GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Search results

1. T

Garrett g25 in mqb

Here's the lil adapter guy.
  2. T

Brushless option...

It only sells with a controller, can't buy a pump without it.
  3. T

Garrett g25 in mqb

I did, it ended up being around 400 shipped, got here in 5 days or so, it's a very nice piece. So the G25 series is internally gated, once I have the turbo in hand my fabricator is going to make a mounting plate for the oem wga on the G25. He does a similar setup for the FK8civic type R...
  4. T

Remote Start MK7 GTI, OBD Eleven folks chime in

I've got a dsg, we can burn that bridge when we get to it 🤣 there isn't a way to code a bypass for the clutch switch? Why not wire a ground to the e brake handle, so when you park the car, e bdake up, it'd show the clutch being in? Is that a monumentally stupid idea? I'd imagine there's a...
  5. T

First time VW Owner - Stage 3 IS38 - Austin TX

Sorry about your father, sounds like he had good taste in cars. Welcome 👍
  6. T

Brushless option...

Cliff notes, 600 bucks, with controller, flows 450 lph at 100 PSI, which I understand is the upper end of what's required pre HPFP. So, this should keep up with anything we can fit under the hood. If someone has a fuel pump basket they're not using, send it my way, and I'll throw down on this...
  7. T

1016 Mk 7 Stock Head U Amp Location

Damn I'll bet that sounds phenomenal.
  8. T

Autotech HPFP DIY/Tips

I wonder if it's the ethanol or if it has to do with the oil you're running. The HPFP is driven off the intake cam, isn't it? What parts specifically are we looking at in the photo? is the white residue on the fuel side or the side that would have contact with the engine oil?
  9. T

The Official Unofficial E85 Ethanol Thread

US model? I thought the ROW models got port injection.
  10. T

Upgraded turbo questions.

so I just noticed the "CJX cams", those are Golf R cams, right?
  11. T

Upgraded turbo questions.

I thought Cobb doesn't do flex fuel.
  12. T

Polk Audio DB6502 Component Install with Crossover - Front Door and Tweeter

I had 4x Kappa perfect 6.5 2 ways in my jeep, along with a JL 13TW5 and matching power. That thing railed man, I miss that truck. Once you get it all done I'd imagine you'll be pretty happy with those Kappas.
  13. T

1016 Mk 7 Stock Head U Amp Location

What components and DSP did you add in?
  14. T

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Ok, after a quick drive to the store, it's pretty noticeable how much less noise intrusion there is in the cabin. All noise, not just exhaust. Its no 5 series or S class, but for a little kraut cannon, it's pretty quiet inside now.
  15. T

I'd ballpark about 10-15lbs, I used 6 of 9 sheets in the 36 sq ft package, so 24 sq ft. Somewhere on this site I found a dropbox link to take the trunk apart, it was the service manual. The cargo tie downs have a triple square fastener you have to remove, and the seats have to come out too...
  16. T

Lined the rear with noico 80. Also, got my Majesty intercooler in the mail, and the flange to bolt on a G25-660.
  17. T

Hoon's DIYish Engine Build Thread

22 months for my motorcycle engine build. Bored 3mm over, carpenter head, cams, race cut box, rods, higher cr pistons. Got all pissed with the builder and then found out the machinist was fighting cancer. Anyway, the motor ended up being a fucking ripper. I hope yours is worth the wait 👍
  18. T

TDI Blow-Off (?)

I mean, you could, lmao. Turbosmart has a bov controller, it uses throttle voltage to pop the valve open, that may work.
  19. T

Aftermarket Turbo Options

If anyone's interested I can write up a build journal and snap some photos once we get started. Forum etiquette has changed though, and the shop building the setup isn't a vendor, so I don't really know what I'd be allowed to post.
  20. T

Aftermarket Turbo Options

Well, I ordered the adapter, we'll see what's up when it gets here.