GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. MSH

Mk7 Exhaust Tech. How to get the sound you want.

Mine wont be either and I’m moving shortly with used market finally softening. Issue is the f8x s55 motor exhaust note is the Mqb 4 equivalent in a 6.
  2. MSH

First Time Doing a Compression Test: How?

Hey all bringing back this old thread for quick question on compression test when running mpi with a pm4. I assume I can just pull the pm4 fuse I added near fuse block when I installed the pm4 and that should be sufficient for addressing the fueling piece for both di and mpi injectors for the test?
  3. MSH

APR vs EQT

pretty sure the guidance is to flash back to stock on either ECU or TCU other tuner tunes BEFORE you flash new EQT tune (or any other tune for that matter). With APR that kind of sucks cause as you are probably aware that will require a trip to your APR dealer.
  4. MSH

Metal oil pan

iABED pan? So it's taking 15-20 mins to get oil up to temp in winter? I still have mine sitting in the garage along with my APR catch can for over 1.5 yrs now. Laziness + BL revision PCV working ok and the potential winter hassle of running a catch can are my excuses on that front, but I really...
  5. MSH

What did you do to your mk7 today?

New SM10s with stretched 225 X-ices from old winters…
  6. MSH

This appears to be the culprit….
  7. MSH

I've been trying to chase down this noise (which is intermittent) along with what seems to be consistent rubbing which has increased cabin noise significantly. I have to assume it's all related but who knows. It does seem to get worse with aggressive driving (left hand turns) I found some spots...
  8. MSH

Haldex replacement

damn. that sucks. Sorry man...figured it was at least a shot.
  9. MSH

Haldex replacement

Are you getting massive wheel spin curiously? I had this issue and assumed my Haldex was toast. Tried the adaptation process and it completely solved my issue. Same thing was happening with another member on vwvortex so I chimed in with the instructions I followed with obd11 and it solved his...
  10. MSH

MK7 Confessions

Same. I have everything as well except stock Cadiz. “ Plan”is to return my R to stock as much as possible when the time comes to sell which was supposed to have happened already but with this insane market desired replacements are stupid $ I’m really dreading the return to stock though with the...
  11. MSH

200tw tires for Track use

Thx. should have ordered when I had the chance oh well
  12. MSH

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Nice! Looks like South Valley. The S3 wheels look good. I've seen some put the older gen 8V RS3 wheels on the R's, but I just don't like those wheels much. Probably the first thing I'd swap out if I ever pick a 8V RS3 up. Still working on my new winters (+ track day) set. First go ever at...
  13. MSH

for those of you that bought the RS4s from endurancetire.com is this new? When I spot checked a week or two ago to see shipping costs I don't remember seeing the SCCA Enduro race reg requirement?
  14. MSH

TVS dsg tune

I would reach out to Arnold at Pagparts. Pretty sure he is a TVS dealer. He is in Deer Park, NY. Don’t bother with the website it’s been down now for ages, but don’t let that scare you away. He’s one of the most experienced & knowledgeable for this platform…. (347) 248-5239 Edit…confirmed on...
  15. MSH

**SOLD** FS: Enkei TX5 Wheels 17x8 Platinum Gray (Denver, CO)

**SOLD** Selling this set of 17x8 Platinum Gray Enkei TX5s I received from the original owner of my Golf R that I bought in April 2019. These wheels were his winter set that came with Michelin X-ices that I removed to put on my new winter/track day set. I only mounted them up on my R once since...
  16. MSH

**SOLD** FS: Enkei TX5 Wheels 17x8 Platinum Gray

**SOLD** Selling this set of 17x8 Platinum Gray Enkei TX5s I received from the original owner of my Golf R that I bought in April 2019. These wheels were his winter set that came with Michelin X-ices that I removed to put on my new winter/track day set. I only mounted them up on my R once since...
  17. MSH

Thx for the heads up on this. I just picked up a set of SM10s this morning so already looking for track tires for next yr. A set of 255/40/17s is $664 shipped to Denver. I don’t think I can pass that up.
  18. MSH

► Official APEX VW SM-10 Flow Formed Wheel Thread

Thanks. I ended up ordering a set of 17x9s in bronze from BMP. They were the best deal with no shipping and no tax. I have my 19" RSe14s w/ PS4S's for my summer set. The SM10s will serve dual duty for me as a winter/track set. I understand not ideal on the winter side of the equation, but...
  19. MSH

what size wheel? curious if anyone has run a 225/45 on a 9" wheel?
  20. MSH

► Official APEX VW SM-10 Flow Formed Wheel Thread

With the sale going on I'm going to pull the trigger on a set on bronze SM10s to replace my Enkei 17x8 TX5 set with X-ice 225/45/17s I got from previous owner of my R. I'm wavering between the 17x8.5s and 17x9s. I'd prefer the 17x9's as this set is going to transition to a dual duty...