GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. W

MK7 Mod Guide for the Clueless Quarantined Dad...

All of this comes down to what you want and if you want to tune or not. If you're looking for small stuff to tinker with to pass some time: 1. Turbo inlet pipe (90 degree elbow). CTS just released a new version that is cast aluminum. Priced pretty reasonably. Looks like a quality product...
  2. W

Secondary Air Intake (SAI) Delete?

When you say tune it out... are you talking about tuning it out using say a Cobb Accessport? Or tune it out by say using OBDII and disabling the SAI somewhere in there?
  3. W

Heat Transfer Coatings on intercoolers

You forgot that someone will also ask what intake is the best. And what exhaust is the best. Also if a tune will void warranty.
  4. W

Show Us Your Intake!

not sure if this one has been mentioned... https://www.agencypower.com/agency-power-cold-air-intake-system-volkswagen-mk7-golf-gti-golf-audi-p-152638238.html Agency power.
  5. W

Oil Change Dilemma-Question(s)

Man... I'm pretty OCD but this is honestly the first time I've come across someone more so than I am. If you're concerned about the quality of the work being done and you've had success with the dealership before, just take it back to the dealership. There's things that are harmless and...
  6. W

What is missing from the Exhaust market for your car you wish somebody made?

Eh... I think it's more of paying a reasonable price. The whole CSS muffler coming from far away isn't necessarily a time issue for me. It's the I don't want to get it and find out it was packed poorly and now trying to deal with returning it or whatever is almost impossible as customer...
  7. W

What is missing from the Exhaust market for your car you wish somebody made?

Exactly. I'd like to get a Clubsport muffler since I like having a sleeper/factory look to the car... Remus and the clubsport are the only options. The CSS muffler being from overseas and from far away. The Remus pricing is just too high for me for an axleback.
  8. W

Things/Upgrades/Parts Made by Forum Members

This is a compilation thread of the things made by forum members. This does not include things made by forum members who work for a company who makes a part. For that item to make the list, it must be something that the forum member is going to sell to others. I. Engine/Drivetrain/etc...
  9. W

GTI Side Skirts Soft Plastic?

The OEM side skirt is this plastic that seems pretty soft. Anyone have ways of keeping it from getting scratched up and gouged up? Anyone know of a gloss black or a carbon fiber GTI side skirt replacement? I'd like to keep it the OEM style... but just carbon fiber or gloss black.
  10. W

Paint gone under grommet Service Lift Points?

On the bottom of the car, there are grommets on the "frame rail" near the rear of the vehicle (between the front and rear wheels, right before you get to the rear wheel). These grommets are circles and there are 2 on each side near each other. This is basically what you would have before you...
  11. W

Bored Out Throttle Body

Started doing some research cause a buddy at work just got a bored out TB for his challenger. Apparently, we have one available: https://gramsperformance.com/70mm-mk5-6-throttle-body-black.html I know it says it's for a mk5 and mk6, but I believe that this also fits the mk7. Our factory...
  12. W

18" tallest tires

Do you guys know what the tallest tire size I can use without rubbing/rolling fenders/fender screw mod/etc? Reason I ask is because while I am super careful about things in the road and potholes, I'm almost scraping at stock height to get in my own driveway. I live in a suburb so it's not like...
  13. W

2019 Rabbit Edition Rear Spoiler Extension/Lip

Anyone know the part number for the lip spoiler/spoiler extension on the 2019 rabbit edition? I'm assuming that spoilers for the Mk7.5 will be the same as the Mk7?
  14. W

Aluminum Filter Housing

There are aftermarket filter housing that replaces the existing factory oil filter housing and DSG filter housing with aluminum, finned filter housings. Anyone have any feedback on these finned, replacement housing? The various ones available claim it helps dissipate heat better. Anyone have...
  15. W

Apartment policies and cash grab - WWYD

I think you'll have to pay the early termination fee and get out of your contract. If you've signed a contract, unfortunately, that's all you can do.
  16. W

Delete

Problem was on my end in seeing posts from other sections.
  17. W

Touch Up Paint From Body Shop - Durability question

I have a rock chip on my rocker panel (not on the textured part) that was down to primer. I'm looking to get this touched up since the touch up paint by Dr. Color Chip and Langka are all solvent based paints and pretty much come off if a solvent is exposed (like rubbing alcohol). This is an...
  18. W

2018 Golf R Rear Spoiler Extension

From the video someone posted a while back of the 2018 Golf R, it looks like there is a spoiler extension available that is similar to the Maxton one. Has there been a part number located or a picture of the part? All there seems to be is the picture taken from the video of the Golf R in the...
  19. W

Kia Stinger GT2 Review

Depends... If you're selling within the 10 year/100 thousand... the resale might not be too bad... outside of that... no clue. I think for this particular car though, it'll depend on popularity. If people absolutely love it and they can't keep these on the lot and they kick the crap out of...
  20. W

Removing Rear Bumper - Wires

Had a body shop touch up some scratches on my rear bumper. They had to take off the rear bumper to do so. I went back to check on their work after it was completed and noticed a wire on the passenger side on the bottom of the vehicle at the rear bumper. Started looking at trailer hitch...