GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. A

Today's Best Mounts

Your water pump leaking?
  2. A

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Today I took out my rear pads because I noticed a squeak coming from the rear and was a bit surprised to see the condition of the pads. Is this okay to continue to run? They are a bit rough? If the pads need to be replaced, do I also have to replace the rotors? The rotors are still 9.9mm thick...
  3. A

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Is it 100% necessary to use the backing plates that come on brake pads? On one of mine, the backing plate clips no longer secure themselves to the pad.
  4. A

2018 GTI SE: How would you mod with $5k? $10k? $15k?

At what mileage do you consider an IHI is38 to be at the “end of its life?” My is38 is EQT custom tuned for 93 on my 2019 GTI. I’d much rather replace a tired turbo, than have it blow and shoot tiny pieces of metal through my IC and have to deal with that headache/anxiety of the debris making...
  5. A

How many miles does it take for your oil to change to black? I’m 3,000 miles since my last oil change and the oil is DARK.
  6. A

NC VAG Back of the Dragon Mountain Drive- Saturday, March 11th

Join us! The @NC Volkswagen Audi Group Back of the Dragon mountain Drive is back on for Saturday, March 11th. Here’s the plan for timing. We will share our location to make things easier and bring a walkie-talkie as there is little service in the mountains. If there is a chance for wet roads...
  7. A

NC VAG Back of the Dragon Mountain Drive- Saturday, March 11th

Join us! The @NC Volkswagen Audi Group Back of the Dragon mountain Drive is back on for Saturday, March 11th. Here’s the plan for timing. We will share our location to make things easier and bring a walkie-talkie as there is little service in the mountains. If there is a chance for wet roads...
  8. A

(y) Does anyone know if you can safely run the 7.5 5QM919051B pump in an MK7?
  9. A

Which LPFP did you go with? There are some pretty big price differences between the 7 and 7.5 pumps, but I have no idea why they wouldn't be cross-compatible.... The OEM but the LPFP for my 17 GTI is about 400 bucks on FCP Euro, but the OEM pump for 7.5 models is $140 from ShopDap and is a...
  10. A

But are they properly grounded now just being pressed against the coil pack?
  11. A

Jeff has gone full scorched earth against EQT lol. https://mygolfmk7.com/2022/12/equilibrium-tuning-claims-analysis/?fbclid=IwAR1cBCL2AYlyaVU5ezR9Wl45jc_o9regBTeQTbRvSLCMN510dG6LifGp9GM
  12. A

Are Golf’s reliable?

Have you done any investigation to see where the oil is being consumed?
  13. A

Long Term Spark Plug Thoughts

No, they are the Denso 5749's which are one step colder. It's an is38 car that sees full boost every so often.
  14. A

Long Term Spark Plug Thoughts

For the hell of it, I pulled my plugs at 2,000 miles and was not expecting them to be straight-up black at the top of the threads. Is that normal?
  15. A

Auto Insurance Rate Increases

Not USAA, which I'm eligible for, it's just $250 more than the Esurance policy every 6/mo.
  16. A

Auto Insurance Rate Increases

We have Esurance and pay $96 a month for full coverage on my GTI and wife’s Honda. But is Esurance a shit carrier?
  17. A

Took out the plugs just to take a peek. What's up with the specks on the plug on the left? The left is cylinder 1 and the right is cylinder 4. Two and three looked like the plug on the right as well with no specks.
  18. A

On open intakes, does the brand of filter on the end of the pipe make any difference? I've been using an aftermarket filter from AEM, but I put the filter from IE back on it the other day and it sounds louder, which i prefer.
  19. A

What made you replace the PCV? And did you just spray down the entire engine bay with a pressure washer?