be ideal. I can't imagine that you're introducing THAT much water, especially in vapor, to the brake system considering you're likely only dissolving it across the surface area in the brake reservoir. Given all variations in environmental conditions except during it's initial 'clean'...
  11. K

FS: MK8 steering wheel GTI (VA/MD/DC)

I would doubt it's heated because there isn't a button.
  12. K

NAR 2021 Maps Available for Download for MST2 (MIB2)

If you don't mind me asking, what build is it?
  13. K

OEM Wireless charger

This came in today! Now I’ll need to figure out how to modify the rubber pad. I order three extra pads from LLLparts.co.uk. Came out to slightly cheaper than Ali at $54 . . . 5G1863328F (recessed) or D (Flat)
  14. K

Struggling to get cd player fully in when reinstalling

Check the slot where you're installing it. I do know that sometimes it's just an extra push to get it past the detents. Firstly, check your cable management behind the unit to make sure that it's not causing an obstruction.
  15. K

Ah! That makes sense. It is amazing that people find a way to still mar up these trim pieces in spite of having KESSY. Like, what do you do in your car that is so destructive? I can't wait to see how the KESSY retrofit comes out! Good luck!
  16. K

What year is that cover from? It looks different than what's on either of mine.
  17. K

Retrofitting Heated Steering Wheel

Just to top off the retrofit, I decided to go the lazy-man route and get the hard button HVAC panel from the Tiguan (5NN907044AGWZU - if you happen to have Climatronic). It's not necessary but I have a good relationship with the parts guys at my local VW shop (Thanks Julian!) and got the panel...
  18. K

Retrofitting Heated Steering Wheel

Got this done today. Made a few screw-ups like 1) not coding my new Kostal clockspring (DOH!), 2) Not realizing that I had pulled a wire out of the connector for the shifter buttons after finishing the install, while snapping some of the steering wheel trim pins in the process. I never did get...
  19. K

A way to keep the rear view camera on for just a bit longer?

Sweet! I was hoping it was that easy. I remember some of the discussion when I was upgrading to the highline camera. I'm just glad that worked. Still hoping to get that parking heater done this summer . . .
  20. K

MK7 Climatronic upgrade with instructions and pictures.

Number of days since GSW purchase: 637 Number of times AC Outlet has been used: 0