GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. tigeo

Mid Life GTI Journey

It's so fun - do it!
  2. tigeo

Mid Life GTI Journey

Also, there's this coming up. Lots of MK7s are going to be there. https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/tscc-december-to-virmember-hpde-virginia-international-raceway-tidewater-343533
  3. tigeo

Mid Life GTI Journey

Be happy to join in, did it earlier this year on my way to Alpine Volks Fair down in Helen, GA and grabbed 1/2 dozen runs on the ToTD on the way back. Back is a lot of fun but still think Tail is a better road/more fun drive and it's shorter - but I get the crowd issue. When I did Tail it was...
  4. tigeo

How to retro-fit the front subframe cover from the VW Tiguan (2016->)

So with the R, no issues on the gas tank covers etc.? The subframe cover looks good. I see you did the front LCA covers as well with the brake ducts! I have Superpro LCAs so not sure how that would work.
  5. tigeo

Pics or it didn't happen :ROFLMAO: Can you list what all you did?
  6. tigeo

I *think* my Atlas has the aluminum subframe (I'll check next time I change the oil) and so that long belly pan won't fit my wagon...it's not vented though and that's important to me like my full-length Jetta shield. Seems the subframe cover is a bit of a PITA to install and do it correctly...
  7. tigeo

Same full-length non-vented tray as my Atlas...
  8. tigeo

Do it all Sportwagen - street/hoon/track/drag you name it....this is the way...

To finish off my minor aero mods...I give you the short tunnel cover installed on my 2018 Golf Sportwagen w/4Motion and Tyrolsport deadset kit. I had to modify the cover as shown using a Dremel and abrasion disc to so that it would sit flush b/c of the deadset kit brackets that aren't stamped...
  9. tigeo

How to retro-fit skid trays, aerodynamic under trays, & stone guards to a MK7 Golf

Short tunnel cover installed on my 2018 Golf Sportwagen w/4Motion and Tyrolsport deadset kit. I had to modify the cover as shown using a Dremel and abrasion disc to so that it would sit flush b/c of the deadset kit brakets that aren't stamped with recessed portions for the tray to fit in with...
  10. tigeo

Audi club passing rules question

This is an interesting read even though it's an older post. I run with the Audi Club PC chapter at VIR since 2020. The turn signals make a whole lot more sense to me than arms out the windows. Can leave the windows up if you want. This thread is somewhat confusing as folks are talking about...
  11. tigeo

Do it all Sportwagen - street/hoon/track/drag you name it....this is the way...

Ok, ordered the rear MK8 LCA aero cover kit from NGP - 2 covers + 4 plastic push rivets....about $50 delivered from NGP. Total install time. 1 min. 0.0054 (repeating) increased mpgs + all the aero. https://store.ngpracing.com/vw-mk8-aero-covers-upgrade... For all your undercar aero research...
  12. tigeo

How to retro-fit skid trays, aerodynamic under trays, & stone guards to a MK7 Golf

Yes, they basically clip on by themselves so should be good. I'll be testing at 140mph in a few weeks on the track and let you know.
  13. tigeo

Ok, ordered the rear LCA aero cover kit from NGP - 2 covers + 4 plastic push rivets....about $50 delivered. I know I know...e-acca but I didn't feel like waiting and I like to toss some money this time of the year to the shops/vendors I like and NGP is one of them. Total install time. 1 min...
  14. tigeo

Need vehicle battery replacement recommendation

If you have stop/start, do yourself a favor and get an AGM. Just change it yourself...it's v. simple.
  15. tigeo

Why no engine torque damper for this platform?

I'd say the simple metal lower inserts are "close to stock" but once you do something that goes in both the upper/lower portions game on!
  16. tigeo

Why no engine torque damper for this platform?

As much as you want to say that you had "no NVH increase" that is not possible. Any mounts/dogbone bits have to increase it to some level...now it may not bother you, but filling voids in bushings/using firmer ones 100% increases it. I have mounts/full 034 dogbone kit and yeah, it has some NV...
  17. tigeo

200tw tires for Track use

I've heard those run pretty wide - what is your suspension setup/camber etc.?
  18. tigeo

200tw tires for Track use

Fender screw delete mod will be necessary but not sure on those tires...they all are a little different w/r to actual width.
  19. tigeo

Long Term Spark Plug Thoughts

New APR plugs still going strong and worked great for 2 days of full send track use....but then again so did Ruths and RS7s...
  20. tigeo

Unitronic IS38 Tune - not what I expected

Uni IS38 on my GSW and my buddy's daughter's runs their Stage 2 tune on her GTI and we had no issues sending it session after session at VIR a few weeks ago...they make solid reliable software but if dyno sheet Pokémon and roll racing IG posts are your thing then yeah...look elsewhere.