GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. 6

Tire pressure sensors

Thanks. Yes mine as a 2016 does not indicate which wheel. No false warnings for a week now. I will have the ABS sensors checked at next tire rotation
  2. 6

Mystery hook in rear hatch area

Re 2016 GTI Looked through the owners manual and did not see any information. What are these hooks for in the hatch area. These are NOT for the privacy cover
  3. 6

Tire pressure sensors

Read the manual and it seems I am doing everything correctly. No indication that the unit displays the questionable tire it does say that if the system is malfunctioning that the TPMS indicator flashes for 70 sec back to my original question is a false signal a common problem with my model
  4. 6

Tire pressure sensors

Hard to believe VW would use 2 different systems. How does it display the questionable tire?
  5. 6

Tire pressure sensors

Yes I reset the system after confirming all tires are equal. I also bought a tire pressure gauge. My Acura tells me the pressure in each tire to determine the questionable tire. Kind of a nuisance to check all 4 tires to look for the culprit. I have been giving it a quick visual check to look...
  6. 6

Tire pressure sensors

I have had my 2016 GTI SE about a month now. Twice I have received a tire pressure warning but no tires are low on pressure I understand these are NOT direct reading sensors but use rotation speed as the technology. There are no sensors to replace. there does not seem to be a way to...
  7. 6

Would like to raise the back of the driver's seat

Did this on my daughters Jeep. Get Grade 8 bolts for safety. Wouldn’t want the bolts to snap during accident
  8. 6

wheel offset question

So if my offsets are approx equal the back of my 8” rim is approx 1/4” closer to the suspension than OEM 7.5” rim and the street side is approx 1/4” wider Are you saying I will need 1/4” spacers to move the wheel street side?
  9. 6

wheel offset question

Re 2016 GTI SE with performance pack. (larger calipers?) stock wheel and tire are 225 40 ZR 18 wheels are 18 x 7.5 x ? offset If I install 18 x 8 x +45MM wheels ( Enkei EMK3) will these move the tire outboard more?
  10. 6

Rear license plate

Good tip. Ditched the self tapping #8 screws and added well nuts and machine screws
  11. 6

Rear license plate

Added a rear license plate frame to my newly acquired Mk7 Noticed it just uses 2 self tapping screws thru the plastic bumper. How cheap is that. You would have thought VW would have put some threaded inserts here for a more durable attachment
  12. 6

GTI website

Well I have had my 2016 GTI SE about 2 weeks now. Having lots of fun with it Can someone recommend a website where I can buy parts and accessories?
  13. 6

Console door issue

Well I finally got it fixed. Finally got the 2 electrical connectors removed. Door didn't fit the day I bought it about 10 days ago. Turned out to be a combination of broken tab on bottom and spring mechanism on passenger side. Plastic Tab was bent but there so I strengthened with super glue...
  14. 6

Console door issue

So I have got the door loose but I'll be damned if I can figure out how to disconnect the 2 electrical connectors on the back. One for USB and one for speaker jack. I am sure there is a locking pin to press or something but I cannot find it. I don't want to brute force pull it or I will be sure...
  15. 6

Console door issue

What is a SuperPin? I guess I will try to snap it back into place, hopefully not breaking it
  16. 6

Console door issue

Re 2016 Gti the console door that covers the USB port seems to be off the track. Nothing seems broken but the door closes roughly and won’t latch at the bottom. I can see it is not square in it’s opening. Any tips? Searched archives and only found issues with USB cable interfering Randy
  17. 6

Newbie purchase

Thanks to all who contributed. All good points I bought the car. Carfax, dealer service records back to purchase, etc tell me mileage is legit. Owner works from home so all consistent. VW inspection said no issues with car, Not a lemon recall. Checked water pump and sun roof drains all good...
  18. 6

what is this for?

Newly acquired 2016 GTI. Noticed this in the hatch cover. Looks like maybe a flashlight belongs here? No access to manual so don't know what it is.
  19. 6

Newbie purchase

all good points. Car has new Michelin pilots. Service records from VW dealer consistent with mileage. Recall on fuel tank issue. One owner. VW dealer ran vin #. My only concern is car stored outside 6 years in rainy Portland so I will ask on prepurchase to look for sign of leaks nothing...
  20. 6

Newbie purchase

Gentlemen First post here. Thinking of buying 2016 GTI SE with performance pack. Has 18000 miles 6 speed Prepurchase inspection at VW dealer tomorrow. What trouble areas should they look for?