GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. cb1111

April GTI Incentives

And won't be anymore. I guess the last was the DC show in February....
  2. cb1111

April GTI Incentives

Damn it....
  3. cb1111

April GTI Incentives

Anything on the R?
  4. cb1111

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

It is unlikely that the reputation of a shop has anything to do with their ability to flash code. It probably has to do with their other services.
  5. cb1111

Say what? Care to elaborate?
  6. cb1111

Yes, for example, there are several different rear turn signal configurations that are available in different regions. Rather than make different electronic modules, they just code them differently - the window up that is available in some areas.
  7. cb1111

Yes, VW is making the tweaks "possible" because they are all settings that are either factory settings or something that is available in another part of the world - or unavailable here for regulatory reasons. Some of those "tweaks" may require different modules or parts and some are just settings.
  8. cb1111

Dying sound system?

I'm pretty confident that they'll give you something with your letter, but that is an alternative if they tell you to go suck eggs.
  9. cb1111

Dying sound system?

Funny you talk about swag. I had a friend who had an Impala with a ton of electrical issues. He was way out of warranty but the dealer had been trying to fix it forever without much luck, so he wrote to Chevy asking for help. He collected old car magazines and found one from the 50's where Tom...
  10. cb1111

Dying sound system?

Sorry, I know a Pieter from Holland and had a brain lapse. Here is the data from Belgium and actually a bit worse than the Netherlands. While it is far too early to draw conclusions from data, the one factor that can be useful to compare nations is illness/deaths per million inhabitants. Here...
  11. cb1111

Dying sound system?

Sure, it is just a little drama Sorry, but COVID-19 response seems to be my life right now and everyone needs to take it seriously - not only for yourself, but for those around you.
  12. cb1111

Dying sound system?

Yes, add the safety aspects. Great first draft BTW and far better than the whiny letters they normally get. The address to send the letter to is in your owner's manual. The reason that you want to send it registered, return receipt required, is that somebody needs to sign for it, fill out that...
  13. cb1111

Dying sound system?

I'm a long time Volkswagen owner with 4 prior VW cars dating back to _______ While I've always been extremely happy with my Volkswagens, I now have a problem with a manufacturer's defect that I need your help with......
  14. cb1111

Dying sound system?

Here's what you need to put into your letter. It should be a real letter, with a stamp, sent registered mail. Date of first service, current mileage. State that while you understand that you are out of warranty by time, you are still under mileage A factual state of the problem, emphasizing...
  15. cb1111

Dying sound system?

So your dealership suggest that you commit warranty fraud - classy dealership. BTW, in this pricerange, warranty fraud is a felony. Open a case with VW corporate and ask for a goodwill repair. I'd also throw the dealership (that is only trying to sell you a warranty) under a bus with corporate...
  16. cb1111

Question for the Pure White GTIs (bumper/body paint mismatch)

You're close. When they painted the quarter panel/door, they blended it up the C pillar but didn't blend it with the bumper. That said, most bumpers (from the factory) are slightly different because of the flex agent, but both sides should be equally "off". Perhaps you should have a talk with...
  17. cb1111

2015 Golf TDI S Seat Swap Help

I doubt that the TDI and the R have the same airbag controllers.
  18. cb1111

Gas prices

Yeah, I forgot about that. Back then it was full service for those 16 cents
  19. cb1111

Often, the bottleneck is upload speeds
  20. cb1111

Gas prices

Young punks.... Growing up in California I remember 16/17 cents for regular (I don't remember if anybody used ethyl) and green stamps to go along with that. When I started driving it was 33 cents a gallon in the US. In the DC burbs of Virginia, cheap regular is $2.03 with premium at 2.63 - of...