GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. PRRGG1

Performance Monitor HMI "Missing" from New 2021 GTI

It'll be interesting to see if the North American 2022 MK-8s have it. I'm assuming that that they have MIB3s. If so, the delay in updating our 2021s will make no sense at all.
  2. PRRGG1

Performance Monitor HMI "Missing" from New 2021 GTI

Nope. I checked with my Dealer last week and VW hasn't issued anything yet. :rolleyes:
  3. PRRGG1

New 2021s still arriving at dealers?

Interestingly, that (indeed weird looking) wheel arch reflector doesn't appear on British versions.
  4. PRRGG1

Thanks @bentin -- I love my '21 and am not in the market, but that was fun to mess around with. Glad to see they have a fun color with Pomelo Yellow Metallic. Interesting though that it and a number of other metallic and "solid topcoat" (?) colors are an additional $395.
  5. PRRGG1

Stopped by my VW Dealer today and asked about the status of adding the Sport HMI Performance Monitor feature as promised by the Monroney sticker on my '21. They contacted VW Corporate and there's still nothing in the pipeline. If the MK8's coding is different than the MK7.5, us folks with...
  6. PRRGG1

Engine oil usage on almost new engine

The dipstick on our TDI was like these and was excellent because the entire end was made of a light gray plastic with a hashmark center section that made it easy to see the oil, whether dirty or clean. This excellent design was likely a victim of cost cutting, perhaps with the thought that many...
  7. PRRGG1

Engine oil usage on almost new engine

Thanks for your post Jeff. My dipstick looks like the one below and I have the exact same finding as you with my MK7.5 GTI with a 6 QT fill measuring halfway up the hashmark. I prefer it to be at or near the top of the hashmark, so do just as you do and add 1/4 to 3/8 QT more. The Owner's...
  8. PRRGG1

40mpg

We did two 600 Mile tanks in our Sportwagen TDI 6M. Both were nailbiters toward the end, but upon filling up, we comfortably had more remaining fuel than we thought.
  9. PRRGG1

I think the U.S. '21s are all gone now. The last ones in Honolulu have sold I think.
  10. PRRGG1

40mpg

Once common was this ...... with our TDI 6M. ;)
  11. PRRGG1

New Kia Logo vs Nine Inch Nails

Thank you. It's funny that you mention that because I thought the trailing "N" was reversed, but couldn't find a graphic to support it. My memory was rooted in the videogame Quake (from 1996) where one of the weapons was a nail gun I think. The proper reversed N matches the Kia logo even...
  12. PRRGG1

New Kia Logo vs Nine Inch Nails

Kia's puzzling new logo has a vague similarity to the logo used by the '90s band Nine Inch Nails. In any case, I'm not a fan of Kia's attempt at rebranding.
  13. PRRGG1

Rattle from rear wheel well area

Long shot, but does the volume vary depending on the fuel level in your tank? Some years ago I had a vehicle with sending unit that had somehow run amok and it was most noticeable with a near empty tank.
  14. PRRGG1

Instrument Cluster Service Reminder Display Of Oil Change Nearing 5,000 Miles

You hit the nail on the head @KevinC . (y) The Service guy at the local Dealership said the same and added that these are supposed to be reset upon delivery, but it's sometimes overlooked. (I didn't buy my GTI at the local Dealer.) Amusingly, upon parking my Cornflower GTI at the Dealership...
  15. PRRGG1

In 24 days, I'll have owned the car about nine months, but I see what you're saying. I think I'll stop by the Dealer today to see what's up with this.
  16. PRRGG1

I've had my '21 GTI SE (USA) for eight months and it has only 4,800 Miles on the odometer. An instrument cluster service reminder now appears that in 24 days an oil change would be needed. Has anyone else experienced this oddity? I read the USA Warranty and Maintenance for Gasoline Engine...
  17. PRRGG1

And we know they're not working on code to add the Sport HMI Performance Monitor to '21s. Despite the promise on my Monroney sticker, after 8 months of ownership, I still don't have it. You bring up a good point -- just what is it that VW IT people work on? :rolleyes:
  18. PRRGG1

Sunroof 'exploded' today on 2016 GTI. That was fun.

My wife's '17 Golf Wolfsburg and my '21 GTI SE both have sunroofs. We use them all of the time and have had no issues with either one, but given what I've read, I do live with some worry. Time will tell.
  19. PRRGG1

Steering wheel sound click/pop when turn signal is on, is this normal?

It all gets rather confusing, but VW TSB VWP-18-11 of March 12, 2019 covers several models and model years with extended warranties on clock springs. It began with MY 2010-2014, but the range may have been widened. I don't know the details, but you may want to research if troubles surface and...
  20. PRRGG1

Mystery Dash Rattle

I'm thinking my occasional buzz (it's not constant, not loud, depends on road surface and comes and goes) could be my my A Pillar. About two weeks ago I stuck several business cards in the area as shown and it's greatly reduced the noise. The A Pillar fix looks like something that I'd fail at...