GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Search results

1. anotero

Refilling The Cooling System

Has anyone drained and refilled the cooling system in the cozy setting of their own garage? What special tools are required to pull all the air out to prevent a subsequent air lock? Can any of the said tools be rented from AutoZone and the like?
  2. anotero

LCA Bushing Lifespan

What's a resonable lifespan for lower control bushings in our cars? How does a dry, hot climate affect them? What's the approximate mileage they absolutely should be changed at? (I know the last question sounds a bit ridiculous with its "approximate" and "absolute", but there's no better way to...
  3. anotero

Indy 500 Sidewall Stiffness

Since I'm seriously contemplating Indy 500 for my next set of tires, I am interested in how stiff the sidewall is. Below are photos depicting the sidewall distortion of the MPS A/S 3+ tires I currently run. Is the Indy sidewall more or less prone to distortion compared to the MPS A/S in the...
  4. anotero

FS: Aspherical Mirrors

I have a set of brand new aspherical mirrors I took off my power folding mirrors before installing them. I just use the aspherical mirrors I purchased long before getting the power folding mirrors. The mirrors are non-BMS. The driver side has the dotted line, the passenger one does not. Selling...
  5. anotero

Strut Tower Brace -- Opinions, Reviews?

Looking at this one: https://www.eurosportacc.com/products/18070-euro-sport-front-stress-bar-vw-mk7-mk7-5-gti-golf-golf-r Does anyone run a brace in general and have anything positive to say? Or are these a waste of money for an aggressively driven DD that sees some canyon runs?
  6. anotero

Vanity Mirror and Rear Cabin Lights not Working

Neither the vanity mirror lights nor the rear cabin lights work. I tried sliding the mirror covers, as well as manually turning rear cabin lights on and off. They also don't come on when the doors are open. I ran a scan and found no codes. They all just stopped working all of a sudden. Perhaps a...
  7. anotero

Pendulum Mount with Dogbone Insert -- Yay or Nay?

For robustness sake, should dogbone inserts be paired with an upgraded pendulum arms?
  8. anotero

Learning Korean

Can anyone recommend a good textbook to learn Korean? Beginner level.
  9. anotero

Turbo Blanket Smoke and Stench

Installed a Forge turbo blanket today. How long until it stops smoking and the stench goes away?
  10. anotero

Aftermarket Throttle Pipe?

Is it worth getting this? I have a very reserved take on all aftermarket piping. It's just a pipe, right? Or should I get one?
  11. anotero

Fuel Injector Cleaners

Doing an oil change soon, would like to clean fuel injectors as well. Please recommend a good injector cleaner. TIA PS I searched, but did not find a dedicated thread.
  12. anotero

Alarm Sensor Retrofit

Has anyone tried retrofitting the alarm sensor into their mk7? I took the roof console apart out of curiosity and discovered that my GTI is not equipped with an alarm system. I'm curious to learn if it can be installed.
  13. anotero

Lowered Alignment Spec Recommendations

Going in for an alignment this Friday. I'm lowered 1"-1.5". Should I go with stock alignment specs or ask for something else? If the latter, what specs? Alignment to be done at a dealership. Car used for dd, spirited driving, and canyon runs.
  14. anotero

YOHB? Hello Panda

Looks good. What springs are you on? :)
  15. anotero

PSA: Aftermarket DSG Steering Wheels and Wheel Trim Removal/Installation

DSG cars have paddles (of course). The paddle trim slides into the poly that wraps around the metal wheel core. However, the said trim is also fastened to the wheel with a single screw. To avoid breaking the paddle trim, remove the brushed aluminum trim first, exposing the paddle trim screws...
  16. anotero

Updated Ed's Reps?

Has anyone purchased Ed's reps (non-facelift mk7) recently? I got mine today and noticed what looks like a ballast and a canbus canceller boxes underneath both lights. Looks like they are for the Uu's. I don't remember having those on the earlier set I currently have. Do any of you have those...
  17. anotero

HID Kit Comparison -- for Replicas

Mine are getting dimmer, looking to replace. What are some good kits that can be used with Ed's reps?
  18. anotero

SOLD. Feeler: Ed's mk7 Replicas -- Uu uU

SOLD I have a set of Ed's mk7 GTI replicas (with red stripe). Got them from a fellow forumer. Had them for about 25k miles, had Lamin-X clear film installed a couple of days after installation. No stress cracks. There is a fly in the driver's side one, hasn't paid me a single penny for driving...
  19. anotero

FS: 10mm/20mm Wheel Spacers

I have a set of Modded Euros wheels spacers that I ran for about 100 mi before I decided to get new wheels. The set is a pair of 10mm and a pair of 20mm. All ball seat bolts of appropriate lengths are included (37mm and 47mm). I can also include some anti seize with the spacers. Retails for...
  20. anotero

Filler Foam for Dents

I have a dent in the passenger side rocker panel. Instead of getting Oettinger style sideskirts to cover it, I want to explore the option of using a foam that I can fill the dent with. Has anyone ever used this approach? Any recommendations are appreciated.