GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. I

Good Volkswagen mechanic around West Palm Beach

Thank you, where2! Much appreciated.
  2. I

Haldex maintenance schedule

Just sharing some thoughts with the "R" community... I recently had the Haldex system on my 2015 R serviced (fluid replacement and pump screen cleaning). Though, the car has 90K+ miles on it and the service had never been done, the Haldex fluid was still in perfect shape (clear) and the pump...
  3. I

2015 Golf R - Strange start issues - Any suggestions?

Sorry about that… I meant to say high rpms, race mode, quick accelerations, flooring the gas pedal, etc. It works fine while driving, but if I then stop the vehicle and let it sit for an hour, it takes three attempts to get it started again. On the first attempt it starts, but then dies right away…
  4. I

Thattorquetho, thank you for your comment... definitely something to think about. In general I can drive for hundreds of miles, and still be able to turn the engine off and restart it immediately or after some time without problems. The issue usually occurs when I drive aggressively (even for a...
  5. I

Key Fob replacement for MK7 in South Florida

A quick update on my key fob experience that, hopefully, will help others in the area where I live. Dealer prices for a new key fob around $300-$400. Local locksmiths -> $275-$490 (!) I tried to buy my own original used fob on eBay (same part number and FCC ID) for $30. Eventually I came across...
  6. I

Good Volkswagen mechanic around West Palm Beach

Gents, Can you recommend any good Volkswagen mechanic or dealer in the West Palm Beach area? Mechanics around here don't seem to be too excited about working on my Golf R... they don't know Volkswagen well enough to work on it... Dealers are expensive and I don't have any previous experience...
  7. I

Trustworthy mechanic/dealer in the West Palm Beach area

Gents, Can you recommend any good Volkswagen mechanic or dealer in the West Palm Beach area? I need to work to be done (DSG fluid, Haldex Oil/Filter, etc.). I'm having hard time to find somebody who knows the Golf R well... There are 3 dealers around here, kind of expensive and I don't know...
  8. I

I’ll will keep shopping around then, but the few dealers I’ve called so far are all aligned in terms of pricing…
  9. I

Gents, when I purchased my used 2015 R, it only came with one fob (push-to-start, kessy). I'd like get an additional fob, but prices are astronomical at the dealer ($400) and local locksmiths don't seem to want to deal with VW's recent fobs and immobilizers. Do you know anybody in South Florida...
  10. I

Thank you guys for your replies and suggestions. I'm going through a couple of full tanks with LUCAS additive to clean the fuel system. I will let you know if makes any difference. Just trying the cheapest options first... ; )
  11. I

It’s worth checking… thank you
  12. I

Would a bad battery cause the engine to stall once it has started? Thanks.
  13. I

Hello, I have a 2015 Golf R w/ 90K miles on it. Everything seems to run fine, and usually it starts right away (push button). However, if I drive it hard (high RPMs, Race mode, etc.), when I eventually turn it off and after an hour I try to restart it, I have to press the button 3 to 4 times...