GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. R

2022 MassTuning TrackFest Schedule

We're away much of March and April so my season will begin in May this year. I keep summers to a bear minimum, so hopefully it will be a pretty packed fall. I run with a number of groups, but most don't have open reg yet. I signed up for these MassTuning dates. Sadly we don't overlap any...
  2. R

I love the look and feel of it. Signed up with MassTuning. Reminds me a lot of Palmer....without having driven the Club. The R does really well at Palmer. I think the AWD helps on the uphill climbs.
  3. R

Man that is a full schedule for one club. Your Club Motorsports comment may just swing it for me. Thanks! I really want to try Club Motorsports at some point. It looks like a fantastic track. Have you drivin it? That's a great idea, I can't find date overlaps yet because most clubs have...
  4. R

Just going over this same schedule to try and get in the $100 discount for as many days as is workable. They do a ton of events at Canaan. Have you run there? Do you like it? Looks uninteresting on videos. Would include a hotel for me, so I'm leaning more towards bigger tracks for hotel...
  5. R

2017 GTi PP at VIR

I had my shop do the install. No mods to strut towers. I street drive my car about 14k per year. NVH is totally acceptable to me. Not really much difference to stock.
  6. R

2017 GTi PP at VIR

I love your car, as did everyone in the group I was with. I have Ground Control camber plates.
  7. R

2017 GTi PP at VIR

Thanks. Lots of room for improvement, but that's part of the fun. My back straight VMAX was 132- 133's with a very few 134's.
  8. R

2017 GTi PP at VIR

This is great stuff. Really nice going. Congrats. We met in your garage during the Audi event. I'm humbled by you fast guys. The Audi event was my first time ever driving at VIR. Before the event I set beating 2:20 as my target for the weekend (yes, as in 10 seconds slower than you...
  9. R

"Official" Lap Times Thread

That is awesome. Really nice work! I'm also an RT660 convert. Best bang for the buck I've ever driven, especially for a combined DD/track tire.
  10. R

"Official" Lap Times Thread

Nice driving. That looks like a fun track and pretty safe as well...lots of runoff. Nice job.
  11. R

2017 GTi PP at VIR

I removed center caps and valve stem caps during track season for years. Wound up leaving them off year round.
  12. R

Beginner Track Day: Some Questions

I agree on swapping out the stock pads. Good high temp fluid (motul 660 or even better Castrol SRF) and DS2500s will take you pretty far before needing to upgrade to an even higher temp pad. I've been running for years in advanced groups with stock rotors and calipers but excellent pads and...
  13. R

Chasing a Hellcat at Palmer.......Lovin my Golf.

" T4 and T5 feel like such a patience test, waiting to open up on the straight." Well put. No matter how you take it, it always seems like you can go faster, but sometimes slow is fast. Track driving in general is a constant balance between wired get-it-done NOW and patience. I am just...
  14. R

Thanks. I'm not certain that my line is faster, so YMMV. A later apex is considered the "correct" line, so I very well may be doing something wrong, but every car is different. I have driven it with an early apex with an instructor, and he said it was fine because we were set up for T4. As...
  15. R

2021 HPDE Plans

I was responding to monkeymd's post not yours. Yours was funny though... And a little too close to the truth at certain events. 🙂
  16. R

2021 HPDE Plans

Slow cars or drivers who don't check mirrors are an issue in all run groups, even advanced. It has no bearing on the type of car. It is far worse with drivers who recently got signed off because they are so focused on the line. Best bet, if it's a problem for more than a lap, is to pit to get...
  17. R

Thanks! The Miata is from my post on the "Official Lap Times" thread and refers to a different session. I was definitely going to get in the high 1:53's, except I caught up with a Miata in the very last turn and had to slow down before getting the pass. He was totally fine with his mirrors...
  18. R

Are you loving the Cayman? I was a "Porsche-guy" back in the day, instructing for PCA Metro and NNJR for 7 years ('99-06), and still love them. As part of my research on the brakes I checked some Porsche forums, and 3.12 users seem to be a happy bunch there. After a bunch of years doing this...
  19. R

I do think the DCC helps with the springs. Setting it stiffer (race) really seemed to help sort the car out even on the street.