GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. E

Open source tuning solution

I developed my tune based on looking at logs from different tunes and JB4. You have to figure out how to get to the end result but it helps you have a baseline for what is safe for the turbo and motor
  2. E

HP Tuners DIY Tuning Solution

I started fighting knock with the stock timing maps as soon as I added boost and fuel. Based on my tuning so far I'd pull: about 4 degrees starting from 800 cylinder airmass and 3500 rpm in Port flap low VVL 0 in 0 ex 0. 4 degrees from 1050 airmass and higher from 2500 to 3500 rpm in Port flap...
  3. E

Why Do We Need a Boost Sensor at the Charge Pipe AND the Intake Manifold?

They are both pressure sensors. PUT is short for Pressure Upstream Throttle. I think the primary reason for this is to allow the ECU to use the throttle blade for boost control as well as the wastegate and blow off valve. To do this it needs to know both the pressure in the manifold and the...
  4. E

Just seeing this now. I'd echo what @Hoon and @aaronc7 said. HP Tuners is just a tool to modify the ECM, I would have a conversation with that tuner about how many other VW/Audi or MQB cars they have tuned. My guess is their experience would be more in the GM or Ford world. If you aren't looking...
  5. E

HP Tuners MPVI 2 and VCM Editor

I've got my car licensed and have been tuning it. What are your goals with the car / current mods? As Hoon said there isn't port injection support yet and some datalogging parameters are still missing. You also don't need pro features unless you want to bring in an external sensor. Cost is 4...
  6. E

That reminded me I haven't seen anything related to injection window either (SOI / EOI).
  7. E

Nope. I'd expect that to be under fuel system, but that page is blank for me.
  8. E

Maestro DIY Tuning Help

Thanks! This is awesome! Glad to share what I learn and contribute. Thank you for setting this up @joedubs
  9. E

Try the latest beta if you aren't running that already. You can download it right from here: https://www.hptuners.com/downloads/ If they still aren't there I would open a ticket.
  10. E

Nice! You just need some more cars. Started working on my car over the weekend. HP Tuners seems to follow other suites and does an initial flash that takes 15 - 20 minutes and recommends a battery charger (also set your laptop not to go to sleep :eek:). After this you can write only the...
  11. E

Max torque at clutch and IAT correction tables were added to my ECU ID today. Guess I know what I'm doing this weekend! :cool:
  12. E

Best bet is to open a ticket here https://support.hptuners.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit with your ECU TCU IDs
  13. E

Correct. It will only ask you to spend credits when you attempt to write. I don't have any EFI live experience, but I know GM switched computers around then and one is better supported then the other on HPT. My buddy tunes for a GM high performance shop. What year is your C5?
  14. E

Sure! Trying to get a couple other people to jump on so we can talk tuning :). Stuff Highlighted in blue is what I am currently logging. Last screenshot shows the logging interface with the chart vs time layout I setup for the GTI. The boost relative number in yellow is a math function I...
  15. E

Here is what I have access to on 5G0906259D. I have a ticket open with them for the Max torque at clutch / transmission tables and IAT vs spark correction. I will try to do the same with my transmission calibration when i'm able EDIT: Also keep in mind. HP Tuners is not reading the file...
  16. E

My box code is currently lacking, but tables have been added recently. I've got their interface so I can report back. I hope they chose to support MPI as an OS enhancement as they do for their boosted GM custom OS.
  17. E

For those looking for a DIY tuning solution like me. HP Tuners just announced MK7 ECM and DQ250 support https://www.hptuners.com/vehicles/vwgolf-hptuners/
  18. E

Lost Driver's Side Headlamp

The lighting package GTIs (pre-facelift) use a shutter in the projector that flips up and allows more of the beam to come through. bi-xenon is just referring to both the low and high beam being xenon powered. It would be a PITA but you could try swapping the ballasts between the two lights.