GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Search results

1. B

Mk8 GTI to be revealed in March

Hope it looks better in person. I know it's fashionable to say we don't like the new model but it's hideous in photos in my opinion.
  2. B

Discuss: 7-speed DSG in 2019-2020 MK7.5 GTI

I have a lot of the same experiences but less gripes I guess. This is my second automatic (my other was a mk6 gti 6speed dsg) and it does feel like it shifts slower to me compared to the 6 speed. It's not terrible. If it bugs me more I guess I can tune the transmission. But that's something I'd...
  3. B

NKY members?

Just peeking in to say hi. I just picked up a 2019 GTI SE up in Columbus ... I am a serial car buyer/seller that is almost 40 yrs old with a 18 mo old son... HOPEFULLY ill keep this car till its paid off or at least until the warranty expires. Anyone else up this way? Im just south of Cincinnati.
  4. B

Bought a TCR Muffler for my US spec Mk7.5 GTI

Sounds like its being dropped shipped to themselves then prepped for international shipping at their own warehouse? I encountered something similar when buying headlights from cars245 for my Fiesta ST.
  5. B

Calculating current value and depreciation of my newish 17 SE vs a new 7.5/R

The one advantage of trading a car in is not waiting for someone to buy your car and you (depending on the state) receive a tax credit on the new car. Having said that, you usually come out ahead selling privately.
  6. B

Picking a wheel that will clear the brakes ('19 GTI)

Didnt even know this was a thing.. lol. Also havent had a car where the brakes are so big that going -1 is an issue. I may just get 18s for summer then and use OE for winter. Unless I get the runlites for winter.
  7. B

I see what you mean, to factor in the calipers having new pads / being expanded. Optimally I'd be able to get the wheels fairly soon and I only have 400 miles on the car so far.
  8. B

Not sure I really understand the point of swapping pads every time I swap wheels.
  9. B

2016 GTI SE front brake job cost

I have to agree. I paid a shop to do the brakes on my s2000 and they had swapped the inner/outer pads around so that the contact wasnt being made on the rotor. IDK how they even managed to re-assemble the calipers with the pads backward (they had little notches that would cause them to not...
  10. B

That stung a little. lol kidding.. but I do like how the Dallas wheels look and I dont need two sets of wheels in 18" when 1. the tires cost more in 18 vs 17 sizes and 2. the larger sidewall on the 17s would help with absorbing / rolling over the ridiculous potholes around here in the winter...
  11. B

Those look pretty good. Holy hell theyre cheap. I was also looking at their Rennform wheels in 17x8 as well as Enkei Kojin.
  12. B

Which thread was it? Ive looked at a few and have an idea of what wheels I like but generally people are just posting pics and not saying if they are using spacers or not, etc.. But I'd like to stay away from spacers and have a hubcentric wheel also. But I am willing to get hub rings because I...
  13. B

So this is something Ive never had to consider before on a car. But I have been checking this site below while trying to shop for wheels: https://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=225&aspect=40&diameter=18&wheelwidth=7.5&offset=49&width2=225&aspect2=45&wheel_size=17&wheel_width=8&offset2=45...
  14. B

Android smart lock & my 2019 SE

Hmm also weird.. What phone do you have?
  15. B

I still prefer real engine/exhaust sounds. Make it quite or sporty but dont make it fake to make me feel like there is a sporty exhaust. Thats just silly. Mine is set to eco on custom so I dont hear much of it. I also havent gone full ham through the gears yet at 400 miles on the ODO.
  16. B

IMO I am not fond of a device vibrating my dash/windshield to simulate an exhaust note. Id prefer the kind that pumps noise into the cabin because thats easy to block off (Its also easy to unplug the soundaktor). And its worlds better than the one that pumps noise through the speakers. It'd be...
  17. B

FS in Central FL: '18 GTI SE OEM Dallas Wheels

And if anyone backs out I am interested if you decide to ship.. I can send you my zip code but I understand if you pick someone local. Good luck!
  18. B

Android smart lock & my 2019 SE

Android Smart Lock has never given me issues, even with my cheap as hell knock off airpods that I bought on AliExpress for $11. This also used to work flawlessly in my crapbox Fiesta ST (lol). But it wont work in my GTI. Let me reprase - it DOES work but every time I start my car it again...