GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. APEXWheels

Official APEX VW VS-5RS Forged 17" Wheel Thread

The 17" and 18" VS-5RS are very similar in terms of design philosophy and overall profile. The VS-5RS design family has a significantly deeper and narrower spoke style/shape compared to the flow formed SM-10, which is a result of a performance-optimized wheel design with high bending stiffness...
  2. APEXWheels

Quick edit here, as I misspoke in regards to the barrel design of the 18" VS-5RS. The 18x9" ET42 VS-5RS does NOT have a tapered barrel outside of the drop well, while the 18" SM-10s do have a tapered barrel design. That said, barrel clearance on the 18x9" ET42 VS-5RS should technically be better...
  3. APEXWheels

Its tough to say, as the 18" VS-5RS uses a hybrid barrel with a tapered inner diameter that has a slightly different design compared to the SM-10s. This is why certain caliper designs (and placement if a conversion bracket is used), can cause barrel interference issues even in situations where a...
  4. APEXWheels

We don't have any data on those brakes since its an OEM kit and we would need to physically scan them to test clearances. Unfortunately, we haven't found any cars running those brakes local to our office. That said, we have tested the new 18x9" ET42 VS-5RS to clear the Brembo 4-pot 365x29mm...
  5. APEXWheels

Actually, yes! We were able to make a few spoke changes to the 18x9" ET42 VS-5RS to allow us to clear the main VW BBKs to make production worth while. While brake clearance won't be as great as we initially wanted (i.e it can't clear the 8-pot RS3/TTRS brakes like the 18x9" ET42 SM-10 can), it...
  6. APEXWheels

APEX | Tax Season Sale: Up to 20% off + Free Shipping* on our most popular designs.

Less than 48 hours remain for our Tax-Season Sale! If you are looking to get some new wheels for the upcoming driving season, now is your best opportunity to secure a set at an incredible discount with free shipping! MK7 GTI W/ Macan front brakes sitting on a set of 17x9" ET42 Anthracite SM-10s...
  7. APEXWheels

APEX | Tax Season Sale: Up to 20% off + Free Shipping* on our most popular designs.

Our 2023 Tax Season Sale Has Officially Started! Put that refund to work with our Tax Season Sale ongoing now. Save up to 25% off + Free Shipping* on a huge variety of in-stock fitments. Shop Now Shop Now Ready To Ship The majority of these wheels are in stock and ready to...
  8. APEXWheels

► Official APEX VW SM-10 Flow Formed Wheel Thread

Hey all, Just as a heads up, we just launched our Spring/Tax Season sale, which is offering up to 25% plus free shipping off a vast majority of our Flow Formed wheels, including the VW/Audi spec SM-10s. This year, we decided to do a traditional retail sale for our Flow Formed wheels, rather...
  9. APEXWheels

Check your PM for more details regarding your request! If you can get at least 10 or more people to commit to buying a set, we might be able to work something out. -Geirsen
  10. APEXWheels

GTI PP 340mm front brake conversion on a 4Motion GSW.

Thank you all for the insight, very helpful in clearing things up! Would you say there is any particular benefit with running the GTI knuckles? I might be able to get a set of take-offs for free but if they aren't required for the brake swap and there aren't any added benefits, I likely won't...
  11. APEXWheels

GTI PP 340mm front brake conversion on a 4Motion GSW.

Hey all, I spend most of my time here answering questions and providing recommendations for wheel and tire fitments, so I was hoping to cash-in on some of that good karma to potentially get some help and insight to a few questions of my own. The topic in question is brakes. More specifically...
  12. APEXWheels

As previously mentioned, our wheels do not come with any valve stems but we do offer color matched metal stems for $10 a piece on the website. Otherwise, you can just use the standard universal valve stems that your tire shop will provide during mounting/balancing. Either will work just fine...
  13. APEXWheels

Totally hear you guys. The initial launch fitment for this new design was specifically designed for the TTRS/RS3 chassis, and while it can technically work on the VW side of things, it really isn't an ideal fitment for the R/GTI (unless you're running fender flares or have a dedicated race car)...
  14. APEXWheels

They may or may not be available in Motorsport Gold. That's all I can say until the official launch.;) -Geirsen
  15. APEXWheels

Perfect timing lads, check out the post above for a teaser of the upcoming new Sprint Line Forged wheel! For the VW market, I have good news and bad news regarding the launch of this new wheel. The bad news is, we won't have an 18x9" ET42 available initially, as we are still working on getting...
  16. APEXWheels

A new Sprint™ Line design is coming soon. Exciting news - the next member of our Forged Sprint line family is on the way! Sign up at the link below to be the first to know about fitments, finishes, and Group Buy discounts. Upcoming APEX Forged Sprint Line Design
  17. APEXWheels

A new Sprint™ Line design is coming soon. Exciting news - the next member of our Forged Sprint line family is on the way! Sign up at the link below to be the first to know about fitments, finishes, and Group Buy discounts. Upcoming APEX Forged Sprint Line Design
  18. APEXWheels

Looking good! Have any more pics of the car you could share? Thanks ya'll, looking forward to tackling this job soon! -Geirsen
  19. APEXWheels

Hey all, hijacking the thread with an off-topic question real quick! I just got a set of take-off GTI front calipers from a coworker and I was planning to install them with new rotors, pads, and lines on my Sportwagen. For those of you who have done this before, do ya'll have any good DIY...
  20. APEXWheels

Looking good! A set of red center caps would really make the wheels pop a lot more on that car. Its hard to tell from the pictures but what Contis did you end up going with? I assume they are 255/40-17? -Geirsen