GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. tigeo

His and Her's wagon's

Understood - it's not that fast..hahahahaha. That's what track insurance is for! I love how it powers out of turns.
  2. tigeo

His and Her's wagon's

Don't underestimate how amazing these are with the IS38 (or 20). A FBO IS38 is an amazing daily driver. Add an oil cooler for the track use for sure if you do it when it's really hot - I've only tracked mine during cooler weather and have no issues with oil temps etc.
  3. tigeo

His and Her's wagon's

Do you have a stick or DSG? The IS20 is great for sure - I ran for a year. I'd say if your'e doing it do the IS38 and be done with it. I'm not really sure there is much you can do here - folks say this and that but to me most of it isn't proven as to what some of these changes actually...
  4. tigeo

His and Her's wagon's

Nice write-up! These cars are so impressive for what they are on the street or track. TBH, I never noticed any real intervention to speak of when I tracked my 4Mo wagon and I just use ESC Sport (not off). Maybe it's XDS helping it turn by applying the outside brake? I was able to get my car...
  5. tigeo

Coil overs or shocks and springs?

Preload is how you adjust ride height on those. Some folks are happy to save the 200 because they don't care about exact ride height adjustments was my comment. But yes if that's something the OP wants by all means the B14 is a quality set.
  6. tigeo

MK7 defrosting issues

Fresh air and ac on...those should be the defaults when yoy hit the defrost setting.
  7. tigeo

0W-20 VW 508/508 oil analysis/comparison

Would you like to add anything of value to the oil convo? I see your main mods are tint and a drop in filter from your sig. For you, whatever oil you would like will be just fine and will take that Jetta well above 200K. I run Walmart "Supertech" brand in 2 of my cars for reference. In the...
  8. tigeo

Yes but not everyone cares about that small amount of preload adjustment for the extra money.
  9. tigeo

I'm not castigating anyone about their OCIs except the poster that is saying folks are fools for not following VWs recommendation of 0W20 but then turns around and goes against the VW recommended 10K. Settle down Beavis, the hole isn't that deep.
  10. tigeo

I'm glad you assumed how old I am - I think I'm quite a bit older than you think (~50). I know I'll have my car long enough as I don't buy cars often and I drive them typically for 10+years but then again, my 1.8 Sportwagen calls for 502 oil which I use so no drama here w/r to using 508/0W20...
  11. tigeo

Sport springs (Eibach, H&R) and sport dampers like Koni or Bilstein fit the bill perfectly and for $800 are far and away higher quality than any coilover that is cheaper than that. No real reason to go with coils if you aren't going to mess with the height adjustment etc. This "cup kit"...
  12. tigeo

From another oil-related post here on the forum: Just curious why your'e not going VW's engineers and wasting all the oil not going with 10K change intervals? Also, clearly by the manual, 1 qt between changes is more than within the realm of normal and VW even considers 1qt/1200 miles normal...
  13. tigeo

*a VW that is operating far outside of its design.
  14. tigeo

This from EQTs FAQ. I'd say Ed and EQT crew know their stuff about tuning MQB cars and what works when pushing these cars. I'm sure you can find more if you look.
  15. tigeo

I am not talking about stock GTIs (I feel like a broken record at this point)...I'm talking about higher power stuff folks commonly do around here including tunes/bigger turbos. Would you have run 0W20 in your Evo? I'm going with "no". Both VW502.00 or 504.00 approvals (502s are mainly xw40s...
  16. tigeo

The great thing about Euro oils is approval make it easy. Folks get hung on viscosity and the winter rating (OH MY GOD IT'S A 0W OH MY GOD" but really, it's very easy...use the correct approval and it's going to be ok...but like you say...it will be ok anyway for the vast majority of drivers...
  17. tigeo

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Cobb AP and EQT....ahhahahaha
  18. tigeo

You just need to drive both - many say the 2.0 is v. underwhelming on the big Atlas. The 3.6 is v. smooth.
  19. tigeo

No on the injectors - happened once, cleared code, drive. Mine has the 6/72 B2B warranty and we are low mile drivers so not really concerned at 37K with 2 more years of warranty. The auto is v. eco-tuned and I drive it in sport mode almost always to get a little more hold on the shift points...
  20. tigeo

Mic drop...wow. I wasn't aware that my post was that provocative or was pointing out anything that was particularly controversial but drop those mics and get your Internet forum rocks off! Go back and re-read it. I think using 0W20 in a stock or lightly modified 2.0 is just fine as I thought...