GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Devolution

2019 Golf R Integrated Engineering Stage 2 Review

Run a tune with lower octane rating and run the higher octane? That’s why I run the 91 tune even tho I put 94. Might be overkill but gives me peace of mind. Also, I’ll update when I go get an oil change and ask my personal mechanic to do a full diagnostic to see if I’m getting any tune...
  2. Devolution

I just believe the MQB platform is just very well engineered IMO. I could be wrong, maybe my turbo will blow up prematurely but so far 11,000km (~7000miles) on stage 2 and no issues at all.
  3. Devolution

The great white north! She gets spoiled with 94! 😆 Did a quick conversion and the 94 here would be equivalent to about $5.43/US Gal. Not sure if that would be considered expensive or cheap in the US.
  4. Devolution

91 octane pump gas. Also, I believe it’s the big jump in torque that really made it feel significantly faster. IE stage 1 91 tune reported numbers are 359hp, 377ft-tq. Don’t get me wrong, stock to stage 1 was significant too!
  5. Devolution

It did get worse…. But surprisingly not that bad considering the higher power of the car. Also, no dyno but I can attest to some pulls in Mexico that it’s definitely up there. For example: (all rolling, no dig) 2017 Camaro Superbee - R pulled hard 2018 Audi S4 - R pulled very hard 2018 C63 AMG...
  6. Devolution

Stage 2 Mk7.5 - Need advice on clutch

Thanks for the reply! The stock clutch has held up exceptionally well considering. I have my stage 3 ready for when it does go though!
  7. Devolution

I live on the edge of rural country but still in the suburbs. I never hit stop and go in the city I live in unless someone’s died on the road I’m travelling on. So, my city driving isn’t as bad as it could be. Also, I think it’s just my driving habits when I’m not doing anything spirited...
  8. Devolution

I was considering the JB4, went with stage 1 instead. What a difference! And the jump from stage 1 to stage 2 was yet another very noticeable difference. Also, don’t forget more turbo noises from all that extra boost 👌yummy
  9. Devolution

Apples to apples. Mixing highway/city/spirited driving/grandma driving overall. I can get better fuel economy when I go full on grandma driving mode and save an extra litre/100km on both stock and tune. Overall the tune does burn more fuel but tbh for the power it’s actually still very...
  10. Devolution

As the title states I own a 2019 MK7.5 Golf R MT. Mods IE CAI IE Inlet IE Muffler Delete IE HF Catted DP IE Intercooler Res Delete +Few other brake/suspension/stiffness/mount mods Reported HP/TQ: 425hp; 460ft-tq (on 91 octane) Issues: None! Never a check engine light, even under hard...
  11. Devolution

***STOCK CLUTCH UPDATE*** Stage 2; 425hp; 460ft-tq 40 I have put on about 11,000km (~7,000 miles) on stage 2. My stock clutch is holding up really well. I have had a slippage a few times under VERY HARD acceleration but other than that it’s holding up exceptionally well. I was under the...
  12. Devolution

Mk7.5 Stage 2 - Flutter after lifting...

Yeah. Seen it in IEs promotional videos and they said it was normal. We will see if my turbo blows. 5,000km on tune so far.
  13. Devolution

Mk7.5 Stage 2 - Flutter after lifting...

‘19 Mk7.5 R, did the jump from stock to full stage 2 by Integrated Engineering. I have been searching the forums for answers regarding the difference between flutter and surge. This tune is very aggressive and really seems to push the stock turbo to its limit for the ‘19. I am curious if any...
  14. Devolution

Appreciate the replies. Surprised to hear that the stage 2 clutch won’t be able to hold up to a stage 2 mk7.5. The reason I say this is because my stock clutch still isn’t slipping. I have only done 1 ~2500rpm launch with no slip but still will admit have not stomped it in 4th, 5th or 6th...
  15. Devolution

Thanks for the reply. Reason I ask is I got a deal on a new south bend stage 2 daily and the shop said it is more than adequate for an IE mk7.5 R and stage 3 is “overkill” but said I can spend the extra $600 if I want. He also said the stage 3 south bend daily is a noticeably harder clutch...
  16. Devolution

Greetings all! I own a ‘19 Mk7.5 and just recently decided to go from stock to full stage 2. I am running IE inlet, downpipe, intake & intercooler along with their 91 stage 2 tune. Now, I am currently still running the stock clutch (car is at about 45,000km, original owner) and it’s actually...