GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. D

FS: JB4 Group 1 w/ Bluetooth module and O2 Harness [SOLD]

Replied, thanks. Yours is in much better condition and with the Bluetooth option, so I appreciate the fair deal!
  2. D

OK, the one I bought is bad and need another, I've already invested in the app and everything. Can you do $250 shipped?
  3. D

FYI, it will work with all EA888 Gen 3 including Golf 1.8 and Jetta GLI, the "Group" number is just for internal sales tracking for new sales, literally group 1-4 uses the same firmware... Anyway, wish I had bought yours, I just bought a very much used one with data cable for less but it's beat...
  4. D

Burger Tuning JB4 Golf 1.8TSI MQB specific information thread

Well, first off, to explain further, I must have an old original JB1 that was upgraded to a JB4, they are the only ones that had the Plug A/4th plug that was never included on further revisions of JB1 nor even included in a JB4 sold new... So, still not getting readings for anything but boost...
  5. D

Thanks for the suggestions, My unit has four larger plugs (plus AFR wire and OBD connection) and the install instructions clearly say that plug A is not used with the 1.8l, there is apparently no such plug for it to even go to on the 1.8l... But I'll especially double check the OBD connection...
  6. D

Soooo, I had missed the setting to toggle on OTG in the app, so I'm connecting up, updated the firmware to the latest group 60 VAG EA888, but what if I'm only picking up boost, in both logs and the live android app gauges? I even tried saving a log and all it got was boost values.... No RPM...
  7. D

Yeah, nice, I finally got a hold of the guy who sold it to me who explained this as well.... So it looks like he did have a bunch of numbers set up for boost under map 6, I'll just have to go over those and adjust for my application when it comes down to it. I was able to connect with my laptop...
  8. D

So I got my used JB4 installed tonight and went straight to map 2... Wow, definitely less lag down low, even had a Neuspeed power module on the higher setting and this blows it away. Far less lag and more power. But, I don't know how the firmware works, do I need to make sure to get the latest...
  9. D

So you use an adapter for the USB to plug it into your phone? Thing is, I've had the Cobb AP with mount on my previous car but have recently just like to keep my phone plugged into the car USB for Android Auto but I I do have a decent tablet and adapter I could use instead, so thanks for the...
  10. D

I definitely plan to do map 6 tuning, is it just a matter of not having a wire coming through the firewall and hoping there is enough length to run it around with enough slack to keep it plugged into the laptop all while trying to capture the live data or is there actual features I'd missing out on?
  11. D

For those of you who only have the USB data cable, is it worth poking an even bigger hole in the firewall grommet to have access to the laptop connection without having to pop the hood? I mean, seems like the only way to look at charts while car is running so you can pull over, look over and...
  12. D

Ahhh, that one on the very bottom... hehe, figures, thanks for the specifics!
  13. D

I have tried searching for this answer and have read a ton already, sorry if it's noob... I picked up a very used JB4 w/data cable only and just want to confirm that I do need to fully install it just to connect to it to check firmware, etc, right? I'm actually a computer guy so I know it's not...
  14. D

Question on AQ250 and 09G tranny on '17 GSW S (6spd non-dsg)

Yeah, exactly, cool that the 09G is holding the power, but that's a verrrry friendly set up dyno and way leaned out, as he confirmed it was stock fueling. His theory is that there is a unicorn of a good wastegate on the brand new IS38 that's able to hold the boost, hmm.
  15. D

Question on AQ250 and 09G tranny on '17 GSW S (6spd non-dsg)

Funny, I hit him up earlier with comments on his FB post and he was responsive. Says, yeah, leaned out but with ethanol that's OK and does insist it's stock fueling. Says most IS38 can't make enough boost normally, that's why you don't see many IS38 with only JB4 out there but thinks this...
  16. D

Tuned 1.8 Tsi long term reliability

You'd prob need an intercooler upgrade and for sure a high flow DP with an IS38 on a 1.8. There are ways to keep temps down for sure.... But the lag wouldn't be good for Auto X anyway, mainly roll racing, hehe.
  17. D

2.0t HPFP swap on 1.8t

Having DI w/MPI also is like what we called on other platforms "aux fuel" so it can be utilized and tuned for as well as keeping your intake valves clean. The Ecoboost platform actually has Aux fuel kits to get around fueling limitations which would require require HPFP,LPFP and injector...
  18. D

Tuned 1.8 Tsi long term reliability

So interesting update, some of you may have already seen the newer thread of a 1.8 w/IS38 and ONLY a JB4 for tuning making 350/390 with 09G TC Auto, I shit you not! It is an ethanol blend but simply a custom map 6 JB4 tune, nothing else! He said it will only be a track day tune, he will use...
  19. D

IS20 + JB4 & Warranty

I believe the details on that "removed JB4 still voided warranty" involved something to the effect of that they could see the wiring looming for the JB4 top connection had been modded/pulled back so that's how a douchey anti-mod dealer denied them...