GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. oddspyke

CSB 2: Forum Celebrates National Taco Day

CSB: Went to a big family dinner at a fancy restaurant. My brother in law, who was like 12 at the time, was quietly eating at the corner of the table. When the waiter stopped by to check on us, he decided to ask him "these cheese slices are delicious, what kind is it?" to which the waiter...
  2. oddspyke

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

I think APR also specifically called out that their open intake was recommended, not the closed intake. Their closed intake doesn't actually flow much better than stock, at least according to that guy that flow tested a bunch of intakes APR Intake Flow Test
  3. oddspyke

Does she have her own recipe for it? I really like my wife's recipe, but we also keep a few cans of skyline around for emergency use.
  4. oddspyke

5 WAY. frigging amateur over here...
  5. oddspyke

It's actually really generous if you: A. Never made much money B. Have a spouse that made a lot of money for a lot of years Either way, congrats and enjoy it.
  6. oddspyke

Thanks both, article was really helpful. I think my best route might be to use my desktop/iMac as my primary with a G drive set up for time machine as the backup. I have about 1TB free on the iMac and only need 150gb or so in the short term, so that's probably fine. I'll need to upgrade my...
  7. oddspyke

Ok, I need one of you computer nerds to point me in the right direction here. Looking for a Mac compatible external hard drive solution. Will be used almost exclusively for kids photos and videos to get them off my ever more expensive cloud storage and I won't be regularly accessing the files. I...
  8. oddspyke

Did you decide on keeping vs selling that thing yet? I vote keep. The convertible life beckons...
  9. oddspyke

They made cards for everything in the 80's
  10. oddspyke

Well if you all thought pogs were a throwback... I present, from deep in the box of crap in my parents basement, a box full of original TMNT cards circa 1989, in surprisingly good condition:
  11. oddspyke

I hate people…

I'm not fat, I'm pleasantly plump
  12. oddspyke

If the party has been going for 10 years, it has to be lit
  13. oddspyke

Dogs

My poor dogs won't touch any toys. When they were puppies, our older dog was an a-hole and wouldn't let them touch them. He passed 4 years ago, but they still look worried whenever you try to give them a toy. He trained them well I guess.
  14. oddspyke

Dogs

Amstaff doing nanny dog stuff. I'm always amazed at just how patient he is with kids.
  15. oddspyke

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Assuming you want to maintain the DMF and are staying at stage 1, the options you listed are good and basically the same thing. There's also a Sachs kit that's similar holding power. I went with the Sachs kit because it was the only option of the three available through FCP euro, so free...
  16. oddspyke

I'm not some doomsday prepper or anything, but one of my criteria for home purchase was "must be at least 25ft above sea level". So even if it didn't have the same climate as Satan's asshole, most of Florida would be out for me.
  17. oddspyke

Jalapenos on the other hand, totally fertilized, so that is an aborted plant when you eat it. Even includes a placenta!
  18. oddspyke

Acadia Finishes Carbon Cleaning, Car Doesn't Explode And Runs Normally

Your best bet would be finding someone who has a JB4 on it and is willing to disclose that, way less likely that it was tuned that way. I wouldn't be as pessimistic about finding an unmodified R, I think they get left stock a lot more than GTIs.
  19. oddspyke

I hate Doug Demuro, but damnit if I didn't get sucked into his stupid auction site at lunch today. There was a slightly worse for the wear red prelude on there that caught my eye.
  20. oddspyke

Not aborted, those eggs are never fertilized. You're just eating the chicken's period, which probably doesn't sound much better.