GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Search results

1. SAND MANS GTI7

Things I learned from performing my first ever oil change.

I find that oil & oil filter on the newer VAG group cars are very easy. As they can be done top side with an oil extractor and the filter is within easy reach. So satisfying to me and I know it is done correctly and that the correct oil is used. 508.00 0W20 for the 2019 GTI.
  2. SAND MANS GTI7

Things I learned from performing my first ever oil change.

MONSTA thank you for the heads up on the funnel. I just ordered one was looking for something like this as I do my own oil changes.
  3. SAND MANS GTI7

Radio problems

It's a UK thing jimlloyd40.
  4. SAND MANS GTI7

Can you tell if the turbo has been swapped from these pictures?

NEVER would I buy a car with mods. Probably abused. Nice hot air intake by the way.
  5. SAND MANS GTI7

FS: 502.00 oil

12 Liters of 5W40 oil for sale. PENTOSIN Pento High performance II. This is the last of my 502.00 stash as I now have a 2019 GTI that calls for 508.00 0W20. Asking $50.00 for the 12 Liters. Or will consider offers. Picked up in the Rockford IL. area. Email for more info
  6. SAND MANS GTI7

Official Silk Blue Metallic Golf Thread

Like the silk blue and wish I still had mine was a 2 door and kick myself for not keeping it even though I now own a 2019 GTI in deep iron blue.
  7. SAND MANS GTI7

Official Reflex Silver Metallic GTI / Golf Thread

Reflex silver one of the best colors that Volkswagen has ever offered and sure enough they discontinue it in North America.
  8. SAND MANS GTI7

0W-20 VW 508/508 oil analysis/comparison

The 2019 Rabbit has a plastic oil pan so no Fumoto valve. Top side works for me.
  9. SAND MANS GTI7

Failed Thermostat Housing/Coolant Loss Info Gathering

As long as VW has to pay less for the warranty $ than re-engineering the water pump thermostat housing it will be warranty repair. That is the way I see it.
  10. SAND MANS GTI7

Bought my first GTI today.

Welcome, Rigle enjoy the GTI. Sweet looking ride.
  11. SAND MANS GTI7

Show us your MK7

Sweet Golf Alltrak and the green goes well (y)
  12. SAND MANS GTI7

2019 GTI 6MT Stalling Issue

I'LL be sticking with the 0W20 unless official VW word changes need to protect my warranty. I do have 12L of 5W40 for sale on this sight.
  13. SAND MANS GTI7

FS: 12 Liters of 502.00 oil

I have 12 L of Pentosin 502.00 5W40 oil 502.00. Reason for sale I now have a 2019 GTI so 508.00 0W20. Asking $50.00 picked up only in rockford IL. PM for pick up info.
  14. SAND MANS GTI7

Hello all! Just joined this forum

Welcome and love the GTI in red. Happy Holidays and all that.
  15. SAND MANS GTI7

2019 GTI colors

Mine is Deep Iron Blue, and (y). But the MK7 golf/gtis look fine in any color. IWish VW USA would bring back Reflex Silver.
  16. SAND MANS GTI7

Comprehensive Golf MK8 Reviews & Discussions

Hopefully the hood cable breaking has been addressed with the MK8, my MK7 is good so far fingers crossed.
  17. SAND MANS GTI7

Side to side motion in new GTI

Shipping pucks still installed on an 11K car, sure hope not.
  18. SAND MANS GTI7

Oil Change Dilemma-Question(s)

As one that has managed to be way older than 65, happy for each day and driving one of the best cars ever built. My GTI 7.
  19. SAND MANS GTI7

As far as oil/oil filter changes. Been doing mine for years using an extractor. Very easy and...

As far as oil/oil filter changes. Been doing mine for years using an extractor. Very easy and clean. I do mine twice a year for piece of mind and don't care what others say. My local auto zone re-cycles the used oil. If you lived closer I'd be glad to do it for you.