GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Search results

1. S

Talk me out of it...

This. I feel like the 2017 Sport, or a 2016 with PP and LP if you can find it, is the car to get. I had a 2016 SE with PP and LP and while i miss the leather and sunroof from time to time I don't miss wondering when the sunroof is gonna give out. My current 2016 with PP and LP fills the sweet...
  2. S

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

My wife got me a BFI shift knob for my birthday. Technically it came in the mail a few days ago but i got it this evening. Pretty nice little upgrade!
  3. S

Nc gti where are you at?

Anyone semi-local to Asheville have factory Monster Mats you are looking to sell?
  4. S

MK7 owners in the S.C. upstate ?

Anyone semi-local to Asheville have factory Monster Mats you are looking to sell?
  5. S

DCC Opinions?

I had a 2016 SE and currently own a 2016 S. Both cars had/have PP but the SE had DCC. I really liked it as well. I could put it in Comfort and cruise the interstate, or really stiffen it up in Sport mode. I was lowered on VWR springs with it and never had an issue in 65K miles. Replacement cost...
  6. S

All season vs Summer tires in ATL GA

Just up the mountain here in Asheville. I was running General G-Max AS on my last GTI and loved them. Less expensive than Michelin and Conti, great in the rain, and better than expected dry grip. They don't have the treadwear rating that Mich. or Conti has but it's close and they are...
  7. S

Tires for GTI MK7

When I sold my previous GTI I had the newer General G-Max AS-05 all seasons and was very happy with them. Lots of grip for an all season and great in the rain. Their summer tire, the G-Max RS, is also highly rated although I don't see them too much on this forum. I'll go with those on my soon to...
  8. S

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

A bunch of parts for a car I don't have yet. Picking up my new to me GTI on Friday. In anticipation, this week I've received a Tork Lift Eco hitch, Lamin-X headlight covers, some short 90 degree bend iphone cables, and a Rightcar Solutions silicone license plate cover. Still en route are OEM...
  9. S

F.S. GTI Black Mirror Caps

Pics? $50 shipped to 28806?
  10. S

For the black mirror caps, would you do $50 shipped to 28806?

For the black mirror caps, would you do $50 shipped to 28806?
  11. S

Want, no need, to get back in the game

Exactly. My last car was bone stock mechanically. The urge for APR or otherwise (JB4, NSP, etc) is strong though.
  12. S

Thanks for the heads up on the car in RI. Turns out it has an APR stage 1 tune and a DKM single mass flywheel clutch on it as well. I wasn't super excited about the clutch and then the car i ended up buying popped up. Still, heck of a deal on it.
  13. S

The search is over! My personal unicorn car popped up today and I pulled the trigger. 2016 S, 6sp, 67K, Pure White, PP, LP, Plaid interior. I believe this is the same spec as the 2017 Sport without Kessy? One owner, ordered it from the factory to get that spec, super OCD about maintenance and...
  14. S

True. For better or worse it's one of the biggest problems I have with the '15. I loved it in my 2016 but the MIBii was so quirky sometimes that i would just turn it off. Still, it's much easier on my 45 year old eyes to follow Google Maps on the infotainment instead of my phone. Emailed the...
  15. S

Nice! I'll probably email the seller. Currently talking to a guy with a 2015 SE, 48K miles, former CPO car, $13.5 OBO. Worried a little about the turbo issue so he's checking revisions.
  16. S

More like, it's good and reliable past 150K. With the exception of my former GTI and current Sportwagen, I kept my last 3 cars past 200K. 1995 Golf sport sold at 204K, 2000 Frontier sold at 202K, 2008 Honda Fit sold at 203K. The Fit is the best car I have ever owned. It was insane reliable but...
  17. S

Yeah, a little bit. I don't really know much about them and don't have a ton of time to educate myself on common problems, etc. A friend has one and loves it, just not sure it's something I want to keep for 5+ years. Thoughts?
  18. S

Ahh, tempting, but i gotta have MT!
  19. S

I get what you're saying, but just because I'm shopping used GTI's in the $12K price range doesn't mean they are junk. You don't have to spend $17K to get a nice used car.
  20. S

That would be ideal but i don't want a payment. I found an excellent car in LA. Hoping to buy it!