GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. StealthGTI

Sub-to-Dub's 2017 GTI Sport

@swcrow I hesitate to thread-jack here. But, after ensuring that the OP's name is not also Scott, :ROFLMAO: I'll answer your question. I'm not sure what you know about my car's progress. I went from stock to Baun's standard (original?) Less Agressive exhaust. Later, I tested his very first...
  2. StealthGTI

What did you do to your mk7 today?

HAHA! Richmond seems to be the way out of here! I'll be passing through again on September 10th as I continue to Louisa for some ham radio stuff.
  3. StealthGTI

I took an 1100-mile road trip over a long weekend... Tail of the Dragon... Fontana Dam... Eurofest Maggie Valley, NC... The forecast called for thunderstorms over the weekend, but it was beautiful the entire time, perhaps even a bit on the warm side. I even got my first...
  4. StealthGTI

Helix harness part #?

I just looked at that Aliexpress link because someone sent me an e-mail about this same topic. The link is dead already. Companies in there pop-up and dry-up faster than a link can be useful.
  5. StealthGTI

Hello, I took mine on a road trip to the mountains in West Virginia and participated in a ham radio activity called Parks on the Air. Some of the parks are slightly remote. Two of the double-track roads denied my passage... "You shall not pass!" Just about anything larger would have...
  6. StealthGTI

Creaking While Steering

Thanks for sharing that video! I've known about the presence of strut mount/bearings (vice just "mounts") for over 20 years, but didn't truly understand what they where doing until I saw this. I appreciate the education.
  7. StealthGTI

It depends... If you're already coming here to see Jamestown or Yorktown, then sure, take a drive. But this road is not some twisty joyride type of road that's worth a visit just for the drive. I drive it almost every day because it's close by and relatively peaceful unless an aggressive...
  8. StealthGTI

HAHA! These comments just get better and better! Thanks for the laughs! Ironically, I was legally parked along the Colonial National Historic Parkway the day after my Starbucks incident and was approached by a passing Park Ranger. He stopped, no lights or anything, just to see what I was...
  9. StealthGTI

Sub-to-Dub's 2017 GTI Sport

Hello, Not sure if you're looking for the full felt cover or just something to cover the top. I went with this knock-off from AliExpress: Ignore the circuit breaker and you'll get the idea. It snaps on top and is a perfect fit for an H6 battery. I'm not fond of AliExpress, but this is a...
  10. StealthGTI

HAHA! That's all funny stuff! :ROFLMAO: That looks really good! However, I already have two 4-port USB hubs connected that barely support what I have going on as it is. They're somewhat visible in this photo... I'll take better photos when I've finished a few details. I'll consider the...
  11. StealthGTI

I finished the "front end" of my FT-857D installation. Here's a "kitchen sink" photo with almost everything: This photo shows an additional monitor and my "dual-FT8" setup. I still need to find a home for my antenna rotator controller. I still have plenty of time before September's VHF contest.
  12. StealthGTI

Helix + Rockford Fosgate + Ham Radio

I finished the "front end" of my FT-857D installation. Here's a "kitchen sink" photo with almost everything: This photo shows an additional monitor and my "dual-FT8" setup. I still need to find a home for my antenna rotator controller. I still have plenty of time before September's VHF contest.
  13. StealthGTI

Creaking doors? Mystery solved

My door creaking turned out to be the need to tighten this M10 triple square door stop bolt... A little thread lock will keep it snug. I've never lubricated or treated my door seals in five years and 160,000+ miles. Tightening this bolt solved everything. YMMV. Good Luck!
  14. StealthGTI

R2D2

AH, after reading "R2D2," I thought it might have bright blue hashed stripes, just like R2D2. A goal, I guess! ;) Nice ride!
  15. StealthGTI

HAHA! Thanks! I'm not a MARS operator... just a general ol' ham. ;) Funny, but almost accurate. I have more coming. It's about to get nuts on my rooftop. :oops: I'll invite them to orbit and watch the drama from an entertaining distance. :coffee: <<< No popcorn emoji; so, this will have to...
  16. StealthGTI

Helix + Rockford Fosgate + Ham Radio

I've decided to dive into VHF contesting. As such, I've returned my old FT-857D to the car and now have five transceivers available for use. The best performance in these events is usually had by those working with horizontally polarized antennas. So, I've added one for each of the two bands...
  17. StealthGTI

Help me decide - Mk7 8" vs 8" glass display

I have the AAWireless by Indiegogo. The module is small and tucks nicely in the center cubby... I like it a lot. Every now and then it takes over a few phone functions and behaves a bit oddly. I think it usually happens after I've changed some settings in my phone. Short of that, it loads...
  18. StealthGTI

I was awakened by a pet-related disturbance in the house. Couldn't go back to sleep; so, I went out for a sunrise photo with my new antenna setup... This isn't a full-time setup... probably just weekend use only. For now, I'm road testing it for noise and performance.
  19. StealthGTI

Disable 'engine is running' beep

Never wake a sleeping child... because then they'll be awake. HAHA! At least the message doesn't say "Try to put something important in your back seat..." ;) Yesterday, someone told me that his new truck has a sensor to let him know if something is in the back seat. It drives him nuts because...
  20. StealthGTI

State of the Forum..

Thanks! I know hams don't come here to find ham content, but I know there are some here who may appreciate seeing it, even if they'd never do it to their cars. I have a new photo to share after I'm done catching up with other content. I'll share in the "What did you do" thread and my own...