GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Maiden69

TPMS and new wheels

definitely. I am digging the no-TPMS as I have an extra set with summer tires. We don't get that cold here, but last year we had a few weeks with snow and sub-30 degree days so I decided to keep the OEM wheels with all-season tires to swap back. If I decide to finally do the TPMS I will buy...
  2. Maiden69

TPMS and new wheels

There is a thread running around with the retrofit. Same as with the Orange, but you have to do the programing with VCDS or OBDEleven. I am considering it for the same reason Jim stated. You can check the temps per tire in real time. I asked Discount Tire to fill my new tires at 37 (I went from...
  3. Maiden69

Coilovers or Aftermarket Struts + Springs for Daily Driver?

Were you able to install this? I am on the fence right now. I have a set of NIB H&R OE Sport, and don't know if I rather buy Koni struts/shocks and Eurosport camber insert, or get the ECS coilover with Eurosport insert or the Godspeed MonoMAX (I thought about the MonoSS but not getting pink...
  4. Maiden69

Is there a foam cannon for a hose that actually works?

As someone that used to do detailing as a business I have all the IK foam 9, 1.5, and a multi-sprayer. They have a new Pro12, a little more but worth it if you have a compressor to fill it up instead of pumping. The only thing I don't like about the new one is the wider spray pattern. I use my...
  5. Maiden69

Window scratches

Ceriglass is great, if you can get your hands on a rotary polisher use one, works better than on the DA. By hand it's a nightmare. Cover all your rubber trim, as Ceriglass will stain it if it dries on it. Plastic razors are useless, good for pushing dirt around, that's it. Burnish your razor...
  6. Maiden69

Mostly OEM Audio System Hurts my Ears at 1/3 Volume

@Cuzoe I would get the C3's if they end up on sale. Definitely keeping the speakers close to $300. My GTO had Infinity Kappa front and back with a 12W3v2, and I rarely used the backfill... now I just do front, and depending on the sound I may add mid-bass to the rear doors. I need to do some...
  7. Maiden69

@Cuzoe , if it was me, for this car I would not dab into Audiofrog or Stereo Integrity separates. The acoustics and lack of noise dampening in this car will kill it for me. And at my age, a full sound deadening job as I used to do it out is not going to happen. I think I'm going with a simple...
  8. Maiden69

Yes, Audio Control is not the easiest of them all, but once you have used it a few times it's not that hard. This guy have a few tutorials on it, he makes it sound a lot easier than what it is. https://www.youtube.com/c/CarAudioFabrication
  9. Maiden69

I did it at the dealership with one of the techs. He plugged my OBDEleven and changed the "Medium note frequency range" to 4000kz (5F>Adaptation>Developer Mode), then ran a test using the green screen in the MIB. That part I don't remember how to get to.
  10. Maiden69

CARNET Discontinued

Not necessarily. it depends on the manufacturer I guess. I had On-Star in 3 cars, plenty of CEL, never had a call or service scheduled. On-Star do send you an email and asks for YOU to request service if needed. I had 2 CEL so far with Car-Net and not a single pop-up on my app or email about it...
  11. Maiden69

The system in this car seriously sucks. Fender (first car I test drive) or OEM to me sounds equally harsh. I was able to change the frequency of the mid equalizer to 4K with OBDEleven, it alleviate the extreme mid-high harshness, but still too much for my liking. If I decide to upgrade the...
  12. Maiden69

Latest “Disable Auto Stop/Start” Thread

Yes, but Don @DV52 is a member here and in the Ross-Tech VCDS forum as well. I think most of the tweaks out there can be attributed to him, or some sort of collaboration between him and other members. I was going to do the cable, but for $25 shipped and no light/error/action required from me it...
  13. Maiden69

Easthood Racing's Time Attack/Getaway Driver GTI

The picture of the Fortune website for the MK7 system don't have the actual plate for the car. But after looking at their website, they use the same coilover picture for every brand.
  14. Maiden69

Mk7 Exhaust Tech. How to get the sound you want.

Well that blows. I found that one, but I have used PRL V-bands before and I was planning on using them on the GTI. I may contact them to see if they can produce some for the GTI. If the sizing is not too far off I may try to machine a PRL to size. Thanks for the help!
  15. Maiden69

My bad, I was talking about the V-band. I used to get V-band instead of bolt-on housings. I think the T31 is slightly larger than the T3. The T4 is close to a 3.5, the PT can use either 3" tube welded inside or 3.5" outside.
  16. Maiden69

@GTI Jake have you noticed any difference in sound/performance from placing the cat in the two different positions you used on your V1 versus now? I'm going to start ordering the materials to make my downpipe and I am still undecided if I want the cat close to the OEM location, or downstream...
  17. Maiden69

I didn't even try to remove the buttons. All I did was remove the plug from the bottom of the assembly, connect the through harness, and using an L shaped plier and my hand plugged it back in. Took me 5 minutes. The way he did it is easier, since he shows where the clips are. I had no idea and...
  18. Maiden69

The 2 links I had for Amazon show as unavailable https://www.amazon.com/Eliminator-Volkswagen-2020-2021-Automatic-Canceller/dp/B098DT1P1H/ref=sr_1_10?dchild=1&keywords=2020+golf+start+stop+cancel&qid=1633446742&s=industrial&sr=1-10 Plenty on AliE...
  19. Maiden69

There are wiring harness for around $20-40 in Amazon and AliExpress. I bought one from AliE, since the OBDEleven tweak don't work on 2020+ cars.