GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. krs

Reaching operating oil temp before run?

Yeah I'll just idle my car for a few minutes, drive to grid, then let it idle until it comes to temp. Usually it doesn't take too long as it's not the first start of the day after a long night of sitting. What is cold in FL? This morning it was -8° F here...brrr.
  2. krs

How to retro-fit skid trays, aerodynamic under trays, & stone guards to a MK7 Golf

That's alright, others understood. Of course heat is inevitable with any car, I don't live under a rock. A change of 3° - 6° really is negligible. Now a change of 15°- 20° on average would not be worth the addition of the skidplate, for me. If it means I need to open my hood more between runs...
  3. krs

MK7 Confessions

Yeah, sweaty balls are no good. You could try some gold bond.
  4. krs

MK7 Confessions

Dumb.
  5. krs

MK7 Confessions

2 x 4 method is so much easier on jackstands. I tried the "correct" method and wasted so much time.
  6. krs

What did you do to your mk7 today?

I decided not to drive my car in the sloppy weather, but did pass this MK8 getting violated on the back of the trailer.
  7. krs

Interior rattle - help!!!

When it's below freezing, my interior creaks seem to be a little more noticeable as well. Seems you figured out the hard part, which was locating the actual rattle. You could try picking up some electrical or felt tape, and add some underneath there to try and silence it.
  8. krs

Alignment & Sensors on '18 Golf R?

The first time the fault code surfaced on my car, about a year ago, I was able to clear it with OBDeleven. The second time I couldn't. Might be worth a shot there if you have it, or someone you know does. Otherwise call around.
  9. krs

Alignment & Sensors on '18 Golf R?

Ouch, that's a lot. Mine was $215 which I was okay with. If they said $700 I would have told them to pound sand. Granted that's redneck Idaho, but I would have called elsewhere and asked around.
  10. krs

How to retro-fit skid trays, aerodynamic under trays, & stone guards to a MK7 Golf

This seems to be the only post I can find referencing a tune and additional heat. My question is has anyone else noticed any negative heat effects, in hotter climates, with tuned cars? Also not detract from this thread, but it looks like the Alltrack skid tray fits as well (only looked US spec...
  11. krs

FS: KW V2 Coilovers MK7GTI with DCC

Do you mean with the DCC cancellers? Because those aren't DCC shocks/struts.
  12. krs

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

There's plenty in life to be worried about. But without knowing anything else about your car, with those numbers alone, I wouldn't be worried.
  13. krs

MK7 Confessions

Learning moment, probably won't ever do that again.
  14. krs

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

This is it exactly.
  15. krs

What did you do to your mk7 today?

I can’t wait for 40°’s.
  16. krs

20k Service - Service Tech didn't rotate tires because they were all wearing evenly. Does this make sense or is this pure laziness?

My wheels are stored, or I’d grab a picture. But anywhere on this surface is where I do it, depending on the wheel design. If you don’t have number punches, but have a center punch, you could just use dots, 1 - 4 of them. Works just as well. Works for me, some people might balk at it, but it...
  17. krs

20k Service - Service Tech didn't rotate tires because they were all wearing evenly. Does this make sense or is this pure laziness?

I put a metal punch stamp on the back surface that faces the hub, therefore I know where they go. I'd then refer to my notes to see which wheel came off which hub, and then rotate. 🤷‍♂️
  18. krs

ECS rear stress bar = moar harsh?

I really liked the Racingline just for the asthetics, but couldn't feel comfortable paying the price point for it over the eurosport. I just went with the eurocode lower, but to the OP, yes with more chassis reinforcement comes more rigid handling, isn't that what you were after?