GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. MrFancypants

Bilstein B8 strut mount issue

Front B8s are inverted and the bumpstop is already built into it. Not sure what the shaft diameter for the rears is though.
  2. MrFancypants

Pearlescent black or black?

Pearlescent paints have tiny ceramic crystals added to the paint so that the finish has a shimmering or color shifting effect under certain lights and viewing angles.
  3. MrFancypants

Is it safe to buy a downpipe?

On the mk6 you can gut the precat (and leave the main cat alone) for a free exhaust flow upgrade which is probably about 75% of the way to a new downpipe, but with the advantage of not triggering a CEL meaning you can get away with it even in places where emissions are checked. How’s the mk7...
  4. MrFancypants

SRS-Tec spoiler with photos

What material is this spoiler made out of? Fiberglass? Curious because their mk6 spoiler is probably my favorite one available.
  5. MrFancypants

Brakes Brakes Brakes

Sounds like pad fade. I run G-LOC pads on my stock calipers and they hold up with no fade. They are dedicated track pads though, so they get swapped in and out for every track event. I also use Motul 600, no issues.
  6. MrFancypants

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... I'm On Golfmk6, Checkmate Mr. Two Masters Degrees

It’s true, the vaccine killed me too.
  7. MrFancypants

....merrily merrily merrily merrily z-rick is but a dream.
  8. MrFancypants

Dealing with hard water

I never had great luck with blowers for drying, but I probably never had one that was powerful enough. Using a fresh microfiber towel per panel has been pretty effective though. My car is due for clay and polish, but you have to get pretty close to see any micro scratching.... and even that’s...
  9. MrFancypants

Dealing with hard water

Yeah that should help too. I’m not sure what’s in ONR but it’s always been good for me. I’ve read that some like to use Optimum Wax as a drying aid, but that always felt like a waste to me. It never felt like it was adding anything to drying and as a wax it seemed more effective to use on a dry...
  10. MrFancypants

Dealing with hard water

I lived in a place with bad hard water. I washed with ONR with tap water, washing each panel and immediately drying that panel one at a time with a fresh microfiber towel. Spots were only an issue if I missed some water and it dried, but would usually wipe away with a fresh microfiber as long...
  11. MrFancypants

lol yup, that's exactly what my advocate said when we were reviewing my results.
  12. MrFancypants

The VA is super fucking weird at times. If everything is neat and pretty and all tied up with a bow the second you separate they roll out the red carpet for you. One misstep or wait just one second after you separate and suddenly it's a completely different ball game.
  13. MrFancypants

Yeah I'm pretty broken, they gave me 100% P&T on my initial filing. I found out less than a week after I was officially out. On top of that the VA told me in their response that I had a lot of things that I could still claim that I hadn't in the first filing.
  14. MrFancypants

If you separate with enough issues they just see you for everything. 100% P&T.
  15. MrFancypants

I get all the services from the VA.
  16. MrFancypants

Holy shit this is so damn true. I’ve been retired for a few years now and I’m still confused. This system is insane and idiotic. I can’t believe we’ve put up with this for so long.
  17. MrFancypants

As I understand it you keep Tricare at 65, but it moves to being supplemental insurance that covers what Medicare doesn’t. But I’m decades away from that so if that isn’t how it actually works now it’ll definitely change a half a dozen times by then. Also, I’ll never vote for another...
  18. MrFancypants

yeah thankfully I got the memo on that early enough that I didn’t lose coverage