GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. cb1111

Does anybody use the automatic parking feature on the Autobahn?

Well, I guess it is semi-automatic because you still brake and feather the gas. How well does it work? Does it require a huge parking space?
  2. cb1111

A slightly different AC question

How is the AC in the back and in the hatch area? Will the GSD be happy back there? Sizewise he fits, but there are no vents back there. Thoughts?
  3. cb1111

anybody else having "quote" issues with Firefox

Recently - last week or so - whenever I click "quote", it'll open the reply box but won't quote the message. I've updated Firefox, restarted the computer, but it still has the issue. Any thoughts?
  4. cb1111

Emergency Response cards for VW

For cars sold in Germany, manufacturers are required to create emergency response cards that identify the location of circuits, reinforcements, airbags and the like. These cards assist emergency responders so that they can deactivate a car's systems quickly and know, for example, where to...
  5. cb1111

Center trim got me - poll

If you haven't filed a complaint yet, then you can do it here The problematic part is the bright shifter surround by the front cubby where you would put your phone or other small items.
  6. cb1111

Anonymous poll - gasoline grades

So we know that the R requires 91+ octane. We also know that the R runs just fine in daily driving with 87+ octane. Please be honest about what gas you use. The poll is anonymous.
  7. cb1111

PSA - Chamberlain/LiftMaster garage door controls 888LM

A few weeks ago my wife came home and said "you forgot to close the garage door." I slapped myself a couple of times and forgot about it. Today, I'm having dinner and the dog jumps up from under the table, and goes racing to the door barking her head off. I look out the window and see my...
  8. cb1111

Not only diesels

According to "Bild am Sonntag", the Munich District Attorney's office is looking at VW for emissions cheating - this time with gasoline engines by manipulating the transmission shift points. According to BamS (a somewhat sleazy but popular newspaper), the manipulation happens when the engine is...
  9. cb1111

Who blew up their R on I-270 tonight?

White R, blew by me at 20:00 doing 90 or so in the 55. I was in the middle of 3 lanes doing 65ish about two miles from where it goes to two lanes. About a 1/2 mile ahead there was a big puff of white smoke and he stood on the brakes and pulled over. He nearly ran a painters van off the road...
  10. cb1111

Since we're posting useless articles

I thought this one might get a chuckle. The comments (and the responses by the author) are funny as well. Now, I think we all know that manual transmissions are a dying breed (and I bought into automatics ages ago) but idiotic articles like these just show how stupid the internet has become.
  11. cb1111

What mods weren't worth it AND ended up costing you a lot of money in repair costs

I'll start: I bought a new 1996 Yukon. Great car but my local speed shop (this was before Google and Altavista and Ask Jeeves were the search engines) recommended that I install a performance ignition kit that also included all new wires. I noticed no difference but talked myself into thinking...
  12. cb1111

Speaking of resale value...

Here is how VW group fits into the top ten in resale value in Germany. This was published by Schwacke - the German equivalent of Edmunds/blackbook/kbb/manheim etc. Schwacke values are generally spot on unlike the US valuations. This is the residual value afterfour years Kompaktwagen (Compact)...
  13. cb1111

June VW incentives

Shane A - any news on June incentives yet? TIA
  14. cb1111

What issues are "only" this car that are also problems with other cars?

This post was inspired by the "replaced my windshield" post. What issues to we believe are inherent to the MK VII but in reality are the same issues that are complained about on other cars. If you know the cause, then please post that as well. Let me start "Soft", easily chipped windshields...
  15. cb1111

Decisions, decisions

I realize that buying a car is a purely personal decision and outside influences shouldn’t guide my decision but I wanted your guys’ thoughts to see if I’m overlooking something. A bit of background. I had a MkV GTI and then an R32. Loved both cars, hated the dealership. From there I moved on...
  16. cb1111

Decisions, decisions

I realize that buying a car is a purely personal decision and outside influences shouldn’t guide my decision but I wanted your guys’ thoughts to see if I’m overlooking something. A bit of background. I had a MkV GTI and then an R32. Loved both cars, hated the dealership. From there I moved on...
  17. cb1111

April 2018 Incentives and lease data for GTI

Would someone be so kind as to post the April incentives please.
  18. cb1111

vs Hyundai

I recently rented a base Mk7 Jetta. While sitting at a light I looked over and there was this Hyundai revving his engine. It was on. We were on a bit of a decline, so when the light turned green I put it in neutral and shut down the 89' Excel.
  19. cb1111

March 2018 Incentives and lease data for GTI

Does anyone have the 2018 March lease incentives? Does anyone have lease data (residuals, money factor, lease incentives) for the 2018 GTI?