GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Will_

RacingLine Golf MK7 Oil Cooler

The other option I could have is to mount it above the crash bar on the passenger side. This appears to be what Bar-tek has done on their product page. Would probably need to custom fab a bracket but shouldn’t be too complicated. Would rather not drill into crash bar so would try to use existing...
  2. Will_

RacingLine Golf MK7 Oil Cooler

Is there any issue with mounting an oil cooler vertically or at an angle other than horizontal? I am thinking about finally grabbing this kit but, due to having a FMIC, would mount it on the passenger side behind the fog light (and would remove the fog light). I’ve seen someone do it before but...
  3. Will_

SOLD -JB4 Group 2, Bluetooth and Data cable

Sorry, sold.
  4. Will_

Will_s Night Blue GTI daily turned track build

Track day at Laguna Seca yesterday. It was overall a fairly frustrating day as the car count in each group was huge and I dealt with traffic the entire day. On the plus side, the car ran great all day (minus some overheating on occasion) and I got to hangout with @ckuhns and his sweet track...
  5. Will_

"Official" Lap Times Thread

Well, I couldn’t quite manage the same success as Ckuhns, but I did set a .1s PR, just not the time I was aiming for. I had a combo of heavy traffic and just pure bad luck in the three sessions I did. This was the only clean lap I had on the day. Track name: Laguna Seca Track location: CA Lap...
  6. Will_

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Meanwhile, in California… track day with @ckuhns
  7. Will_

200TW HPDE tire selections (with one condition)

Once my 245/40/17 RS4s are toast I’m thinking of either 245 RT660s or maybe 245 AR1s. They are all around the 10” section width range. While I could go wider, I think having a slight stretch to the tire is really beneficial for track/Autocross in terms of minimizing tire deflection. I felt a...
  8. Will_

I wouldn’t fix the PCV unless it is a problem, but I ran the first few track days on stock PCV and didn’t have any issues. The “BL” revision is a cheap fix and has since fixed all issues for me. I would definitely do pads and fluid. The stock non-PP brakes are not great but should handle your...
  9. Will_

Who doesn’t like track photos?
  10. Will_

I am running the OTS 91 octane stage 2 tune. I am very happy with it so far. I was hitting an indicated 127mph down the front straight at Thunderhill compared to 118 with my JB4 tune. The oil temps rose slower and cooled faster than with the JB4 as well, which really pleased me. The car is...
  11. Will_

Track day at Thunderhill East yesterday. Was overall a very good day, resulting in a PR by about 2.8s and what I believe is a chassis record, although it may only be a record for GTIs. This was the first track day with the EQT tune and Stoptech brakes and both performed very well. I was up about...
  12. Will_

Yea was fading them, but that was more of an issue with using DS2500 pads than the caliper itself.
  13. Will_

I was very happy with them, no issues to report. The pedal is a tiny bit softer than my Macan setup, but I don't want to render a verdict on that until I rebleed this setup. The bigger test will be next week at Laguna which is much harder on brakes. Absolutely zero loss of performance yesterday...
  14. Will_

Track name: Thunderhill East (bypass) Track location: Willows, CA Lap time: 2:04:03 Year/model: 2017 GTI S (non-pp) Estimated total vehicle weight with driver: 3200 Estimated wheel horsepower: 330 Fuel: 91 Tire size and model: 245/40/17 Hankook RS4 Estimated ambient temperature: 50F Notes on...
  15. Will_

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Any concern with the AFR being a bit rich during this pull? https://datazap.me/u/will/eqt-st2?log=0&data=1-7-11 I have not un-installed the downstream o2 sensor yet. Is this an example of the Accessport adding a bit too much fuel as the ECU "learns" the car? I have a GTI Jake downpipe with...
  16. Will_

Final touches of track prep this past week. Got an alignment, installed a BFI catch can and bed in brakes. Also did some hard acceleration runs to test for boost leaks. Car is feeling really fast. Also bought a new helmet and HANS device. Did some DIY visor tinting with film from Amazon that...
  17. Will_

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Installed a BFI catch can and bed in the brakes. Install went fairly smooth although somewhat confusingly the BFI catch can mount doesn’t seem compatible with my BFI motor mounts. Zips tie to the rescue. Took the car for a test drive after to check nothing was wrong and confirm I didn’t have...
  18. Will_

Official Pure White GTI / Golf Thread

Lol did ya lock her in??
  19. Will_

Daily Driven STU Setup - Critiquing

For the GoPro, is video stabilization on? It should be in the settings. It automatically crops the footage to be smoother, turning it off makes for a better sense of change in direction.
  20. Will_

200TW HPDE tire selections (with one condition)

I was looking at the TT4 regulations the other day the tire modifier makes no sense to me. Why would a 100 treadwear NT01 be in the same category as a 300tw PS4S?? And the Maxxis RC-1 is pretty much a slick with two grooves.