GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Mooseman

Just to make us all jell.

I too was craving more power in the hatchback format. RS3 hatch is never coming here, so I went for he next best thing, a 2022 TTRS. I loved my Golf R, but this thing is at another level, even completely stock.
  2. Mooseman

245/40/18 tire frame clearance on golf R

I had this combination with 18x8 42 wheels and I had to do the fender screw mod to get it not to rub on big dips. I think that with the combination of wider wheel and higher offset that you should be fine.
  3. Mooseman

Norcal FS/FT/WTB Thread

Dropping my Cadiz to free. 3 hold air, 1 hit a pothole and doesn't anymore. First one to pick them up gets them, otherwise I'm just going to scrap them.
  4. Mooseman

Norcal FS/FT/WTB Thread

I've got a set of curb rashed cadiz wheels, one of them doesn't hold air, the other 3 are good and wrapped in DWS06 tires with maybe 30% life left. I've also got a spare tire donut, and a stock Mk7 Golf R intercooler that I took off my R. $50 for all of that stuff if you're willing to pick up...
  5. Mooseman

Is anyone running 9x19 et52 wheels

Stock on the R is 19x8.5 ET 52 so that should be close enough to what you're looking for.
  6. Mooseman

2017 Golf R Mods -

I have a COBB Accessport with EQT Stage 1 (91 & 93) tunes as well as EQT DSG tune loaded onto it if you're interested in saving a bit of money. I was previously on IE stage 1 91 + DSG before switching to EQT, and honestly, EQT is much better. The only reason I'm selling it is because I went...
  7. Mooseman

Thinking bout an Golf R -> RS3. Anyone do this?

USAA currently has 3.29% as their advertised rate. And even if it was better, I'm unfortunately not eligible since I'm a Canadian on a visa with no ties to the military. I have heard nothing but great things about them from my Ranger friends though, their mortgage terms were insane.
  8. Mooseman

Norcal FS/FT/WTB Thread

I've got an OEM mk7 Golf R intercooler. Had 034 install a Wagner unit in mine and they boxed up the oem one for me. First person that can do $50 and pick it up, it's yours. I've also got a COBB Accessport with EQT stage 1 91 octane, Stage 1 93 octane, and stage 1 DSG tunes for $850. I'll throw...
  9. Mooseman

I got 2.69 with my credit union and that was considered a really good rate.
  10. Mooseman

I mentioned it in a previous comment somewhere but basically I was told that the CEO Penske Automotive, the group that owned this particular dealership, mandated no markups about a month ago. I recommend looking up a dealership that's part of their group if you're after MSRP.
  11. Mooseman

It's funny, I was actually considering selling those wheels and getting the ZTF Forged 18" ones with some pilot sport 4 All seasons on.
  12. Mooseman

Yes to the PPF. I refused to drive it home Friday and took a loaner instead until it's applied, probably ready to pick up on Wednesday. And no to the markup. I paid MSRP (76k).
  13. Mooseman

It's the size of the turbo not necessarily the engine that determines lag. It goes GTI < R < RS3/TTRS In terms of increasing lag and top end power.
  14. Mooseman

Slightly more than EQT stage 1, less than stock or IE Stage 1.
  15. Mooseman

Stock IS38. I got the TTRS from Audi Steven's Creek. They told me that word came from the top of the Penske group that markups are no longer allowed. I would go through this and find a dealership that has what you want in stock https://www.penskeautomotive.com/locations/default.aspx There...
  16. Mooseman

Slightly more turbo lag than a stage 1 R, but it really pulls after. Seats area lot more comfortable and really grip you around corners. Overall I like it, though I need a few more weeks to form a proper opinion.
  17. Mooseman

I asked them not to install it but apparently they've started doing it at the port nowadays.
  18. Mooseman

Well, I said I would do it and I did it. The R is gone and the TT RS is here. Now it's just a matter of selling the accessport I just bought and the spare tire kit.
  19. Mooseman

Best Diagnostic Dealers in Sacramento, Central Valley, Bay Area

Advanced Autowerks in SF has been really good to me
  20. Mooseman

Well, I just put a deposit down on a 2022 TT RS, should be off the boat in a couple of weeks. Now I guess I gotta sell my Golf.