GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. D

ACC Replacement for 2013 VW Golf GT

StevieD has messaged me about this but the question gets asked quite a lot so I will leave all of the information here so hopefully others searching for information can benefit from it. I will be offering a postal repair service (in the UK, although if required I can accept and send abroad) for...
  2. D

ACC Not available, DTC1038 & 1043

Just wanted to update this, as this was only part of the problem. The root cause was the radar itself failing, water ingress, corrosion and ultimately damage to the PCB inside. However, I'm an electronics engineer and was able to rebuild the radar unit (early, 2013 model with domed front)...
  3. D

Stop Start error & ACC not working

Yea, unfortunately they are really rare. This type of radar was only fitted between late 2012 and late 2013, after that they moved to a flat-front Radar which you unfortunately can't fit to our cars, there's some sort of software incompatibility in the CAN Gateway that changed between 2013...
  4. D

Stop Start error & ACC not working

Hi Isacheema, Ok. So I've been on a bit of a journey with this over the last couple of weeks. Short story of it is, the radar itself was knackered. Long story is, I'd been through all the wiring, checked the power supply to it, checked the grounds etc, I made myself a canbus interface and...
  5. D

Component Protection when swapping parts, info?

Hey Marc, I will do a little writeup, once I'm sure it's working 100% again. It had a momentary relapse tonight but after opening it up I found a broken pin on a connector so have repaired that and it's once again working. In all honesty, I would say that prevention would be the best...
  6. D

Radar was still working absolutely fine this morning on the way to work, I made sure it tracked cars on bends and at the maximum distance available, as well as making sure it registered that other vehicles were in the same or neighbouring lanes. So far so good. golfdave I just had a quick look...
  7. D

At the moment I'm not sure I trust the radar to even work tomorrow morning, which is when it typically fails. I don't have lane assist, so the radar alignment is all that should be affected, and I've taken a few steps to make sure that it's absolutely 100% pointing in the same direction it was...
  8. D

Forgot the picture, didn't I. 
  9. D

Cheers IWMTom :) So, I repaired and reassembled the radar, fitted it to the car and bingo, fully working again. For now (see pic). Let's just assume for now that I've been really, really lucky and managed to bring it back from the dead without losing my calibration after completely...
  10. D

Thanks for the replies guys, and sorry if I confused anyone with my terminology. Maybe I should give some background on what I'm trying to achieve; I have a domed radar (yep, you're right IWMTom) which is failing, it works some of the time but it's getting worse. I also have a good, used...
  11. D

I know it will need ADIS alignment once fitted, I'm just experimenting with used radar units at the minute (I'm an electronics engineer so investigating the canbus communications). So will fitting a new radar automatically trigger a persistent component protection DTC and erase my old alignment...
  12. D

I have a simple quesiton about Component Protection. My ACC Radar is bust, fails 90% of the time. I have a replacement radar from a different car. If I plug in the replacement Radar, then take it out and plug my ORIGINAL one back in, will CP lock me out? is it permanent when triggered? or is...
  13. D

Voltage Stabiliser location?

That's my fear. One of the things I've done is to carefully remove the Radar with it's bracket after marking it's position on the crossmember, cleaned off all the alloy corrosion and sealed around the perimeter and around the socket using Tigerseal PU adhesive. Unfortunately it hasn't worked...
  14. D

Ok, so, take today as an example. Get into the car and turn on the ignition, cluster displays "Start-Stop" and "ACC Front assist not available" after a couple of seconds. Plug in VCDS and interrogate module 13 (ACC Radar) - No communication. Interrogate the CAN Gateway and there's faults logged...
  15. D

Ah, gotcha. Ok, so on this system they communicate on 500Kbps CANBUS, the gateway is technically master and the ACC Radar and lane assist camera are both **Technically** slave modules. I'm slightly grasping at straws suggesting the gateway, as you said it's really just the interpereter to help...
  16. D

Sorry for the confusion, by 'master' do you mean the radar unit? My radar unit is the early one with the domed front, supposedly that one doesn't have component protection, model 5Q0907541G. Is there any risk with plugging in a used can gateway and simply configuring it to have the same...
  17. D

That's great, thanks, confirms my thoughts that there's no other units connected to that canbus. That does mean unfortunately that if the radar itself is ok, then there's possibly something up with my can gateway. If that's the case then I've no idea where to start because apparently the can...
  18. D

Thanks for that ryansonfire, in guessing the voltage regulator is directly controlled by the can gateway, rather than being self contained like they used to be. I checked the coding of the battery again and everything looked good there, however when I checked the ACC radar it had no...
  19. D

Yea, thanks for that, really helpful. As it happens I'm an electronics engineer and actually locating the module so that I can inspect and test it would be really useful, a bit of a heads-up on the location would be nice but I guess I'll just use my eyes and spend ages tearing the car apart...
  20. D

Anyone know the aproximate location of the voltage stabiliser unit on the MK7? Have seen someone suggest it's in one of the wheel arches, which could be possble but I think it unlikely. I'm having problems with my ACC Front assist and Start-stop, which usually points to a dead battery, however...