GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. VQVW

[HOW TO PATCH] MIB2/MST2 Delphi HeadUnit (MST2_VW_xxxxxD) patch [FEC/SWAP/CID/CP]Android Auto,CarPlay and many more

Thanks. Did it fix any issues or change anything that you noticed?
  2. VQVW

How to Retro-Fit Illuminated Overhead Console Panel

Thanks for this write-up! Has anyone tried swapping the buttons? Or does the actual function of the driver's side light button change when you swap panels?
  3. VQVW

[HOW TO PATCH] MIB2/MST2 Delphi HeadUnit (MST2_VW_xxxxxD) patch [FEC/SWAP/CID/CP]Android Auto,CarPlay and many more

Thanks. Can you confirm that 0867 is the most recent US firmware from VW?
  4. VQVW

MIB2 firmware update tutorial (VW Audi Skoda Seat download links)

Thanks, but the reason I asked is that those are the EU firmwares and I have a US unit. In the US folder on mibsolution.one, here's what I see: MST2_US_VW_P0867D_MU0867 MST2_US_VW_P0870D_MU0870 MST2_US_VW_P0635D_MU0757 The top one has the most recent posted date (Sept 30) but there is no info...
  5. VQVW

MIB2 firmware update tutorial (VW Audi Skoda Seat download links)

I'm trying to figure out what is the latest US firmware for my 2018 Alltrack. Here's what I have currently: MST2_US_VW_P9120D for software train version, software 0842. I am looking at mibsolution.one for updates; I don't see a MU879 version for US---is MU870 the latest for US, or where would...
  6. VQVW

This is a helpful resource! Here's a question: I just want to update my firmware to the latest. I don't want or need any patches or modifications. I'm just trying to figure out what is the latest US firmware for my 2018 Alltrack. Here's what I have currently: MST2_US_VW_P9120D for software...
  7. VQVW

What did you do to your mk7 today?

How much does powdercoating 4 rims cost and what kind shop does that? Anyplace that does powdercoating, or an auto specific shop?
  8. VQVW

The Definitive Rev Hang Thread (Mk7 & MT focused)

It's entirely possible the ECU programming is different between my car (2018 Alltrack) and the 2021 GTI. The gear ratio differences get smaller as you go up in the gears, so it does become less noticeable for that reason. Thanks for sharing your experience.
  9. VQVW

Glad to hear. I have been satisfied with the approach of revving above 3000 RPM on the 2nd and 3rd gear shift. But driving around town, can't really do the same for 4th, 5th, and 6th due to speed limits. :) So for the rest of the gears, I'm still sitting around, coasting in neutral while...
  10. VQVW

IS20 Turbo Longevity

I hear both things--that IS20 is more practical, builds boost earlier, and that IS38 is very similar, builds boost only a few hundred RPM higher, etc. I live in a city but most of my driving is highway. I'm pretty happy with IS20 for now, but might eventually upgrade. I think for me I would...
  11. VQVW

IS20 Turbo Longevity

Sad that they apparently can only use capital letters and no punctuation, haha. I've seen the same on my dealership invoices. How old is their software?
  12. VQVW

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Where did you get the black emblem, or how did you make it? I'm having a very hard time finding black emblems that are the right size and not $40 from the UK.... No one seems to carry them in the US anymore.
  13. VQVW

So when you floor it, how does it work? It sounds like when you depress clutch pedal it cuts fuel enough to allow rev matching without taking your foot off the gas pedal, but preserves some boost. Do you find shifting at WOT is easier with NLS?
  14. VQVW

Oh, yikes. I didn't think about that.... Huh. That is weird. Let us know how it behaves after retuning.
  15. VQVW

On a related note, this is the first I've heard of this: "APR's Motorsport No-Lift Shift is an optional feature that allows the driver to maximize acceleration by reducing power, boost and time lost during a gear change. With the vehicle above 20 km/h and the accelerator pedal held above 98%...
  16. VQVW

Ask Me Anything: Lug Nut, Bolts and Wheel Locks!

The Schwaben one is aluminum. Super light weight, so saves a few grams if you store it in your armrest, but would rather have steel. Soon after I bought it I cross-threaded it somehow and it chewed up the end of the threads. Too soft. It still works but I have to be extra careful when threading...
  17. VQVW

Good point. I think I'll leave this poll up for a week or so, complile the numbers, then I'll follow your suggestion. And thanks for checking with COBB. I'm also wondering about the "protune" that @JerseyDrew77 mentioned. Wondering whether you have heard of anyone who has used VCDS or coding to...
  18. VQVW

Yep, I have felt the same. Going up a hill you should definitely rev above 3000 or even 4000, which will reduce the hang and let you shift faster; also you'll be in a higher RPM in the next gear so you won't bog the engine as much.
  19. VQVW

Yes, but once we get enough responses we can compare the ratios. For example, MY 2018-2020 has a ratio of rev hang vs no rev hang of 3, whereas MY 2015-17 has a ratio of 1.6. That would suggest the problem is worse in the later years. The poll feature is very limited. Only one question and 10...