GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. 3

August IMSA Race at VIR

That would be fun. I would like to go, we will have to see. Will post up if I do
  2. 3

THE Formula One Thread

I would find it hilarious if LeClerc left Ferrari, Hamilton took his place and won
  3. 3

THE Formula One Thread

Looking forward to see if AMR are for real. Looking like it but... I would find it hilarious to see Max realize his main rival would be Alonso. Like Hamilton Alonso will give no quarter when in battle.
  4. 3

Off Topic Random Chat v5.8 - Memes and Gifs Welcomed

or if you are a fan of The Kinks, it could be a Lola Filter
  5. 3

2017 GTi PP at VIR

Thanks for the input everybody. Makes sense, in the back of my head I knew its not a good idea but I was just hoping. Guess I'll have to budget new tires for my next event whenever that happens.
  6. 3

2017 GTi PP at VIR

It's in the of center tread. Good idea though, I'll certainly check with the tech.
  7. 3

2017 GTi PP at VIR

Hope you don't mind me asking this here, but everybody here has knowledge so maybe one of you knows the answer. I have Michelin PS4S tires and I plan to use them for HPDE weekends. I know they aren't the greatest for the track but my skill level is low enough that they will work well. But I...
  8. 3

Suggestion for rear wiper blade

Can't tell if this a serious comment. But being from NV maybe it is. If so, I would say most northern states that see snowfall salt the roads, an estimated 20 million metric tons each year. Even in the south where I am they lay down a brine solution before an expected storm to keep the roads...
  9. 3

Suggestion for rear wiper blade

Do none of you live in an area that rains? Or is dusty/dirty? Or where they salt the roads? No matter how clean you keep your car, in many situations salted roads will obscure your rear window in a matter of minutes. Or when it rains and the roads are really dirty my window will get dirty enough...
  10. 3

FS: VWR 6pot BBK

I would like to know too. FB is terrible. Or post them here as well
  11. 3

Stock Pirelli P7s on Track

My instructor for my first HPDE weekend asked me to leave my street tires (the same Pirelli's) on because the limits are low as was (and still is) my skill level. That was beneficial to me but I think for you and your skill level you will want appropriate tires.
  12. 3

Do it all Sportwagen - street/hoon/track/drag you name it....this is the way...

Thats a different event to what I was referring to. This one is run by Tarheel Sports Car Club, THSCC on Feb 25/26. But that's awesome that you are getting out on track again so soon.
  13. 3

Do it all Sportwagen - street/hoon/track/drag you name it....this is the way...

You going to the THSCC Frozen Frenzy event at VIR at the end of Feb? They are using the Full course Sat and the Grand Course Sun. Good opportunity to drive the Grand Course.
  14. 3

Mid Life GTI Journey

The dragon is a blast, but I would be worried about poor road conditions that time of year, of course if I don't go it would probably be perfect! :). My advice for people running the dragon is to go early, before or at sunrise and late, after sunset. I went last year and arrived about 9pm...
  15. 3

Autobahn's Golf R Clubsport Build

Thanks for the info. I wonder if both the WeatherTech guards and the Flow Design vents together would make a noticeable difference? Not the cheapest but I can't stand the buffeting. The built in helmets coms are nice. I have to rely on the instructors coms with the ear piece that wedges...
  16. 3

2017 GTi PP at VIR

Mini7, not sure if you have seen this but I thought it might be useful- a Speed Secrets Q&A for the Garmin Catalyst
  17. 3

Autobahn's Golf R Clubsport Build

Your car looks great. Do the rear window vents work? Do they cut down on the buffeting? It's terrible in these cars, I could barely hear my instructor with just the front windows down.
  18. 3

Movie and TV Recommendations

If anybody is into Christmas movies, Merry Christmas Officer Hansel on Tubi if you have a Roku device is simply amazing in the ironic sense of amazing. I'm sure somebody worked really hard on it but wow, just wow.