GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Fraysa

PDC Retrofit Question

So a small update: I received the PDC brackets. As mentioned before, the PLA genuine ones are 27mm and facing at a slightly angle. This means I'll have to expand my current two side holes from 18mm to 27mm. Tomorrow I'll be going to a body workshop to get the two PLA brackets and 6 genuine...
  2. Fraysa

PDC Retrofit Question

@Cuzoe no reply yet? :( A small update: I received the genuine sensors just after a few days of ordering them. They are genuine German Valeo. I'm about to receive the genuine PDC brackets, and in the next week I'm supposed to receive the genuine harness. I'll post updates soon.
  3. Fraysa

PDC Retrofit Question

Thank you for this. I ordered the genuine harness, as well as 6 genuine sensors and brackets. This cost me around 140$ in total, but I believe it’ll be worth it to do it once and make it perfect this time! I plan to sand the inside of the bumper where the old glue used to be and make it as...
  4. Fraysa

PDC Retrofit Question

@Cuzoe Did you have a chance to take a look?
  5. Fraysa

PDC Retrofit Question

@Cuzoe What are your thoughts about the genuine loom I posted?
  6. Fraysa

PDC Retrofit Question

well, I know how genuine sensors work because I had them on my Audi before and they’re much more accurate than what I currently have.
  7. Fraysa

PDC Retrofit Question

The ones that came with the kit from AliExpress, which I’m sure are doing a far worse job than genuine sensors.
  8. Fraysa

Kufatec footwell lights coding

I always had MIB2 and mine has both footwell lighting and background lighting. I believe the background lighting controls the interior lights, not even sure. I can post my adaptation map if you want.
  9. Fraysa

PDC Retrofit Question

In addition to this, I'll also be replacing the Chinese aftermarket sensors for genuine ones. Found a guy on eBay that sells sets of genuine sensors, however the P/N for the side park assist sensors is different : https://www.ebay.com/itm/254231176992 I know from ETKA that all 6 should be the...
  10. Fraysa

PDC Retrofit Question

I found an eBay listing for a genuine wiring loom for the 6 sensors. However this one has also 2 extra connectors for the license plate lights. I assume it will work with my current setup (the connector looks to be the same 8 pin connector as the PDC one, I assume it just steals 12V and ground...
  11. Fraysa

PDC Retrofit Question

I wouldn’t call it a “weird weld”, but instead of going in a “tree” pattern (giving each sensor their ground on the way, instead the main ground wire splits in the center and all of them join in one spot, using a cheap shrink. Slicing through the adhesive around the loom was also a huge...
  12. Fraysa

PDC Retrofit Question

Okay, so today I removed the rear bumper to try and find the issue. Turns out this whole harness is junk. Instead of the ground wires going to each sensor like tree branches, they all go down in a weird path and then joined together with some weird weld that did not hold very well. While...
  13. Fraysa

PDC Retrofit Question

Yes, but that doesn't make much sense: 1. When I performed the continuity test from the red wire in the rear bumper harness to the red wire in the working sensor, it beeped. Why didn't it beep on the red wire in the defective sensor? The DTC says "short to ground". 2. When I performed the...
  14. Fraysa

PDC Retrofit Question

oh, yeah. I performed the continuity test from that harness to the sensor itself
  15. Fraysa

PDC Retrofit Question

what do you mean by disconnect from the body into the bumper? From the rear harness into the actual sensor?
  16. Fraysa

PDC Retrofit Question

@IWMTom @Cuzoe Tagging my old PDC mates from a year ago ;)
  17. Fraysa

PDC Retrofit Question

Hi everyone, Hope y'all are doing great! My rear right center parking sensor fell inside, which makes sense, since with my first iteration (which was the rear when I didn't know much about this retrofit) I used some cheap glue instead of the JBWeld. After leaving it like that for a couple of...
  18. Fraysa

How to retro-fit the rear subframe harmonic damper from the Audi A3 Saloon (2013->)

The MK7 Golf DSG is equipped with DSG type DQ200. The reason for the noise which is described as "coin rattling" noise is due to excess spacing between the transmission forks. In later iterations this spacing was reduced so it's quieter but it still exists (my 2016 has it).
  19. Fraysa

[Guide] How to replace the fuel door actuator module

Intro So as most of you may know, like most VAG cars, the MK7 comes with a fuel door actuator that helps you open the fuel door by simply pushing it in, instead of those awful fuel door opener buttons most cars have in the driver's footwell. This is a really convenient feature, especially for...