GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Golfs everyday

How to drive faster!

Genegenie - That's good advise. Smooth is key.
  2. Golfs everyday

How to drive faster!

Yeah, but you have to remember the throttle angle you applied to gain speed in 1st will also determine how quickly the fuel burn-off completes and rev begins to drop. How you shift 1-2 also depends greatly on how smoothly you came off the line. You are literally building speed off the...
  3. Golfs everyday

How to drive faster!

No slip because while I am clutching-in and shifting the lever, RPM is already dropping down into 2nd gear range so I would just begin clutching-out with slight throttle to assist the flywheel's momentum. If you pause your RPM will drop too low.
  4. Golfs everyday

How to drive faster!

Another thing that might help you is try to press the gas pedal closer to the arch (center) of your foot instead of by your toes. That will give you finer control if your foot muscle is tired or has not fully developed for MT driving.
  5. Golfs everyday

How to drive faster!

No, neither a pause nor slip. After 1st gear rev to say 4K RPM, just shift and then begin clutch-out in constant motion with slight throttle, then apply throttle exponentially when 2nd gear is fully engaged. That might be why you're getting the jerkiness. The only time I slip the clutch is...
  6. Golfs everyday

Golfs everyday.. with OT journal.

Yeah, that looks real good. Nice job
  7. Golfs everyday

Was checking out the thread where folks were 3D printing stuff for their cars.. wow.. and I'm sitting here with painter's tape and scissors making stripes.. yikes.
  8. Golfs everyday

What did you do to your mk7 today?

^^ Black mirror caps look good.
  9. Golfs everyday

LOL hahaha! I've seen some folks making coin slots in their tow eye covers and mounting straps through them. That's also a nice clean finish. I think Raceseng has pictures of both on their site
  10. Golfs everyday

The reality of mods and warranties

Gotta pay to play. I'm perfectly fine paying for repairs if my warranty was voided. First off, I hate letting dealers touch my cars after taking ownership. If it's a recall, then I would take the car back to the dealer if it's something I cannot fix on my own.
  11. Golfs everyday

That's cool. I have a 3D printed front plate holder on that side of my bumper so I was thinking I would just do the rear tow hook if I was going to do it. I would buy a spare tow eye cover, drill through it, and mount the post through that for a nice clean finish.. well, that was the idea.
  12. Golfs everyday

How to drive faster!

So dtran11 - Were you able to figure things out at least a little bit? Clutch-out between 1-2, 2-3, etc is a consistent process. There is no reason to pause the clutch-out in the middle of the throw. It will make it more difficult for you as now you're adding another variable to your...
  13. Golfs everyday

Yeah, I have a COBB emblem on the gate so maybe that is enough free advertisement for them.. haha I think the top drooping line of my stripe on the rear door also forces the eyes to look downward and when there is a bright white logo there it just points the eyes to the wrong direction. It...
  14. Golfs everyday

Yeah, that is kind of my worry.. I think the tow hook would go well with the theme, but might draw the wrong attention or focus. Speaking of your Raceseng knob on your R, did you swap out the boot as well? I agree, their knobs are great.
  15. Golfs everyday

Thanks and thanks for checking out my journal.
  16. Golfs everyday

So what is the consensus for tow hooks on our Golf's? Too rice? I think I want to get a Raceseng tow hook (red with black post) on the rear.. I run their shift knob on my WRX and they are high quality. I've never considered tow hooks or straps on my WRX nor STI, but my Golf-R is kind of...
  17. Golfs everyday

Very Belated Oryx White Golf R Build

Sorry to see on your bent wheel. Can you get that fixed and use as a spare? I too bent an OZ wheel a few yrs ago on my GTI and the DWS06 on that wheel was fine. Insurance paid for a new wheel with tire however as the set was still fairly new and they thought it would be safer.
  18. Golfs everyday

Greta's Reise

I love the white MK7.5 GTI's facias. Nice touch with the front plate. I should get one for my garage wall..
  19. Golfs everyday

Best product to eliminate swirls on Black GTD?

NP and make sure to use foam pads (orange/red/black) when applying. No old t-shirts and terry cloths! GL
  20. Golfs everyday

Hummm... note taken..