GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. SouthFL_Mk7.5

Friction Evolution 2 piece rotors

Last outing I used the ECS 2pc with Porterfield R4 dedicated track pads. No fade. Pushing hard.
  2. SouthFL_Mk7.5

Daily Driver / occasional Track Day GTI ‘19 S

The kid is daily driving the GTI now and has taken a liking to Autocrossing.
  3. SouthFL_Mk7.5

Friction Evolution 2 piece rotors

Same here. Worked great last track day with Porterfield R4 race pads and have been great for a year of daily driving on R4S.
  4. SouthFL_Mk7.5

Son’s First Autocross

Congratulations! 3 generations!
  5. SouthFL_Mk7.5

Gti Full Suspension Build - Looking for Advice

For further reference RE camber; I was able to get -2.2 up front on stock springs/struts using Superpro fixed Top Hats and Superpro LCA’s. Took the top hats off after a year due to NVH and went with lowering a springs/dampers kit. LCA’s are still on working well. Less negative camber now...
  6. SouthFL_Mk7.5

Son’s First Autocross

I’m still stoked about this past weekend. What I appreciated the most about this day was that at age 16, the desire to do the autox came from the kid. A neighbor told him about the event (it’s actually a get young drivers off street racing program) and on his own he got the car prepped and...
  7. SouthFL_Mk7.5

In my experience anything suspension related with spherical ball becomes a rattle within a year of daily driving.
  8. SouthFL_Mk7.5

Looks like a solid setup. The list is more extensive than many people here have done who track their cars.
  9. SouthFL_Mk7.5

Son’s First Autocross

I used this car as a daily driven/track day car for a couple years. Retired it from track days and gave it to my son…. now he’s enjoying it at a local autocross. Lucky to have a common interest with him in the GTI. Maybe he can give me some pointers going forward as I was never much of an...
  10. SouthFL_Mk7.5

Lowering Options for Ride Quality and Longevity?

Lowering springs over factory struts will most probably decrease ride quality. A well paired spring and strut/shock combo will give you a good ride quality. I’m very happy with the ride characteristics of the VWR Spring/Damper Kit. Well matched and composed and I’d say is a nicer ride over...
  11. SouthFL_Mk7.5

Vibration at high brake pressure, new rotors

If the rotors don’t have a deep lip there’s no problem with bedding in new pad/compound.. I used to go as far and take the used rotor off and cross sand to prep for the new pads… but a proper bed in is usually enough to transfer a layer of the new stuff on the old rotor.
  12. SouthFL_Mk7.5

Vibration at high brake pressure, new rotors

R4 are dedicated Race / Track day pads that need heat to perform in their operating range. For daily you’re better off with R4S. Sounds like you need to bed those pads in again. Or, remove rotors, cross sand then bed pads in again. If this is happening at the track, could be the pads...
  13. SouthFL_Mk7.5

General GMAX RS vs. Firehawk Indy 500?

I’ve had a set of the Indy 500 on my wife’s 430i for over a year. They’re great. Handling, grip, feedback, response, wear, noise all good. Haven’t let me down in the rain either (we get plenty).
  14. SouthFL_Mk7.5

New APR Intake System for Only $189.95!

Yes! I do recall the intake packaged inside a clear plastic bag. Seeing here the Christmas tree skirt in the background, there are some packing peanuts on the floor…. Most probably what happened is either myself or my son eager to see the intake and take this picture, took the intake out of the...
  15. SouthFL_Mk7.5

Upgraded street pads for Golf

I run the Porterfield R4-S daily. They’re a wonderful pad. Can take anything you throw at them on the street. They get pushed to their limit on the track (I switch to R4 up front for track and keep the R4-S in back at the track). Not too much dust to boot and silent operation. For a higher...
  16. SouthFL_Mk7.5

Also, make sure no peanuts are in the cone air filter while you’re at it. My car sucked a couple packing peanuts into the turbo when I installed the intake! My bad (for not visually inspecting) but just a heads up…. Disassemble the intake and visually inspect the inside of the cone filter...
  17. SouthFL_Mk7.5

MK7.5 Right Rear Passenger Noise (Problem solved)

Same here. Thought it was endlinks or shock mount. Was the seats. Greased the latches and done.
  18. SouthFL_Mk7.5

I must admit, one of the funnest mods I’ve done to the GTI.