GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

How long before the battery runs down and the alarm goes off?

Bought a compact jump starter which I'll keep in the boot. Thanks everyone. Now last question (which shows how little I know): Where do you clamp the negative? Battery diagram clearly says not to use the negative post.
  2. M

Connect iPhone to 2016 mk7

So plan B would be... How much would it cost to upgrade to a more recent audio unit, say one that accepted both iPhones and DAB+ ...
  3. M

Looks like a jump starter is in order 😅 Any recommendations on those with compressors?
  4. M

All looks eminently sensible. There seems to be a macho size race in the various models. My battery is rated 320A so should a 500A jump starter suffice?
  5. M

I had a look and it seems like the original BEM battery. Couldn't find a manufacturing date but VW seem to say it's good for 6 years. Assuming it's the original, it has done 45k miles/ 72k km at least half on motorways at a steady 2.5-3k rpm. The battery level circle is full black (no liquid...
  6. M

Connect iPhone to 2016 mk7

My sound system is the standard one. I can connect the audio via Bluetooth but I'm really interested in the satnav showing up on the console. When connecting via USB I get the message 'phone not supported' or something of that ilk. The first VW dealer I spoke to said it couldn't be done...
  7. M

Hello I need to park my car off airport for a few weeks. I will not be able to plug the battery into a trickle charger. I know the question is a 'piece of string' one (depends on the battery age etc.) but, assuming the battery is in reasonably good nick, how much does the alarm drain and...