GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

Admin - please delete tread

There's a thread here that might give you some info. https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/fitting-7-5-acc-sensor-to-mk7.375890/
  2. S

Imported MK7 GTI from Japan - No sound at all

@DV52 Resoldered the amplifier ICs yesterday and I have audio again :cool: Many thanks for all the help trying to diagnose the issue. Hopefully if anybody ever has similar issue they manage to come across this thread.
  3. S

The plot thickens. :ROFLMAO: It's been a rollercoaster of events. If I end up replacing the unit I'll stick a stamp on it and send it to the land down under for you to have many sleepless nights about. :ROFLMAO: Im going to take a breather from it for a few days and I'll tackle the HVAC...
  4. S

Another day another attempt :ROFLMAO: Before I went about anything in depth this is what my tests resulted in. TV Tuner unplugged - No audio at first, Audio sometimes came back after multiple restarts of the MIB. TV Tuner plugged back in - Same as above DTCP Error present - Same as above DTCP...
  5. S

Just as I thought I was moving onto to soldering, you've reeled me back in :D you should be given the title "Wizard of Aus". No offense taken at all, you're far more educated on these systems than I will ever be so I'm open to trying anything you say. Sidenote - I forgot to mention what swayed...
  6. S

Well Ive failed at the first hurdle , TV Tuner 57 module isn't ticked in the CAN Gateway Installation List, yet it shows up in the GIL under AutoScan. And I thought with it disconnected I should get a malfunction in the 19-CAN Gateway Status but that reports back OK. Edit : TV Tuner still...
  7. S

Ah it was definitely worth a go attempting it as it did make sense in a way. I did see if I could find a way to code out the TV tuner completely so it's no longer part of the system to see if that could help but couldn't find anything on doing that. If you see this reply before I attempt...
  8. S

Well Don, today was uneventful. Plugged out the power to the TV tuner , cleared all codes and still no audio. Only related codes I had was TV tuner module not detected and an optical bus error. Once TV tuner was reconnected the DTCP error came back which I cleared. Still no audio. Reset the...
  9. S

I know it's a guess but I'm more than happy to keep going down this rabbit hole. If we can get it rectified then all this information will surely help another owner somewhere someday. At least today's testing has ruled out the high/low converter and wiring. I did clear the DTCP code today...
  10. S

Ok well an update before Don gets back to me. My friend gave me his laptop and cable and I cleared codes for the engine and HVAC as I thought be no harm.. Started the car as it wasn't running in 2 days, cars running abit and randomly get static from radio station that's on from all speakers ...
  11. S

Got a scan done today by a friend who emailed me the log earlier. Found issues for sure but not sure if its related to audio. He didnt clear anything was just some sort of automatic scan and that was it, so i dont know if these are old and not relevant? Monday,20,November,2023,11:15:08:00009...
  12. S

I have a friend with VCDS who could possibly give it a scan for me. Will I get that done first before attempting to remove the AudioTechnica unit + wiring from the car ? Thanks very much for all the help and knowledge so far. I'll owe you many pints if I can get this rectified.
  13. S

@DV52 Pulled out unit in glovebox and here is what I found. Photo of back of unit attached. Using the photo of the pinout you posted above here is what I could see. Pin 1 - black/white - not messed with Pin 5 - blue/white - not messed with Pin 2 - red/green - a wire spliced in Pin 6 -...
  14. S

Thanks again for the in depth reply. I just checked the car there for you. It's a RHD car so under the driver's seat is a TV Tuner module with the part number 8V0919129B. I have attached a photo of the back of this. Under the passenger seat is absolutely nothing, just smooth carpet. Not even...
  15. S

Speakers are all there thankfully. It was 1 of the first things I checked when It clicked with me that there was a sound system in the car previous.
  16. S

Wow that's very much for that in detail response. They radio keys I had don't work so I ordered a new set to arrive tomorrow. So once I get them I'll pull out the unit in glovebox and see what's going on behind there and report back with photo. Yes you are correct in saying I've no audio from...
  17. S

Lurker for awhile while waiting for my Mk7 to arrive from Japan. Arrived yesterday and I realised I have no audio sound at all regardless of source. I went digging and found a thick yellow/thick black wire in the boot with a molex connector on the end (thick yellow is going to battery in...