GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

2017 GTi PP at VIR

Not yet. Going to use my OBD11 to log. Need to figure out why I’m down on power. I’m on a time crunch to be able dial in a custom protune before my next event.
  2. M

2017 GTi PP at VIR

I’m in black with Audi.
  3. M

2017 GTi PP at VIR

I would do a quick bleed to make sure you have all the air out the system. The last 2500 miles would have shaken the last few bubbles out. No need to flush the fluid. I will be back at VIR for the Audi event.
  4. M

2017 GTi PP at VIR

Thank you for this. Going to use it tomorrow. I want to get my front Verkline LCAs installed but need to get this issue resolve first. Datalogging will help narrow things down.
  5. M

2017 GTi PP at VIR

Appreciate the feedback. I do have an older OBD11. Just need to figure out how to log. I have used live values. Don’t recall seeing a log function, but then I was not looking for it either. Will do a little research to figure out how to do it. Actual Boost vs. Requested Boost. Don’t believe...
  6. M

2017 GTi PP at VIR

My troubleshooting list for the IS38 boost flutter: 1) Check for boost leaks (local tuning/track support shop says the had a similar boost flutter on a TTRS which had a boost leak) 2) Check waste gate calibration ( even if this is off, my understanding is that you would go into limp mode. Which...
  7. M

2017 GTi PP at VIR

Folks I have no issue fostering healthy debate so we can all improve. Some of you know one another. I don’t expect folks to agree with me or the mod path I’ve chosen. I have learned a lot from the auto-x group and David’s thread. I prefer hanging out in the “track” section of the forum as there...
  8. M

2017 GTi PP at VIR

I’ve got some troubleshooting to do. Eliminate some possible root cause. The ECU is adding more fuel than what is getting to burned.
  9. M

2017 GTi PP at VIR

I still need to check for boost leaks. Going to check the waste gate calibration I can’t verify AFR’s without data logging, so an Accessport may be in my future. Id prefer not have to go through that expense, if I don’t have too. In all the time I’ve tracked the GTi, this is the first time...
  10. M

2017 GTi PP at VIR

My oil sample came back and checked out OK for wear elements but checked positive for fuel dilution. Up to 6.25% from 1.9% This would indicate that I’m running rich. My local APR tuner wants me to come in to smoke my car and check for a boost leak.
  11. M

2017 GTi PP at VIR

On another note. Im happy with the performance of the APR CC. Only got 50ml of fluid out after the end of the weekend. One of the hoses was a little short and I had to use my Racing Line hose. As soon as I get that rectified I’ll have my RL up for sale.
  12. M

2017 GTi PP at VIR

I was responding to @Ronnie_B post that injector duty cycle/fueling headroom had gotten marginal on his K04 upgrade on his Mk6. And that I may be running into similar issues with the boost flutter I was experiencing at VIR with my APR tuned IS38.
  13. M

2017 GTi PP at VIR

Not the news I wanted to hear. Hoping that the injectors have the headroom to run an IS38 without getting into high duty cycle percentages.
  14. M

RacingLine Golf MK7 Oil Cooler

If you spray brake clean from the inside out and then dry with compressed air from the inside out. The magnet will catch and hold any iron. I take regular oil samples so will be able monitor the wear materials in the oil.
  15. M

2017 GTi PP at VIR

So I don’t have any way to record data. I’m on an APR high torque tune for my IS38 tuned for 91 Octane. Not sure if a Cobb will record data when the ECU is programmed by another brand tune? Boost flutter was in 4th gear 5-6,000rpm. Struggling up the hill on the back straight. I still need to...
  16. M

2017 GTi PP at VIR

I’m using a 3k Swift helper spring in the rear. For the front I bought a 4K Assist spring. Both compress under static weight. The helper spring fully collapsed height is 27mm if I recall correctly. Double check on the Swift site to make sure I’m right. Factor in another 5mm for the connector...
  17. M

2017 GTi PP at VIR

Guys I’ll respond as soon as I can. It’s great to be back at VIR with my homies. Definely got something going on with the engine. I’m down on power down the straights. Need to check for boost leaks but I’m thinking it’s something else. Need to recheck waste-gate calibration. The car looses...
  18. M

2017 GTi PP at VIR

VIR Sunrise
  19. M

2017 GTi PP at VIR

First day completed at VIR. Oil temps in the morning were 232F. Ambient temps topped out at 84F. I ran the AC for shits and grins and temps topped out at 252F. From the end of the session to my garage ( back straight and roller coaster) the oil temp dropped to 230F. I did see water temps climb...
  20. M

2017 GTi PP at VIR

The 7” rear spring fixed my rear ride height issue.