GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Search results

1. R

Clutchless ignition update: solved (maybe)

In a previous thread the possibility of starting the car without the clutch in by using magnets was being discussed. After a lot of experimentation, it seemed using an electromagnet would be impossible. They don't generate enough of a field to trick the clutch pedal sensors in that tiny spot...
  2. R

Anyone do 3d printing?

Im working on a mod that requires fabricating a small customized mounting piece. I don't know much about 3d printing yet in terms of if consumer level gear can make the shape I need and it not be prone to failing (some tight tolerances and slender sections that need to support a bit of weight)...
  3. R

Flywheel lock and rms install tools

Clutch started with the slippy slip today at almost exactly 50k miles. 10k of stage 1 and 3 weeks at stage 2. Ordered all the major parts already, now I'm down to the misc stuff. I'm doing the iabed rms while in there. For flywheel locking and rms install, are these what I need? Anyone use...
  4. R

smog rejected

Just took my year old car in for its first smog check. I got rejected on the following three things: obd fuel obd catalyst oxy snsr I've got Stage 1 and have done various vcds mods. I've used vcds to clear codes, but I could swear the last time I did it was at least 100 miles ago, if not way...
  5. R

Do I need a superpin? (vid)

Car has 45k on it. I did all the mods in my sig within 2 months of getting it (I'm second owner). I didn't notice much about the shifting before putting in the ssk. https://youtu.be/Pj3YHD-69Xw Watch the vid and notice the metallic clink noise when going into 3rd and especially when I vibrate...
  6. R

Rennline security breach.

I received a letter in the mail from Rennline industries (rennline.com) stating that their customer info, including credit card information has been found to have been compromised during certain time periods last year and this year. The letter went on to inform me to keep an eye out for...
  7. R

235 40 18 + springs + spacers?

Sometime pretty soon I'm going to ditch the all season junk my car came with for probably the pss. I know you can get a 235 on stock wheels, but I also have OE springs and 10/15mm spacers. Anyone have a combo like this using 235s? Will there be rubbing, even with the fender screw mod?
  8. R

What is the schmeg on my B pillar?

Photo shows it pretty clearly right above the flashlight reflection. No idea what it is. Almost looks like residue from a sticker that was on and peeled off. But there's nothing "there" in that no amount of cleaning does anything. Like the pillar has a clear surface over plastic and this crap...
  9. R

Maddening passenger side buzz - fixed w/pics (not fuel line)

I made a thread a couple of months back asking for ideas about this, where I described it thusly: "There is a faint but definitely noticable high frequency "buzz" sound coming *seemingly* from somewhere in the vacinity of between the passenger side door handle and B pillar. Very insect like...
  10. R

Should I fill my b pillar with foam?

So, I've had the same annoying buzz sound coming from (seemingly) somewhere in the area of the passenger B pillar for quite a while. It isn't a click or a rattle or anything like I've seen reported from others. It's an angry insect buzz.sound. It's worst at 3500+ rpm right as you lift off...
  11. R

Give me some likely suspects for this annoying noise

Symptoms: There is a faint but definitely noticable high frequency "buzz" sound coming *seemingly* from somewhere in the vacinity of between the passenger side door handle and B pillar. Very insect like frequency sound. It appears most strongly right at 3500 to 4500 rpm while accelerating...
  12. R

91 octane - is stage 1 power the ceiling?

Wasn't sure how exactly to phrase the subject. What I'm asking is, for someone who can only get 91 octane (and let's exclude using octane booster) is regular stage 1 pretty much it for power gains? Are there any reasonably easy hardware mods (aside from a different turbo) that are worth doing...
  13. R

Anyone lift the car with two ramps plus two stands?

I used to do this with my old e46. Drive the front up onto ramps, then use a jack under the rear diff to raise the whole rear and slide stands in. The vw of course has no rear diff, but I feel like it could be sorted out somehow to get the whole thing up. I only have one low profile jack...
  14. R

Anyone buy konis from NGpracing?

I've got some h&e sport springs on the way, they're going on my 2017 sport which has 40k miles. Normally, on a car with less miles I'd just put the springs on and go as long as possible on the stock struts and shocks then hopefully get a year/10k miles before going to aftermarket replacements...