GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Search results

1. T

Burger Tuning JB4 Golf 1.8TSI MQB specific information thread

Definitely. Not one of those lousy graphs
  2. T

I'm not even attempting to read that. Haha. Shut off the auto logging. Manually start it and stop it. Start below 3,000, 2,500 if possible, in third gear. Go all the way to 6,000+ and shift into fourth. Stay in it for a few seconds if you can. That log will tell everything we need to see
  3. T

Big(er) turbos and the 1.8

That's a decent amount more. Should definitely help deliver more torque down low.
  4. T

Probably not going to get a lot with 91 and a stock downpipe. Probably about 17 psi peak target from 4,500-5,000. Work your way up to that in half psi increments and then taper down the same. Set boost safety to 20. FOL to 60 to start
  5. T

So you know what the specs are for any of the cams? Is it different than the 1.8?
  6. T

Maybe I'll bug him some too. Lol. Let's get an answer on it. If so, it would help with any low end spool issues on the bigger turbos and could just make the 1.8 all around more fun with even is20 and is38
  7. T

It's an older one. I just happened to have a bunch stored on my device. I can email it to you if you want. Juat message me with your email
  8. T

The firmware doesn't work as well. Honestly, none of the firmwares past 7 have worked well. Then 7 I had seperate issues with. Whenever I would shit off the car for a few minutes and then restart, the jb4 would stop working. I would have to shut it off for like 15-20 minutes to get it to work...
  9. T

Do you know for sure that the gli cam has more lift? I've never been able to find the specs for the cams for any of the engines
  10. T

Crxgator ran a DBV2 on his 1.8 alltrack like a year ago. So you wont be the first. I know he had a really hard rim with it spooling on the 1.8. I think they were suspecting that the no vvtl on the exhaust cam was the issue. Maybe a more aggressive lift on the exhaust cam could help. It's been...
  11. T

Unitronic Stage 2 IS20 complete

Here is an all stock sportwagen on jb4 map 6 and 93. I know not necessarily stock, but it is following the stock timing curve. So I would imagine with less boost, there would be zero corrections on 93. Timing advance is healthy...
  12. T

New Official MK7 Golf/GTI 1/4 Thread

You really just need slicks. I helped my friend set up his gti. He was a full weight 4dr dsg SEL and he weighed 240. He went 13.3@110 with a 2.37 60'. So slicks would put him in the high 12's easily. Any sort of weight reduction would be mid 12's no problem. An S with a 180lb driver could do it...
  13. T

Because it doesn't log nearly enough and someone will pay you $300 plus for one. The jb4 can only log afr base of a lambda value, so it is not an actual afr. Then it only really can tell timing and knock. There is nothing with injectors or fuel pumps. The trims only tell info with straight jb4...
  14. T

@8055WAGEN when was the last time you updated the Uni file for your tune? Are you still on the original one? I know Tigeo updates his recently and I think Uni has found more power. His car is quicker than any of the cars I've seen on the older files. I would start there and see
  15. T

IS20 Instalation Guide (1.8t)

I still have mine sitting in a box. The DV and actuator can be used on the is20, so it is good to keep around for those parts
  16. T

Some randomly hard shifts in my wife's TSI 6 speed auto

So here it is. It's not just on the newer models. There is an adjuster screw. Not actually onnthe solenoid, but it controls the spring pressure on the solenoid https://www.sonnax.com/tech_resources/332-adjusting-clutch-control-valves-on-aisin-fwd-6-speeds
  17. T

Those are all for the older and problematic 09g. They revised the valve body on models post 13 or 14. I know all mk7 models have the new 09g.the older one had contant valve body issues. The solenoids are now smaller diameter and have adjustments. I'll find a link
  18. T

It is a torque converter automatic and it 100% uses solenoids. It's all based on fluid control and pressure. There are adjustment screws for each solenoid. Turn one way get more slip on the shift. Turn the other way and it is hard banging shifts. So there is a sweet spot in the middle
  19. T

Sound of high flow cat vs catless

Catless will definitely be louder with your catback. The catted will mellow and soften the sound a little more. Plus it wont smell. Since you already have a catback, I would do the catted
  20. T

Yesterday's were about a 20 degree rise. Went from 49 to 69 on one and 51 to 71 on another. So in the summer it will be bad. Intercooler is definitely needed.