GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. 6

Driving on Bilstein B14/B16's in the North East

Cool, thanks for the visual. I think that's what I'm going to do with mine as well. Also, sweet wheels. Love the color combo with the body and wheels.
  2. 6

The Secret Santa 2022 Thread!

The hardest part about sending a 10mm socket as a gift is not losing it before you mail the package :D
  3. 6

@CaptainRatty what do you consider a "mild" drop? 1/2" from stock?
  4. 6

Nice! That looks great! My wife has a TDI....maybe she needs some of these, too... @nok513 - I have the advantage of my wife actually liking my car - so I got that going for me, which is nice.
  5. 6

Ah, Epic. Nothing escapes that place. Not even light. As for the roads, they can be pretty nasty in some spots. It freezes hard here for several months in the winter and we have ridiculous snowplow traffic. It's like they take it as a challenge to rip up the roads when they go out to clear snow...
  6. 6

Sorry for resurrecting a possibly dead thread, but I live in Wisconsin and am considering the same setup on my '16 GTI S. Did you ever end up going with the B16 setup?
  7. 6

Headlight Bucket Compatibility

I knew I would have to swap the housings. I was wondering if the plugs would fit, and if I'd need any software changes. It sounds like the housings will fit, but some coding changes will be needed. Thanks for your help. There wasn't any clear place where I could find that they'll physically fit...
  8. 6

Headlight Bucket Compatibility

Does anyone know of a chart where I can see which headlights are plug and play with a 2016 GTI S (halogen lights)? Is it possible to buy the stock HID lighting package (maybe from a wreck) and put it into my car? Feel free to direct me elsewhere. Searches didn't come up with much, but I'm...
  9. 6

2019 GTI vs 2019 Mazda 3

I drove a 2004 Mazda3 for nearly 180k miles. Granted, I had the S trim, which had a little more power and a manual transmission so it was more fun than the base model. That car was super fun, but I have no idea what the new ones are like. They got really ugly so I stopped paying attention. It...
  10. 6

Any wisconsin guys/gals here?

Hey! Sorry for posting on this old thread, but I’m near Madison and am always up for talking about cars. Especially these cars.
  11. 6

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Waze would be...spectacular. I'm an Apple user and I experience almost all of the exact same things you do. In lots of cases besides the navigation, I would generally prefer to use the Bluetooth connection. It just seems to work better, but obviously won't display anything on the screen. I try...
  12. 6

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

I'm pretty sure that sensor isn't based on weight, but electrical capacitance or some other kind of sensor that a briefcase won't trigger but a plugged-in cell phone (or other metallic object) might. So if you try hauling some pots and pans or a window air conditioner in the front seat, it may...