GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. T

Problems/questions about gas mileage

I thought the modes were a gimmick at first but it turns out being in eco mode and not going above 70 mph can make a huge difference. Other wise it’s usually 29-32 mpg for me in normal mode cruising at 75-80.
  2. T

16 Autobahn Battery Replacement

Anyone have specific instructions for coding a battery? I’m going to mark this for future reference.
  3. T

'21 GTI Impressions, Hits, & Misses

Why are the stock wipers awful? Mines are dead quiet and does an amazing job cleaning the glass.
  4. T

Micro SD card recommendation?

Nope. I suspect it had something to do with them working on my hatch door due to a faulty cracked hatch grommet and screwing up the harness then blaming it on my sdcard. Of course I don’t have definitive proof of this.
  5. T

Thanks for taking the time to help me out on this. I’ll do some more research and get that going.
  6. T

I’m ignorant on this subject but how do you test it?
  7. T

Problems/questions about gas mileage

If you’re steady with your pedal you can get well into the 40s. I once got over 46mpg with the gti in eco mode. These cars are phenomenally efficient.
  8. T

Hey guys, so I had my head unit (2019 SE) fail to turn on and display the rear back up cam on a few occasion. I took it to the dealership to have it looked at and they blamed it on my sd card. They said that my sd card is prob corrupted and needed to be replace but never gave me a proper answer...
  9. T

Does anyone here have a paid carnet subscription?

I’m curious on what you guys think about it. What made you decide to keep it? I have read that the 2020 models have advance capabilities with their 5 year free service but wasn’t sure what that included. I am on the fence about subscribing to it as it seems steep but it has saved me a couple of...
  10. T

Sunroof shade keeps sliding back when driving. Any fix?

Thank you I’ll have to give this a shot.
  11. T

Do you have the tab number to share? I’m trying to get a better understanding of what you mean by having bump stops trimmed.
  12. T

Mk7 high miles

How bad was the carbon build up? Do you have any pictures at 100k? Humble mechanic posted his at 10k with a good bit of build up. Not sure if it could be caused by his own modifications as he added a lot more variables.
  13. T

Mk7 high miles

Holy cow! That’s impressive. Can I ask how religious we’re you with maintenance?
  14. T

So like the tittle says my sunroof shade keeps sliding open when I drive around. Not sure what's going but has anyone else experience this? If so does anyone have any recommendation to fixing this?
  15. T

Dkfa vs CXCB & CXCB differences?

So I went down rabbit hole trying to understand the major differences of these engine (don’t ask me why). My 2019 has a DKFA engine which had some major changes to allow for 0W20 oil. According to my research this was mainly due to fuel economy. However it looks like the mileage has dropped...
  16. T

Any meetups in the Aurora/Denver area?

It’s a maybe for me boys. Depends on how late I have to work the day before. God I miss good sleep. Shouldn’t have taken those younger years for granted when you can sleep and not worry about bills.