GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. B

2017 GTi PP at VIR

Yep just the Zimmerman blanks, cut down the dust shields to just cover the abs and ball joint and then the deflectors. Yea makes sense and I guess this setup just won't be able to exhaust the rotor heat out quick enough which is a bummer. Think dedicated brake ducts could help? I guess I...
  2. B

2017 GTi PP at VIR

OK cool thanks, good to know it's not a hardware problem and others hit it. Last question, what kind of brake fluid are you using now? Ive got ATE200 and think that may be causing some fade late in sessions. Or since I've got the Macan Brembos, could just be getting too hot even with RS3...
  3. B

2017 GTi PP at VIR

OK interesting, have you thought of a surge tank or do you just keep your fuel topped off between runs?
  4. B

2017 GTi PP at VIR

This stuff is good to read to keep adding more to the GTI. Need some camber. Anyone have issues with fuel starvation on the front straight at VIR when on low fuel? Had a track day with SCDA (12th day at VIR this year so this is a new issue) and when I'm around 1/4 to 3/8 or less of a tank...
  5. B

Second HPDE at VIR download/discussion

Harrys is solid but Track Addict is a bit easier to use with the computer Race Render software, Harrys. you have to manage the videos editing on your phone. I've got a new Superpro camber plate set if youre looking in the short term. Just got back from VIR today with SCDA. Check out Schroth...
  6. B

How to install Schroth Quick Fit Pro in a MK7 GTI

Have you taken off the rear bench yet? You'll see the attachment point clearly when you pull it out, pictures are documented well in the OP's pictures as that is what I've followed. It helps to have a copy of the GTI maintenance manual as well for any other specifics or additional diagrams of...
  7. B

Ambient: 73 - Oil: 275 - overheating & misfires at Sonoma

No didn't touch the turbo outlet hose, inlet hose you just maneuver around a bit and isn't an issue. The main thing is taking out the full intake box that holds your air filter. The outlet hose past the turbo is somewhat close to that part but not a clearance issue. If you have aftermarket...
  8. B

I know my 2016 GTI didn't have it and after a track day I really noticed my driver side wheel well was covered in trans fluid. The stock cap on the breather was a pain to take off, I basically had to break the plastic (#25 above) but after putting on that #13 part I didn't have any overflow...
  9. B

Good to hear, hopefully the plugs are the only issue.
  10. B

Hmm that may be time for coil pack upgrade/replacement then. Most people think it is snake oil but only if there aren't standing issues like misfires, since you still are it is probably worth looking into. I put in the APR coils alongside my 1 step cooler RS7 plugs for my stage 2 tune and...
  11. B

WTB Golf R / GTI PP Brakes

Still working with OP and I'm probably dropping the ball on timing due to some personal items but I'll reach out if they are still available.
  12. B

In my experience an oil cooler is a must at track. Also EPC could happen due to oil starvation in a long sweeper so keep your oil level high and probably want to invest in a nice PCV replacement. Misfires are usually mis-gapped spark plugs or bad coil packs. I've got an extra Racingline oil...
  13. B

How to install Schroth Quick Fit Pro in a MK7 GTI

For another install data point, just installed the Quickfit Pro on a Mk7 '16 GTI Autobahn and it seems to be working great with my HANS III. EDIT: Plenty of adjustability and fits me at 6'3" with a HANS with another 4-5" of rear adjustment to spare, just had to figure out how to adjust the back...
  14. B

How Much Does an Upgraded Front Sway Bar Help with Track Feel (Already Have RSB)?

Sounds good, this is a dual duty car with a lot of track time this year and in the future so FSB it is. Dropped subframe with deadset, FSB and LCAs should be fun in the garage and then coilovers after that.
  15. B

2017 GTi PP at VIR

Looks good, hopefully I can get out there one more time by end of year. For the low oil temps on the road, I've read that the better thing to do is to block off your louvers by putting the under-hood dampening material back on when not on track. As much as I've read about others with those...
  16. B

How Much Does an Upgraded Front Sway Bar Help with Track Feel (Already Have RSB)?

I'm about to drop my subframe to install LCAs and deadset kit and figured this would be the best time to install a front sway bar. Thoughts on how useful an upgraded FSB? Right now I've got a 034 RSB on the stiff setting.
  17. B

RacingLine Golf MK7 Oil Cooler

That's awesome! Wondered when Racingline was going to get knocked off as going the full remove the intake manifold route is tough. Hopefully that kit clears the intake manifold on its own, I modified my Racingline oil cooler to match this type of setup but the Mocal thermostat was too big so I...
  18. B

Beginner Track Day: Some Questions

For stock PP brakes, here's a list of simple things to do that will help with your track day: Remove the GTI badge on the front calipers, it pulls out easily and traps heat in there otherwise Remove the heat shield behind the rotor if you can get back there before the track day, trimmed is...
  19. B

2017 GTi PP at VIR

The guy on FB sent me his larger o-ring for the APR CC plate but haven't installed it yet, last time I was at the track I had some oil weeping out of the return tube area where it meets the plate but nothing major. Taking that thing apart is going to be annoying. That APR CC/plate was paired...
  20. B

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

Are you talking about the brake lines when you say stainless? Tighten it with a line wrench but you don't have to overdo it, don't torque it down like a banjo bolt. 200nm or ~148ft lb for the two large bolts to the spindle. Easy way to do that is turn the steering wheel all the way to that...