GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. B

Post your Watch and GTI Pics!

Okay, help me out here, how does the app help? My watch is argon filled so I don't really want to service it myself.
  2. B

► Official APEX VW SM-10 Flow Formed Wheel Thread

I don't think anything material changed, but 17x9 with 255/40-17 RS4 on stock ride height and no rub here. I do need a more aggressive alignment. Oh, and I'm a professional crappy photo taker, soak it in.
  3. B

Important PSA regarding improperly built TPC20 Turbos

The added bonus that any time you bottom out, you're both saving weight and making it more difficult to ever remove your clamps.
  4. B

I agree, but it’s like a Viper, great for a friend to own, not something I want myself.
  5. B

Yeah, I don't really like the Radiomir strap loops, so a non guarded Luminor is where I seem to be landing. Also considering a GO 60's but it's dressier than I really want. A 43mm Big Pilot (medium pilot?) is also intriguing.
  6. B

Okay, came to my senses, ditching the Apple Watch (trying an Oura ring instead) and I've been wearing my neglected Sinn 856 UTC. It is keeping awful time, losing over an hour a day. RGM quoted a 6-8 month backlog for service, Sinn lists one to two months, so I guess it's getting a trip back to...
  7. B

Important PSA regarding improperly built TPC20 Turbos

I feel like buying one just out of spite. I wonder if I call and beg if they’ve still got one?
  8. B

Toyota GR Corolla Discussion

Honey, I know you wanted a 911, but I found you a Corolla instead!
  9. B

Harris Hill Raceway - TNIA 5/10 Rundown (grab a drink and let's get sloppy...)

I'm in the Westlake area, just a stock 23 R with 17x9 Apex VS-5RS and 255 RS4 tires. With this weather, the stock intercooler would be semi-okay, but my other issue is the stupid two left front rotors, folks seem to be having real issues tracking them, what a surprise. There are a few options...
  10. B

Harris Hill Raceway - TNIA 5/10 Rundown (grab a drink and let's get sloppy...)

I need to pay more attention to this and get down there. I also need an intercooler...
  11. B

Max summer/200TW tire discussion - fun data inside

Canyon and hill country roads. I’d imagine Tail of the Dragon would do it too.
  12. B

I've seen PS4S get destroyed on city roads, they hate heat.
  13. B

Vs STI

It’s cool that you have the two greatest cars of all time. I’m lucky to see such awesomeness.
  14. B

Vs STI

S2k and old Alfa GTVs are the only real exceptions. But most still sound better than V6’s.
  15. B

You're welcome to borrow mine for a day or two, leave me that GTO as collateral.
  16. B

My fat Mk8 R likes the RS4 quite a bit. My "winter" tires are the OE 240tw Goodyear Super Sports which are surprisingly good for an OE tire.
  17. B

Vs STI

The old MIlano/164 one almost sounded good. It's pretty to look at, but would still be better as a straight six. The new Ferrari based one doesn't really sound that good to my ears. I did forget about the new Nettuno in the Maserati MC20, that thing does sound pretty crazy, so there, two I...
  18. B

Vs STI

Nope, I actually hate supercharger whine, so that's a double no. Glue another motor in that kit car.
  19. B

Vs STI

I'll take a 4 banger sound over any V6 outside of the OG NSX.
  20. B

Vs STI

If by engaging you mean, it brings the 80s turbo lag and gives you time to read some Tolstoy before it hits, yes, very fun to drive.