GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. D

FS: APR A01 Wheels w/ Michelin Pilot Super Sports 245/35/19

Nice wheels, and great price. Good luck with the sale. 👍🏻
  2. D

Wonky handling after lowering springs

With that description, for me the first thing called into question is the competency of the person doing the install: Were air tools used? Were bolts torqued down properly with a torque wrench, under load where applicable, etc? Were TTY bolts replaced or reused? Were the factory strut mounts...
  3. D

What did you do to your mk7 today?

I like this plan. Then: Then clutch go boom. 🤣
  4. D

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Man, the more I read…the more horror stories I see about the iAbed RMS.
  5. D

What are your favourite winter tires?

I found a set of 17” VW wheels locally last year, which had mint Continental Viking Contact 7’s already mounted on them. Well, 1 tire had a bulge, which the seller freely admitted up front. (The corresponding wheel was fine). In the end I bought the whole set from the seller and bought 1 new...
  6. D

Superpro Lower Control Arm Kit (not the alloy one)

@TheContender09 @arob157 appreciate your thoughts. Many thanks.
  7. D

MK7 Confessions

Lol never heard that one before. My virgin ears!
  8. D

MK7 Confessions

Just when you think you’ve seen or heard it all…
  9. D

I did see those. At some point I thought I saw some not so great reviews (could have sworn it was on the ECS site). They seem to be gone now. :unsure:
  10. D

Good point...they're prob just a steel stamped version of the alloy arm...so fitment *should* be the same or very similar. Duh, sorry. Fortunately in this case I have a 6sp. Downside is I don't have a driveway, so hopefully I can beg someone to borrow their driveway for a bit.
  11. D

Got it. That is very helpful, thank you. The car isn't being tracked or even auto x'd - just some occasional spirited driving A to B. So realistically, I'm more after something perhaps a little more robust that won't give up the ghost after 40k miles.
  12. D

Yeah I've seen that, and I agree about the aesthetics. I think though, that there may be different versions of the bushings available - one that adjusts the caster as you eluded to, and another that leaves it closer to stock. If so, its unclear which variety these steel arms have in them. I...
  13. D

Yeah, thanks. I did search. Found lots of threads about the alloy superpro arms, but nothing about the ones in the link I provided which are not alloy.
  14. D

MK7 Confessions

Same BS here. Empty driveways, street parking full. HOA does nothing about it all spring, summer, and fall. But winter is when it gets interesting. Every year, once winter comes, HOA reminds us in the newsletter that street parking is only for guests, or (get this) for homeowners who own more...
  15. D

MK7 Confessions

Yep, they sure can.
  16. D

MK7 Confessions

…and constructive political discourse while you’re at it.
  17. D

MK7 Confessions

Not necessarily. Bingo.
  18. D

https://www.urotuning.com/products/superpro-lower-control-arm-kit-vw-audi-8v-a3-mk7-golf-alltrack-tiguan?variant=37522999410881 Does/has anybody run these? What can you tell me? 40k on the odo and my stockers are starting to get noisy. Wondering if this would be a good option. Don’t really see...
  19. D

MK7 Confessions

Yes, I’m all too aware (now) that they can and do. My issues with HOA aren’t so much with the rules themselves. I can now understand the need for some uniformity and order. Otherwise, some bozos around here would paint their house pink, or maybe (ahem) leave trash laying around everywhere, have...