GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Genebaby

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

I went with OEM dynamic lights that need extra work and coding. I am not sure about any replica lights quality but they are usuall plug and play, so much easier to install.
  2. Genebaby

Anyone added the rear seat USB charger ports from China?

I haven't tried converting to USB-C. It might me a thing more down the track, but at the moment it's quite handy just having the regular ports, though the power is not that high via the 12v socket, so I don't think it would be an issue on the USB-C version. As long as the power plug for the...
  3. Genebaby

Spacers

The size increase in your wheel depends on the largest factory size for your body shape, so you can easily put 18" or 19" wheels on any Mk7 Golf in Australia as that was available from factory. Width is one inch larger than what was the widest from factory. I did something I never thought I'd...
  4. Genebaby

MIB3 Discover Pro retrofit

I'm not sure myself, I'm new to the world of VW, this time last year I had none, and now I have two. One has the 9.2 screen and the other has the 8. Is the 8" screen a MIB2?
  5. Genebaby

RGB Ambient Lighting for Mk7 and Mk7.5

It gives you a good indication of how well it's connected. I think I was looking at this channel when I put my rear USB's in and didn't look at anything else.
  6. Genebaby

This guy is having some adventures. Was the glove box trim this difficult for you? I believe there may be more video as the last was just released yesterday and he hasn't shown everything yet.
  7. Genebaby

I'm not too fussed on USB-C ports, as long as I have something, and from looking into MIB3 units they seem like a pain in other areas. I guess I would have thought they'd have all these abundant slots and instead they have nothing and apparently it's a real pain to get map updates and station...
  8. Genebaby

I just found this thread as I recently did get my Android Auto Wireless dongle and made a guess that my Discover Pro is a MIB 2.5 unit, and it seems to be working well. I then did a search for MIB 3 and found it is the same essentially from a user view, but has the Wireless App Connect. I was...
  9. Genebaby

No, that's free. You don't need credits to do much but it can be easy to do so, though it may not always work. Everything you can do in the one click apps can be done for free with instructions. You usually get 100 credits with the Pro licence and you can get some free credits daily as well.
  10. Genebaby

I'm in Australia and I bought it from the US via eBay. I tried to buy my first one from a European country, it was the cheapest, but then there was a postage issue and they did a refund and I had to wait longer to order another. Great device.
  11. Genebaby

Only £12,000?? You are too kind sir. Please take my money!!
  12. Genebaby

Alright, alright, I'll book space on a shipping container. The car will be there sometime mid-year. I need it back by Xmas.
  13. Genebaby

Quick, it's not too late, take it all down and charge for access!!
  14. Genebaby

Great work!! Thank you so much for your pictures and words. So helpful, unlike that French guy. Maybe I should bite the bullet and ship my car to him so he can do the install in his shop? Should only be a small fortune and take a long time.
  15. Genebaby

That's great. I know they have access to a lot of OEM stuff etc, but how amazing they came up with a kit like this, to give the Golf what some of the biggers cars have had for a while, and I think the Mk 8 (vomit) has it now, but that's another story.
  16. Genebaby

Yes, pretty much. For me it's matching ones, or I modify mine. Keep up the good work. The wireless function is working well? That part intrigues me.
  17. Genebaby

Just for convenience mainly. I've melted plastic doing door work on my other car, but if it has to be done.....
  18. Genebaby

I was talking about the surround you get with the "full" version of the kit. Then I could put my original trims away. I will wait and see.....
  19. Genebaby

Wow, looks great!!!! I so want to get this kit, makes sense to have all colours available rather than just matching the red I already have, but I would really like them to do a copy of the GTI trims with the lights in them. I am positive they will do this after I bought this.
  20. Genebaby

I bet that at some point they will release a kit with GTI trims, after I get this version.