GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. KyACRASH

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

+1 for the AAwireless unit. I've had it for a while now and it works great, no issues with bumps or disconnects, ever. Setup was easy and it connects in seconds every time. The manufacturer has pushed a couple OTA updates since I've had it, and I appreciate how simple that process is as well...
  2. KyACRASH

Not exactly. Pumps that sell E85 can actually be anything from E50-E85. You really should test it first using something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Boost-Monkey-85-Fuel-Test/dp/B08132XZBX/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=e85+tester&qid=1662868940&sr=8-4 Then knowing what percentage of ethanol you'll...
  3. KyACRASH

Interpretations aside, even running full E85 or a blend tune, an HPFP is all he needs.
  4. KyACRASH

sure, if we're talking upgrading the turbo then MPI and LPFP is the way if you want max performance. Way back when we started this argument friendly discussion (😝) the poster asked what is needed to run E30 on an IS20. the answer to that question is NOT MPI.
  5. KyACRASH

Autotech internals cost $350. PR's MPI kit costs $850, and typically people upgrade their LPFP when going MPI, which will cost another $1000+. HPFP is definitely not more expensive than MPI, ever. Agree with you that I would definitely recommend testing the ethanol content and using a sensor.
  6. KyACRASH

This is not true. MPI isn't required unless you have a hybrid turbo. On an IS20 you can safely run up to an E30 blend with no hardware fueling upgrades. Higher than E30 all the way up to full E85 you need an upgraded HPFP. Whatever the case, you need a proper tune. EQT (and others) have...
  7. KyACRASH

EQT typhoon dropped

what kind of storm is created when a typhoon intake is matched with a typhoon turbo??
  8. KyACRASH

Anyone install a Dieselgeek Superpin?

I think it's the most significant shifter mod you can do. Unless you prefer the loose/sloppy gearbox. This walkthrough is pretty helpful if you're concerned about removing the center console.
  9. KyACRASH

oh for sure. The only person who would pay that much would be some sort of rich collector. Way too expensive for most enthusiasts.
  10. KyACRASH

that silver car is one of the most famous MK4 R32 builds. full HPA build, in lots of magazines, only 5k miles, etc. It's a show car. MK4's with less than 100k miles can bring in anywhere from $20-$40k. Over 100k miles usually see between $15-$25k. All depending on condition, mods/unmodded...
  11. KyACRASH

Which tpye of silicone to use to fix broken hatch clip?

this is what I used for that same issue. any kind of automotive silicone should work fine. https://www.amazon.com/Amazing-GOOP-160012-Automotive-Adhesive/dp/B000CCID28
  12. KyACRASH

Official Reflex Silver Metallic GTI / Golf Thread

car looks good. who's your tuner?
  13. KyACRASH

Prefacelift GTI Headlight Recommendations

Osrams look waaay better than facelift lights, in my opinion.... If I didn't have LP on my pre-facelift car I would have gone the Osram route a long time ago. Much better quality than any "rep" headlight. I know that's not helpful to you OP, good luck in your search.
  14. KyACRASH

IE TrueFlex for MK7 GTI | Easy ethanol -flashing now!

true flex harness, upgraded HPFP, DSG tune, intercooler. When you buy IE's ECU tune it includes all octanes, including the flex fuel tune. their webpage spells it out pretty clearly, scroll to the bottom you'll see a "hardware guide" chart...
  15. KyACRASH

Mods to improve shifting?

the torque solution bushings are delrin, it's a hard composite. They will work just as well as the ECS or 034 bushings. I think it's been said, but the euro short shifter won't really give you the "bolt action rifle" notchiness. It has the same counterweight as the OEM arm, so will feel very...
  16. KyACRASH

What did you do to your mk7 today?

that white silver looks so much better than oryx or pure white (in my opinion, of course). I hope VW brings it back at some point for the MK8
  17. KyACRASH

AC radiator damage

you could always buy a new condenser, install is easy but you need a shop to drain and fill the system https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078Z2K6KL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  18. KyACRASH

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

never heard of it. what does it do that OBDeleven doesn't?
  19. KyACRASH

AWE Tuning Track vs Touring Exhaust? MK7.5 GTI

can't confirm, I only ever used it with an aftermarket downpipe. but I would imagine so. You could always start with the track exhaust then switch out the midpipe for a Baun pipe with the vibrant resonator installed.
  20. KyACRASH

AWE Tuning Track vs Touring Exhaust? MK7.5 GTI

I have the AWE touring and it is fine, but if I did it over again this is what I would do. Agreed with everyone else, track edition isn't super loud, but it does drone. also, for the record, I have never experienced the "awe sag", exhaust has been on for about 4 years.