GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. dietcokefiend

2016 GTI premature leather wear (Need opinions on solution)

Its from your leg (drivers leg) rubbing against the steering wheel getting in and out of the car. Some people really enter or exit with their leg in a high position as they rotate.
  2. dietcokefiend

2019 GTI 6MT Stalling Issue

Apply that to medicine. Officer/Judge, I had to resort to buying XYZ drug that is illegal to DIY my own problem. You will get a response of "that doesn't matter, you still can't do that". Same thing with cars. You have legal remedy's to solve problems, DIY approaches dont bind a manufacturer to...
  3. dietcokefiend

Discuss: 7-speed DSG in 2019-2020 MK7.5 GTI

Pretty easy to feel it, slips a lot longer.
  4. dietcokefiend

Nightmare dealership experience documented at TTAC - 2019 Sportwagen

Har har, wait till the sunroof dumps water on your head. Was more expecting that nightmare ;-)
  5. dietcokefiend

Is this the first time VW has had a tuning waiver?
  6. dietcokefiend

Discuss: 7-speed DSG in 2019-2020 MK7.5 GTI

For tooting around town, I've kind of annoyed the starting from 2nd gear deal this transmission does. Prior 6 speed transmission and all the regular 8 speeds do the normal routine. Start from 1st, start shifting as you increase in speed. The 7 speed starts off from 2nd unless you give it a ton...
  7. dietcokefiend

New Fluid Interval for 7spd DSG? 80k now

Anyone else get the notice in the mail that the new service interval on the 7 speed DSG in the 2019 GTI, R and GLI is now 80k miles? Old interval obviously 40k miles, none of this is covered under warranty maintenance so probably not a cost savings thing. Here is the updated service PDF for...
  8. dietcokefiend

Another failed thrust bearing victim :(

Look at the stats again, its been floating up in longevity for the past 60 years. Are you trying to deduce that the economy has been getting worse in that time and people keep cars longer, or the simpler approach that cars are lasting longer and the need to replace them quickly isn't playing out...
  9. dietcokefiend

Doesn't look like the stalling problem really scaled back following the NHTSA complaints. There are 6 posted just in February so far. All of those cards should have been flashed with the patch. Its slowed down... but its definitely not gone yet.
  10. dietcokefiend

Another failed thrust bearing victim :(

Then you'd see huge jumps during recessions, but you don't. It's gradually increasing while at the same time cars are suspiciously lasting longer.
  11. dietcokefiend

Interesting seeing the uptick in NHTSA complaints. We had a pretty big gap, now there are recent ones from new car purchases. All of them should have had the flash done before sale... so either the flash isn't helping or many dealers forgot to flash?
  12. dietcokefiend

My gut feeling on stalling, given how closely linked it is to oil temp, is we may be seeing a drop in failures for now with colder weather. Get back into late spring and summer and they pop back up. Last year I didn't even encounter much stalling reports until things warmed up. Then come hot...
  13. dietcokefiend

New GTI, getting the high beam flash from other drivers

it's been that way for a long time now on VW and Audi with auto leveling headlamps. I also did the manual adjustment then followed the vagcom. Triggering the program mode without doing anything else reset the position lower. Now each time I hit that program mode after setting the new position...
  14. dietcokefiend

You can't. On the newer headlights, you adjust the screw and the next time it powers up it balances back to where it was set. You need to put it in program mode, adjust height, then confirm to get it to work.
  15. dietcokefiend

Mk 7.5 Cost Cutting

Mann makes one, got it in my Rabbit currently.
  16. dietcokefiend

Some of our GTIs seem to have crap factory leveling setup. I had two that were aimed far down, it sounds like you might have some edging up on too high. You will need OBDEleven of Vagcom to set the new level. What I've done is aim to preference. I know there is the measure at different...
  17. dietcokefiend

Figured it was time to update the first post. I included a link to the 24FD service action (https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10169120-0001.pdf) which appears to be working to address the stalling issue in the GTI/GLI. Hopefully this issue is coming to an end, although the investigation...
  18. dietcokefiend

Crank walk / class action (we need to get together)

Engine starters can move the entire car. Assume they have near unlimited power in the short duration they are used (before they overheat or drain the car battery). Clutch pedal in forcing on the thrust bearing is probably same or worse than clutch pedal out and maybe 5-10lbs more of metal is...