GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Cliff p.

FS: 4ea Hoosier DR2's 245/40r18

These were traded from a guy here in TX before I shipped the car to California in November 2020. They had about 4 nights of shenanigans on them, and then the car was shipped. These retail for $278ea on tire rack, looking to get $200ea OBRO. Must take all 4.
  2. Cliff p.

EQT Vortex - MQB Turbo

Sale ending soon folks! Get it while you can!
  3. Cliff p.

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Aloha :) We do our best to try and keep the riffraff to a minimum in our group on Facebook. If you think it's bad there, you should see many of the other groups. As always, if you see anything that is in poor taste, we ask that people report it so that we can take action. -C
  4. Cliff p.

Issues with lpfp and hpfp combo

I've noticed you on the boards over there. I've been keeping a steady eye on HPT myself. Interested in seeing how quick they release development updates.
  5. Cliff p.

Issues with lpfp and hpfp combo

I suspect that ED is dead, development wise. Once HPTuners starts to take off, I'm sure ED will die off all together. JM2C. You have Cobb, where there are a few very competent tuners, and you also have ECUTek with a few very competent tuners. There are MANY other options out there as well...
  6. Cliff p.

Port Injection Harness - Leads on buying it separately?

Food for thought. Swap all of your sensors over.
  7. Cliff p.

PSA: TPC20 - not recommended

Not that I have a dog in the fight, but.... This was TPC's response to a local friend/customer I was assisting, with troubleshooting high wgdc issues which looked to me like a boost leak, given TPC's statements on maximum output of their turbo (on pump and E85). My buddy kept running into a...
  8. Cliff p.

Rebuilt motors: Curious of your oil consumption, or filling the catchcan?

His bore gauge apparently needed recalibration. He would set it to the correct bore diameter, and it would show that it's accurate. We used two other bore gauges and showed him it was off by .002" Needless to say, he cut without charging (obviously) additional fees, and then put his bore gauge...
  9. Cliff p.

EQT Vortex - MQB Turbo

Wait, so natural progression ISN'T to build the motor? FML. :(
  10. Cliff p.

In essence, what happened to me. Machine shop measured the bore with their bore gauge, and we remeasured when they said the block was done. They were off. We then checked at two other shops to compare, and turns out the machine shop did in fact have an issue with their bore gauge.
  11. Cliff p.

EQT Vortex - MQB Turbo

This certainly has been fun :D
  12. Cliff p.

Machining of pistons is one thing. Bore size is entirely different. When my block was bored/honed, the machinist discovered .002" wear in cylinder #2. What this means in the grand scheme of things, is that he only cut (honed) .002" of material out of cylinder #2, and made the cylinder true...
  13. Cliff p.

EQT Vortex - MQB Turbo

If you have facebook, join our group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/eqtvag Otherwise, send us an email to support@eqtuning.com. Also, check our faq out at https://www.eqtuning.com/apps/help-center
  14. Cliff p.

Some good news so far this morning after roughly 200 miles of driving the car with the catchcan AOS setup. Zero oil consumption. Line is exactly where it was when I filled and cycled the car, then checked oil level. This makes me a happy camper. No more draining catch cans every hundred miles...
  15. Cliff p.

7438-9 are the recessed plug, and I would second that they are recommended over the exposed ceramic/electrode.
  16. Cliff p.

MAGIC/MAJESTY (eBay) 16.4 liter Intercooler

520whp corrected for elevation. Not sarcasm. I also ran out of turbo at this output.
  17. Cliff p.

MAGIC/MAJESTY (eBay) 16.4 liter Intercooler

LOL. Yeah, I looked and it says (200-450+ hp). Honestly, if my "wall" issue is resolved with the new intercooler, I'll be able to say with certainty that they're right. A bit over 450whp uncorrected is all she wrote.
  18. Cliff p.

According to Radium's instructions, you can use either the side or the top for the crankcase vent. When I looked closely at the diagram, the PROPER way is to have it vent to the top port since that's where the media chamber is that actually assists in the filtering. Why they'd mention you could...
  19. Cliff p.

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Good evening guys, thought I would share with you something that Ed and team have been mauling over for a bit. We are now pleased to announce Staged DSG Tune Customization! Launch Control RPM, By Gear WOT rev limits, By gear part throttle rev limits, and other customizations available...