GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. R

RS3 Swapped Golf R Project. IMS 1100

saw Alex and the guys got in your new turbo parts too to get the big turbo going After finding out Audi dropped the 8Y RS3 for Canada...MK7.5 RS-R is looking so much more tempting...
  2. R

Lader LM5xxx hybrid turbo

ya you are probably right looking at some of the videos posted here recently: https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/500-600-bhp-is38-upgrade-turbo-hybrid-mk7-7-5-vii-r-gti-lm575-lm500-lm440.345280/page-7 looks like still all IS38's still...might be worth moving to that thread to see...
  3. R

Thinking of purchasing a 2018 Golf R

for the price difference, why not play with the A3? It's not too far off a R For $25k that you would literally piss away on the Golf R, you could have a LOT of fun with the A3. Go with a IS38 hybrid or Garrett option (might as well go big if you are upgrading the IS20), downpipe, intercooler...
  4. R

ya following that development too, not a whole lot out there yet end of day, it doesn't take much to breaking road laws on Stage II, but it feels like there is still more left, looking to find the best turbo to provide power through the whole band (being 6MT)
  5. R

I'm sure everyone in North America will have a solution like they do for the MK7. Found the Europe options are quite expensive in general for other mods. Likely when supply chain / MK8 R shows up in larger quantities
  6. R

yup, I m sure there are some differences - but super curious if this would work Don't get me wrong, I am sure the IS38 hybrids would be fine, but I am really curious on the differences in power band
  7. R

I think we have plenty of custom tuning solutions, I kind of want to see what this thing will do compared to the IS38 hybrid solutions even in the mid range
  8. R

https://kolbenkraft-tuning.com/product/golf-8-r-turbo-upgrade-lm5xx-8r-clubsport-audi-s3-8y-turbolader/ This is a hybrid of the MK8 R's turbo, who is going first? Found it on another forum, will be interesting if we can swap GTI option too...
  9. R

Mk8 Golf R.vs bolton Mk7.5 Golf R.

I mean still 90 hp is pretty massive difference in real world gap for two cars, that are pretty much the 'same'. MK7.5 - lighter, more powerful MK8 - heavier, better rear diff?, more useful power Again going to be super interesting what the MK8 ends up doing. Still pretty much on board with...
  10. R

If you look closely at the 0:56 mark, it shows the stock dyno at 324.8 hp lol...and stage 2 has 415.7 hp So if my math is correct, 91 hp. I also am curious if VW claims a 298 hp actually has 324 hp, then what does a 310 hp one have? Would be interested to see what the MK8 on the same dyno and...
  11. R

I was expecting it to be a bit closer - I mean end of the day it's a stock MK8R vs a Stage II MK7.5R Still interested in what results they get with the MK8R, but I dunno I do like the seats, I would like a sunroof again and the rear diff but everything else I prefer with the MK7.5R tbh, maybe...
  12. R

pre-load on rear sway bar

I tried freeing it with a mallet and no success, ended up in the garbage after. I don't have a good vice attached to a workbench at home. I can't quite tell 100% but it looked like the bolt was bent. Forgot to post... I'm sure I could ask family members if they hit something, but the wheels...
  13. R

Ya I think you are right - it won't be a few months until I can start driving it again at a track. It's just the start of winter, and pothole season hasn't even kicked in yet where everything goes out the window for suspension anyway
  14. R

Will try to keep this short, but originally bought an EMD sway bar /w springs combo. Immediately on receiving I installed the sway bar, and with stock height and end links, felt fantastic. Installed the springs, and things obviously started felt a bit sloppy, but a fun sloppy in the corners...
  15. R

Gen5 rear LSD + DQ381 front LSD soon?

ya it sounds more like the the only issue between MK7/7.5 using the rear diff is software that will make it likely impossible - which is fine but mechanically up to the rear diff sounds the same.
  16. R

Gen5 rear LSD + DQ381 front LSD soon?

this is great news The DQ381 is also in the MK8? That hasn't changed? Just curious with the new rear diff, if there was any changes required, maybe revised transfer case
  17. R

No Haldex on the MK8?

Honestly putting a Wavetrac in either MK7 or MK8 does wonders, since no matter what the front wheels are being driven. I really want to push a MK8 R though and see how much the rear diff helps in compensating, and whether they are still using XDS in the front driving wheels. Haven't been able to...
  18. R

Noise Left Rear - Golf R

Does this happen when the wheel is turning? Agree, it sounds like it could be a wheel bearing - make sure your wheels are properly torqued, I had an issue where I didn't have it sitting nicely on the hub and that resulted in eventual wheel bearing.
  19. R

Considering a new R to replace a 20 year old Boxster S

stock for stock, I'm sure the R will be faster around a race track, but it might not be as fun doing it since the electronics help out a lot
  20. R

Wavetrac - any downsides?

Ya, or if the id3 R (equivalent comes I would be happy). Yes I have it, it only is fun in corners really. You always are going to have more power going through the front wheels, so treat it like you are driving a GTI except with a rear assist. Resale value is not going to go up, unless you...