GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. E

AC evaporator drain tube?

As promised, I did the water drainage hose replacement today and will be sharing some of the things that I've found out: (1) According to ETKA, 5Q2820127E is the latest revision hence I ordered this part number from e-acca. The part I received is made in china and has a "valeo" logo on it...
  2. E

PSA: Cable Tie Your Bonnet Release Cable Junction Box

Any tips on doing the replacement? Recommended tools to navigate the tight area and re-seat the cables in its position? Did you remove the hood latch sensor cable while replacing the cable? I peeked through the gap and noticed that my cable is seated under the hood latch sensor cable
  3. E

Yeah, definitely gonna do that I've opened up the junction box, the interior seems to be in a good condition for now Replacing the cable is not an easy task as it is hidden behind the structure holding the intercooler without any easy access...removing that structure will require full bumper...
  4. E

I ordered a new cable, planning to replace it but now I'm wondering if there's any form of reinforcement that can be done to prevent the above from happening That black part that broke is supposed to be some PA66-GF50 material (polyamide mixed with glass fibre) What I can do now is add some...
  5. E

How to retro-fit the newer coolant expansion tank cap to a Mk7 Golf

mk8 coolant tank retrofit My old tank is due for replacement as it still has the silica bag in it and it was really filthy in there No amount of coolant flush is able to clean them out, hence a replacement tank is highly recommended I came across this retrofit in the fb post shared earlier...
  6. E

Retrofit mk8 fuse box cover (purely aesthetic purpose only)

Not sure where to share them but I guess a new thread is fine This cover serve no purposes other than aesthetic value and that is entirely subjective I have confirmed that the fuse box cover for the Mk8 Golf will fit Mk7/7.5 cars just fine The parts involved (2 options available, either one is...
  7. E

Hood Release Cable Replacement Guide?

Did you manage to get it replaced? FCP Euro did a video on how to open the bonnet with a broken latch And in their description they mentioned "Stay tuned for an upcoming DIY where we'll actually install the hood release. For now, we just wanted to share how we actually got the hood open." but...
  8. E

I'm pretty sure the drain pipe for mk7 are located on the right side of the car regardless of RHD or LHD model I have the RHD model and the drain pipe is located under the foot rest on driver side (right side) The video I shared earlier, is a LHD model, and the drain pipe is located on the...
  9. E

How to retro-fit skid trays, aerodynamic under trays, & stone guards to a MK7 Golf

The trim cover itself comes with 2 small drain holes, located towards the midsection of the car I suspect the water from the AC will drip onto the location i marked with the star, still trying to confirm them in this thread-...
  10. E

How to retro-fit skid trays, aerodynamic under trays, & stone guards to a MK7 Golf

I went underneath the car today and took out the front exhaust tunnel cover (5Q0 825 229 C). Upon removal, a small amount of water spilled from the cover. So this has confirmed my suspicion that the water from the AC drain pipe will drip and accumulate onto the cover. Not sure if the small...
  11. E

What do you think? Possibly located somewhere around the circled area below?
  12. E

Ya, I'm thinking it might be "blocked" by the firewall (without a direct line of sight) in the exhaust tunnel from underneath Anyway, I've ordered a replacement tube before I proceed to remove it for cleaning
  13. E

Thanks for the reply but this is from the inside I'm wondering how does it look like from the outside of the car /from underneath the car Thinking of cleaning the evaporator by injecting cleaning foam from the outside Another question - is it hard to remove and reinstall the drain hose without...
  14. E

Sorry for reviving an old thread but I figured it better than starting a new one on similar/identical topic Does anyone know where is the ac drain pipe outlet located from the exterior? Is it in the firewall between the exhaust pipe and chassis body?
  15. E

Does anyone know if the front exhaust tunnel cover will block off the ac evaporator drain outlet? I've noticed the lack of water underneath the car after using the AC so I'm worried about a possibility of clogged drain pipe or it's just the cover obstructing it ?
  16. E

OBDeleven Diagnosis

"C101D14 - Right rear ABS wheel speed sensor Open circuit/short circuit to ground static" This seems to be the problem - a possiblity of faulty ABS wheel sensor located at the right rear wheel Well, we hope it's the ABS sensor and not the harness - the ABS sensor is an easy replacement - What...
  17. E

May I know what do I need to remove to access this? I tried removing the grill but still couldn't see it I'm having RHD model if that matters Meanwhile, is it advisable to open up the coupling and lubricate the moving plastic part?
  18. E

How to retro-fit the newer coolant expansion tank cap to a Mk7 Golf

Just more information i've obtained online ETKA here - https://ifinterface.com/ After studying the diagram, the hose clamp size is identical for both mk7 and mk8 hence I believe the mk8 coolant expansion tank is compatible with mk7 as long as the clips location are correct
  19. E

White dust from air vents VW Golf Gtd Mk7

This seems to be the issue - Did you managed to fix it?